The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Thank god this site has an ignore feature, now I won't have to see another message proving how absurd some fans can really be. It's really frustrating to read so much nonsense, especially when you prove someone wrong and they continue to say idiotic things and persist to accuse everyone of something they didn't even say in the first place :facepalm:

Can we just go back to speak about "interesting" things like RAW, Smackdown, NXT, Fastlane, Wrestlemania or whatever subject that is not going to trigger an oversensitive fanboy ?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, TrueAssassin86x said:

Dont worry everyone will go back to hating Reigns in 3 months because fans are fickle.

I didn't wish ill on Roman and was devastated when he announced he had leukemia. As a wrestler though, his promos are cringe inducing, his wrestling ability is trash and I'm not a five year old or a female so I've shared the stereotypical mark opinion of him being an shill that shouldn't be anywhere near the main event.

Thoughts on NXT? I for one enjoyed it quite a bit. Gargano and Ciampa are pure gold B) . It was great to see Bayley and Sasha back in NXT. The pop they got was amazing! How about a match between The Boss 'n' Hug Connection and The Sky Pirates in the near future?!

The main event was okay, though I'm tired of all these knee and leg injury angles as of late. Keith Lee and Dijakovic continue their rivalry from the independent circuit. They had a couple of matches there and I expect them to do just as much crazy stuff in NXT. I'm also looking forward to the Dusty Rhodes Classic, especially DIY vs The Undisputed Era. That's Tag Team wrestling at its finest.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Thoughts on NXT? I for one enjoyed it quite a bit. Gargano and Ciampa are pure gold B) . It was great to see Bayley and Sasha back in NXT. The pop they got was amazing! How about a match between The Boss 'n' Hug Connection and The Sky Pirates in the near future?!

The main event was okay, though I'm tired of all these knee and leg injury angles as of late. Keith Lee and Dijakovic continue their rivalry from the independent circuit. They had a couple of matches there and I expect them to do just as much crazy stuff in NXT. I'm also looking forward to the Dusty Rhodes Classic, especially DIY vs The Undisputed Era. That's Tag Team wrestling at its finest.

NXT was alright. The #DIY reunion was awesome, although I think it may not last for too long. Johnny could be the one to betray him this time around and maybe go for the NXT title next, but I don't know I'm probably just being stupid. They are indeed pure gold B). At least they are promoting the Women's Tag Team championships across the brands. A future match between The Sky Pirates and Boss 'n' Hug Connection will be really solid and amazing. 

What a great match to end February - Dijakovic and Keith Lee. Good booking for ending the match as double count out. The moves in the match were really astonishing and as a viewer you'd have different reactions at least every 10-20 seconds. Both men are huge but athletic as hell. Yeah those injury angles in matches are growing quite old. Some of those angles give quality and classic matches though, like the Seth Rollins vs Triple H at WM33, but yeah I still hate how one opponent rather focuses on just one fragile body part to gain an advantage. 

Can't wait for the Dusty Rhodes Classic. Awesome matches for the build up. Aleister Black & Ricochet will probably be going to the finals to sweeten the TakeOver New York PPV since they're big stars of the brand. So otherwise, we'll be seeing some good tag team matches in the upcoming weeks that I can't wait for. Also looking forward to Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair. 

• Like 3

On 2/28/2019 at 9:57 AM, joeyc138 said:

I didn't wish ill on Roman and was devastated when he announced he had leukemia. As a wrestler though, his promos are cringe inducing, his wrestling ability is trash and I'm not a five year old or a female so I've shared the stereotypical mark opinion of him being an shill that shouldn't be anywhere near the main event.

Wow dude you deleted me on PSN on over a wrestling comment thats just sad. 

RAW was pure garbage. How many times are they going to make The Shield reunite ? Why are they pushing this stupid faction at the expense of other wrestlers who deserve some spotlight ? Why did they made Batista say that promo only for Triple H to say his promo was ridiculous ? Why did they made a championship match for the Tag Team titles when no matter what happened the outcome would be bad ? Why is Becky out of the match at Wrestlemania if she loses at Fastlane and Charlotte is in no matter what ? Find out next week !

... I don't even know why I am watching this show honestly ?

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

RAW was pure garbage. How many times are they going to make The Shield reunite ? Why are they pushing this stupid faction at the expense of other wrestlers who deserve some spotlight ? Why did they made Batista say that promo only for Triple H to say his promo was ridiculous ? Why did they made a championship match for the Tag Team titles when no matter what happened the outcome would be bad ? Why is Becky out of the match at Wrestlemania if she loses at Fastlane and Charlotte is in no matter what ? Find out next week !

... I don't even know why I am watching this show honestly 1f612.png

Yeah, this whole story with Becky, Ronda, and Charlotte doesn't make much sense anymore. Lynch was suspended. Now all of a sudden it's best for business to reinstate her and even let her wrestle, although she's still "injured". Ronda's heel turn is kinda pointless too, since Charlotte is a heel and will be in the match at WrestleMania. Becky on the other hand, has to fight for her spot yet again. Apparently, winning the Royal Rumble Match doesn't mean anything. Who knows, maybe Flair wins the title from Ronda and Becky is just there to please the fans.

I don't mind The Shield reunion though. Seth was dealing with an injury. Roman was out for months. Currently, it's best to put them together as a team, where they can have short breaks during a match. Dean is better as this wacky babyface/tweener anyway.

• Like 2

So things get beyond their respective descriptions of action. Becky Lynch joins the list of Roman Reigns (who faced Daniel Bryan for his spot in 2015), John Cena (who faced CM Punk for his spot in 2013), I think Rey Mysterio faced Randy Orton in 2006 somewhere at No Way Out, and a couple of other Royal Rumble winners who had to fight for the spot they automatically earned. Different fans may look in a different perspective as how she was actually just a substitute for Lana and not a full entrant. So Ronda Rousey just turned heel which came from outta nowhere, lashing out on Becky Lynch and earlier she even begged for her to be included. We already saw this coming and we even have the same story on the WWE Championship. 

When you choose Brock Lesnar for WM35, you get a Shield reunion. Not saying it's a bad thing, although this happened so many times which is annoying, now this kinda makes everyone forget there's even a Universal title on RAW and a Royal Rumble winner who's Seth Rollins when we're still on the Road to WrestleMania. I'm guessing Roman Reigns will remain undefeated at Fastlane lol. The internet is now exploding with questions on whether Dean will be leaving or not. This whole time I've been on the side for "it's a work."

• Like 2

I mean the Shield has always been better together. Putting them together was both a gift and a curse as they are forever tied. But WWE missed the boat. They could have easily never let them reunite and instead have had them maybe do run in's every now and again, or interfere with a match here or there or even maybe unite for a specific point in a match that would call for it, like all of them being in an Elimination Chamber or something. I would have kept them separated for years until a specific situation called for it but it would have to be a major situation (not the Miz and the Bar) but something crazy, like some new team running rampant (Sanity would have been perfect) or a major old team getting together (Wyatts). 

But money doesn't allow that. Merch and viewership are too good when they're together and WWE has always been about profit first. 

• Like 1

Huh, I guess I'm the odd man out here because I have zero problems with the booking for the top storylines right now.  Wrestlemania is usually the ultimate "feel-good" show, and the best way to close it is having hero Becky winning the title over a champion who has snapped and turned into a vicious "fighter" instead of a wrestler and her arch-rival who worms her way into everything.  I've already explained why I think Charlotte should be there and everything seems to be going along fine.

As for the Shield, not much they can do differently.  Who knew Roman would be back this fast and Dean's heel turn has been a complete debacle.  On top of that, no one really knows if he's gone or not (for the record I still think it's a work) and Seth's already got his match.  If anything, team up Roman and Dean and give 'em a short tag-title run.  I know it's not the sexiest idea ever (and I'm pretty sure it has literally already been done) but, considering the situation, it makes sense.  All three Shield members with a belt at WM... because again... "feel-good".

Daniel Bryan and KO.  That's been the plan all along.  Kofi's rise wasn't planned and they're trying to roll with it.  I'm sure it'll end up being a triple threat and no matter who wins (hope hope for Kofi), the match will be a show stealer.

And HHH/Batista, I'd imagine by the time it's happening, they'll have some kind of stipulation to make it more of a fight than a match.  HHH's promo last night was awesome and I hope they carry his kayfabe-breaking intensity against Dave's diva mentality all the way to the end.

Hopefully they won't mess with Brock Rollins and the rest of the show is what it is.  Honestly, no problems here.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

They botched the Shield reunion in my opinion. 

The Fastlane match will either bury Drew and Lashley (Baron is lousy so no probs there) or ruin whats left of the Shield's nostalgia. They should have let Dean 'quit', make up with Roman out of ring (some social media, some backstage, some Renee mentions). Then at mania during the end of Brock/Seth match, have them come out (either distract Brock or after Seth wins clean) and reunite by destroying Brock and putting him through a table.

Vince rushed Reigns back because he has ran the RAW product into the ground and he's desperate.

Despite their promises, WWE has broken or messed up most of their promises: universal title is still a unicorn (I believe it exists, but I haven't seen it enough to be sure),  elevating new talents was a bust (Nikki Cross, Sanity, EC3, that fashionable blonde who randomly test out the entrance ramp's sturdiness), properly elevating and displaying talent (if you plan to quit and go to a different promotion) and no rematch clauses (unless you are Shane...).

As always, Smackdown was pretty good. I'm so happy that Samoa Joe has finally some gold on his shoulders (even though we all know midcard titles are pretty much consolation prizes...) and even though he is far from the being in the position he should be, at least he will probably have a little wrestlemania moment since he is probably going to walk in and out of Wrestlemania as US Champion.

Now on a completely different subject, it really sucks that Ciampa is injured and will need a lot of time off to heal his neck. He supposedly have the same problem that ended Edge's career and once again, the injury is happening at the worst time possible for Ciampa, 1st was when he first betrayed Johnny Gargano and now it's when he is NXT champion just before the NXT Takeover of the Wrestlemania weekend... I sincerely hope he recovers quickly and well. 

It's really unfortunate for him but also for the NXT brand as a whole because he will probably need to relinquish the title and it leaves only one month for Triple H and his booker to do some adjustment for the next Takeover show.

• Like 2

I have to admit that I was enjoying R-Truth's run and his Cena's my hero ("I see John Cena all the time") gimmick. He even made the Lacey Evans stuff tolerable ("Come back Miss sexy gloves" got me good). That being said, Joe was way overdue and if they don't mess it up, Joe will put prestige back on it.  I doubt it will make mania though since the IC title barely makes the pre-show.

Not liking a face KO (and that is all on me), but still great having him back.

Glad to Ali is back.

The Usos promo was top notch. Seriously not wanting a Miz vs Shane match that rumors say we are getting.

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Now on a completely different subject, it really sucks that Ciampa is injured and will need a lot of time off to heal his neck. 

As for Ciampa, I hope it is not as bad as Edge's issues. Edge was a high level main eventer at the time with a lengthy career so he had lots a resources available to him. Edge could do some acting, WWE cameos and promos, back office stuff, and had higher end WWE paychecks which helped because WWE makes wrestlers contractors so they don't have to provide health insurance and the wrestlers have to pay their own way (which is why I support them doing movies and crappy reality shows for extra cash).

I don't think Ciampa really has that (I think Vince would lowball anyone in NXT) and he wouldn't have much back office value yet.  I hope can recover from his injury and make a comeback.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:06 AM, Jesaya815 said:

Yeah, this whole story with Becky, Ronda, and Charlotte doesn't make much sense anymore. Lynch was suspended. Now all of a sudden it's best for business to reinstate her and even let her wrestle, although she's still "injured". Ronda's heel turn is kinda pointless too, since Charlotte is a heel and will be in the match at WrestleMania. Becky on the other hand, has to fight for her spot yet again. Apparently, winning the Royal Rumble Match doesn't mean anything. Who knows, maybe Flair wins the title from Ronda and Becky is just there to please the fans.

Yup they took something that was working but have no clue how to build to a fight (also having 3 or 4 ppvs to build to before Mania didn't help) so they are just throwing everything at the wall and making it "dramatic" 

It is so overblown that it went from compelling to "can this just be over with already" 

• Like 1

Happy for Samoa Joe winning the US title. He's been stuck ans struggling getting a title and he finally has one. Nothing much more to say, but the beating Becky Lynch received from RAW was then pointless when she appeared on SmackDown. The beating was brutal enough to have her arms or arm on a cast, considering just 24 hours after the incident. It's best if the injury angle is just dropped. We saw her selling it a few times, but then sometimes she doesn't sell at all. 

I do hope we get something like a 6-man ladder match for the US title at WM, I mean, lately we've only been seeing IC title ladder matches (WM32, WM31, Greatest Royal Rumble, etc). The AJ Styles/Randy Orton feud is getting bitter! That savage roast from outta nowhere made headlines. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ee28max said:

Nothing much more to say, but the beating Becky Lynch received from RAW was then pointless when she appeared on SmackDown. The beating was brutal enough to have her arms or arm on a cast, considering just 24 hours after the incident. It's best if the injury angle is just dropped. We saw her selling it a few times, but then sometimes she doesn't sell at all. 

This is kind of mine (and a lot of people's) feeling on it

2019-03-08-hold-harmless.jpg

Like seriously just knock it off already. I was excited about the first female main event as I have liked Becky since basically the beginning and I hate Rousey so seeing Becky beat her would have been a great main event. 

Then they decided to go into booking overdrive starting with Becky losing at the Rumble and then sneaking into the Rumble to backdoor herself into the main event...ever since then it has been full of twists that would make Russo giddy with glee. They could have easily just had the story be "I think I am the best, you think you are the best...let us settle this on the biggest stage of them all" and then built the story from there.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Fastlane Predictions:

Kickoff - Andrade vs Rey Mysterio
Winner: Rey Mysterio

I could watch Andrade and Mysterio fight all day and it wouldn't get boring. Almas is one of the best competitors on the roster. Rey is a legend and future hall of famer. The man can still wrestle like it's 1997 and I tend to appreciate him more now than I ever have. No matter who wins, their feud will probably continue in some way.

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Match - Bayley & Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax & Tamina
Winners: Bayley & Sasha Banks

I'm fine with the match, as long as Nia & Tamina don't win the belts and stay away from the title picture after Fastlane. The Boss 'n' Hug Connection deserves a big program for WrestleMania. Maybe against Trish & Lita?! We shall see.

WWE Smackdown Women's Championship Match - Asuka vs Mandy Rose
Winner: Asuka

The way WWE is treating Asuka is downright criminal. After her outstanding match with Becky at the Royal Rumble, Asuka disappeared for a month due to the lack of creativity. She returned on February 19, only to lose to Mandy freakin' Rose and that was the whole build up. Seriously, what the fuck? They might as well give Mandy the championship at this point. I would prefer Lacey Evans, but she didn't even have a match on RAW or Smackdown yet.

WWE RAW Tag Team Championship - Triple Threat Match - The Revival vs Aleister Black & Ricochet vs Bobby Roode & Chad Gable
Winners: The Revival

So, Roode & Gable interfered in - what could have been - a great match and were rewarded with another title shot. Prior to that, Heavy Machinery defeated three other teams on RAW and got nothing for it. Oh well, I guess The Glorious Ones were just added to take the pin anyway.

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match - The Usos vs Shane McMahon & The Miz
Winners: The Usos

This will most likely be the last time we see the team of Miz & Mac. I don't really care which one of them is going to turn. All I hope is that Mizanin comes out on top when their rivalry culminates in a match at WrestleMania.

The Shield vs Baron Corbin, Bobby Lashley & Drew McIntyre
Winners: The Shield

Pretty easy pick. Corbin, Lashley, and McIntyre have no chance in hell to beat Reigns, Rollins, and Ambrose. That's about it.

WWE Championship Match - Daniel Bryan vs Kevin Owens
Winner: Daniel Bryan

I'm happy Kevin Owens is back, but I also feel sorry for him. The fans were rooting for Kofi to challenge Daniel Bryan and win the belt. Looks like we have to wait one more month for that. No doubt Kingston will have his moment at "KofiMania". As far as Owens is concerned - wrong time, wrong place. Otherwise, he could have been the one to dethrone Bryan.

Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair
Winner: Becky Lynch

They booked themselves into a corner with the scheduled stipulation. Becky needs to win, since the Royal Rumble victory doesn't count anymore for whatever reason. The thing is, Charlotte lost every PPV match since Super Show-Down in October. With that in mind, Flair could either win on Sunday and Lynch has to find another way into the main event at WrestleMania. Or Charlotte simply wins at the grandest stage of them all. It's safe to say that we are going to get a triple threat match, but in my opinion, the outcome isn't set in stone anymore.

• Like 2

Joe could easily elevate the U.S title above the universal title, especially if they keep booking him against opponents like Almas.  It's wonderful having a secondary title actually feel important again.

And that triple threat title match is easily an early contender for match of the year.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Vince-McMahon-evil-laugh.png

"Goddammit you SJWs wanted a female Main Event at Mania....well I am going to overbook it so much that you will be begging me to put Roman back in the main event." 

Seriously, they do this every year. I truly believe Vince can't book a Mania anymore because every year he overbooks everything and in the end nothing feels special. Hell, I am not even one that blames Roman, I blame this man for fucking up a sure-fire main eventer. 

I mean hate on him if you want, but Reigns could have been a bonafide main eventer if they had just dialed back on the bullshit booking and just let him grow organically. But they over script everything to the point no one fucking cares anymore.

WWE always wanted to "make movies" but movies have editors that take the script and finished product and work it so it makes sense. 

• Like 1

Overall, Fastlane was pretty good. The crowd was really on fire and made some of the matches more exciting. The WWE Championship Match was about the only one where the fans kinda sucked. They didn't give Ali, Owens, and Bryan a chance to entertain them. All they cared for was Kofi (understandably so, but still a bit unfair).

Shane's heel turn was perfectly executed. It worked in Cleveland, but let's wait and see how the fans will react to him and The Miz elsewhere. The Tag match itself was great too. Usos vs Hardyz next please.

Samoa Joe's reign as the United States Champion is already better than Rusev's and Nakamura's. I like the way Joe handles things. He's a heel, yet he doesn't fear competition and willingly puts his title on the line, even if the deck is stacked against him in a Fatal 4-Way. I just hope his reign doesn't end with a squash by John Cena at WrestleMania.

Not much to say about the rest. I have no interest in a Nia/Tamina vs Nattie/Beth match. Becky vs Charlotte was meh and the main event was okay. Oh yeah, EC with his first promo…that was creepy.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the Smackdown and RAW Tag Team title matchs and the United States Fatal-4-Way. The rest was decent but I skipped the main event since I f*cking hate The Shield.

A decent/good show overall but WWE is making it very hard for me to care about wrestlemania at the moment and unless a miracle happens, it's not going to change. Their booking ruined Becky vs Ronda vs Charlotte to the point where I (almost) don't care about it anymore and there isn't any match I'm looking forward to besides Batista vs Triple H and Randy Orton vs AJ Styles. At least I'll be able to enjoy the NXT Takeover the night before Wrestlemania ...

• Like 2