The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Smackdown was alright but not really awesome either until the main event. Samoa Joe destroyed everyone on the mic I had a good laugh but the elimination chamber announcement was truly awesome. All of these superstars are top superstars besides Ali so I can't wait to see the match. 
Daniel Bryan just got Rowan with him and just introduced his new belt so I don't think he'll lose but I certainly wouldn't mind if Orton, Joe or Styles leave EC as the new WWE Champion.

Concerning Hideo Itami I don't think everyone is to blame for once. WWE did try to push him in NXT but he kept getting injured again and again and again in a really short period of time and while not being able to bring the entertainment outside of the ring. Maybe he'll have a better career in the indies where the focus is more on the wrestling than the entertainment.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, rikwebb said:

Hideo Itami has also asked for his release from WWE

Well that is not shocking.

Here is a poll: Who had a least impressive run Sin Cara or Itami? 

Both names came in with tons of hype as being SUPER over international stars and both were plague with injuries, stop and start pushes and just complete let down.

I personally feel KENTA could have been the bigger difference maker as he figured out the NA style faster than Sin Cara but his pushes just kept getting derailed.

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Both names came in with tons of hype as being SUPER over international stars and both were plague with injuries, stop and start pushes and just complete let down.

I personally feel KENTA could have been the bigger difference maker as he figured out the NA style faster than Sin Cara but his pushes just kept getting derailed.

If we're talking least impressive, Sin Cara's constant botches puts him over the edge for me.  If we're talking wasted potential, I guess Kenta, thing is, he was never going to make it in the WWE.  He's just not the kind of guy the casual fanbase gets behind... you know, the fans who were yelling "he stole Punk's move!"

20 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Sin Cara, by a wide margin. He was supposed to be the next Rey. However, when he wasn't injured, he was botching & when he wasn't botching, he was kinda dull. Unlike much of the WWE talent, WWE and fans (kinda) went all in for Sin Cara on day one and he couldn't pull it together.

Itami's situation was sorta everyone's fault (especially fans that have evidently never seen two wrestlers use the same move before...EVER).

On 1/30/2019 at 9:12 AM, itachi-destroyer said:

Smackdown was alright but not really awesome either until the main event.

Becky and Charlotte started it off pretty hot.

The Truth/Nakamura thing looked all kinds of botched up but I guess it is what they planned (I think it was botched). Still, I like that Truth got the title and I'm happy for him. I also like that they fixed the Mandy/Naomi feud (now it feels legit instead of being some nonsense).

I still notice that, even in a tag tournament, Sanity can get a d--- invite.

Joe+Mic=Perfection. I hope he wins EC or they do a four way at mania (joe/aj/ali/bryan) and he wins there. I wanted Almas (never using the other name) instead of Hardy, but everyone else is excellent.

• Like 1

Glad they cleared up that Mandy Rose/Naomi feud. Now that's a long term feud. It all looked nonsense at first including a married man and such. Only weird thing is how they had qualifying matches on RAW for the Women's Tag Team Championship, but Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose just got in automatically. I'm guessing the next teams are The IIconics and maybe a surprise. 

Samoa Joe buried everyone on the mic and you could see Randy Orton's reaction lol. Same as how he reacted when Batista roasted Triple H during the SmackDown 1000 episode. Great EC match coming up. Hoping there'll be a multi-man match at WM35 as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Well, it happened AGAIN!!  Honestly, how many time can you be forgiven because of your last name.  So far, we're apparently up to 10.

Maybe that was why Jeff Jarrett was brought in. To show her how to throw a damn working punch. Can we get Lawler back as well to show this to her.

7 hours ago, Baranov_925 said:

can somebody tell me why jack swagger is in bellator?. is he another crap wrestler that cant do anything special for cash?

Very accomplished collegiate wrestler (which is arguably the best base to bring into an MMA career) who never really got over as a WWE superstar.  He already has a fan base who'll watch him fight and after the Punk debacle probably wants to start smaller and work up.  I'm sure he'll earn a respectable income in MMA so why wouldn't he?

10 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Very accomplished collegiate wrestler (which is arguably the best base to bring into an MMA career) who never really got over as a WWE superstar.  He already has a fan base who'll watch him fight and after the Punk debacle probably wants to start smaller and work up.  I'm sure he'll earn a respectable income in MMA so why wouldn't he?

it is often the case that someone is changing sport, in this second sport he is not doing well.... and cm punk is a good example

looks like I'm late on the news

So Dean Ambrose and a few other wrestler might be leaving. Can't say that I blame them consider how many wrestlers hit the glass ceiling. I still like Dean, so whatever he decides to do, I'll support him. (work or not)

As far as AEW is concern, I hope they do well as a company but I do worry they may end up like GFW or dare i say, WCW.

There a book called "The Death of WCW" (its a fun insightful book, if you want to read it) and there is one quote that sticks with me

"When the business is hot, you can do no wrong. When the business is cold, you can do no right."

This quote rings true, considering with whats going on.

• Like 2

Well... um...

If Dean Ambrose wasn't leaving before he's definitely leaving now. They just had him lose to an NXT guy. ? (although admittedly he deserved that for what he did to Seth Rollins)

Seriously though... if Ambrose thinks AEW will be any different and will be a legitimate competitor for WWE. Well... all I have to say to that is... ROTFLMFAO. NO.

I'll relish LMFAO when AEW crumbles in a short amount of time and everyone that runs there BEGS to come back to WWE. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Well... um...

If Dean Ambrose wasn't leaving before he's definitely leaving now. They just had him lose to an NXT guy. 1f60f.png (although admittedly he deserved that for what he did to Seth Rollins)

Seriously though... if Ambrose thinks AEW will be any different and will be a legitimate competitor for WWE. Well... all I have to say to that is... ROTFLMFAO. NO.

I'll relish LMFAO when AEW crumbles in a short amount of time and everyone that runs there BEGS to come back to WWE. 1f602.png

I'm still 100% convinced Dean's leaving is a work and he's being "buried" instead of buried.  Everything about it feels too fishy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Well... um...

If Dean Ambrose wasn't leaving before he's definitely leaving now. They just had him lose to an NXT guy. 1f60f.png (although admittedly he deserved that for what he did to Seth Rollins)

I'll relish LMFAO when AEW crumbles in a short amount of time and everyone that runs there BEGS to come back to WWE. 1f602.png

If I remember correctly, Dean Ambrose said a while back that he was in the twilight of his career anyway and does not expect for it to go on that much longer, probably a few years tops. You have to be aware that this guy is in his mid 30s, and is in the game for around 15 years now. He used to do some of the most fucked up kinds of death matches and other shit that made old ECW look like childs play, that takes a huge toll on the body.

As far as AEW goes, they have people backing them, rich people, one of them richer than Vince McMahon, they can keep things up for a long time if they want it. There is a reason the WWE is shitting themselves, they never made that big of a fuss about TNA or other promotions. AEW has any chance to be a competitor for years to come, most likely not take the throne, but they have everything they need to be a thorn in WWEs side. Deans imminent depature could be a work, but I kinda doubt it because it would be a stupid move to pull right now. With AEW being on the horizon and many people announcing their plans to go there, it is free promotion for them because of course the first question anyone asks is where Dean will go, and since AEW comes up often in those conversations that means the promotion gets even more credibility.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Well... um...

I think everyone has already made their thoughts known

I would suggest reading up Howard Moskowitz and his involvement with Prego sauce. 

I'll give you a quick synopsis.

In 1986, He was hired by Campbell soup company to help them make the best pasta sauce, as Ragu was the top pasta sauce. Nevermind that Prego was healthier, Ragu was just the bigger and drew more customers to them. Earlier, Howard was hired to help make the perfect pepsi cola, but to his discovery, he found out there was no perfect Pepsi soda, only perfect Pepsi sodas. back to prego, he whipped up 45 different sauces for people to try out (sauces with galic, spicy sauces, sweeter sauces, Thick/Thin sauces, etc) and then tested it on people and have them rate them. With a bunch of data at hand, he looked not for the perfect pasta sauce, but the perfect pasta sauces. As a result, he saw that some people like the sauces plain, some people like them spicy and some like them chunky. The chunky sauce was interesting, because neither Prego nor Ragu even thought to provide it. Customers didnt asked for it, because they hadn't even considered even wanting it. 1/3 of people wanted something no one was providing. Prego provide chunky sauce and they received an almost instant boom. Ragu then panicked and then decide to make more different sauces of their own. Next time you enter in the supermarket, go to the spaghetti isle and check what kinds of pasta sauce you find. Most likely, it will be a mutlitude of different sauce, because as Howard Moskowitz discovered, there is not perfect pasta sauce, but perfect pasta sauces.

You can apply this to video games as well, but i think this can definitely apply to wrestling. WWE is Ragu and there have been other promotions as well, but WWE has been the "top sauce" if you will. There have been some that tried to copy the winning sauce (ie. TNA/Impact Wrestling, Global Force Wreslting), but WWE was still successful. Still, there had been other wrestling promtions that were being made or rather gaining popularity. ROH, NJPW, Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide, Pro Wreslting Noah, All Star Wrestling, Insane Championship Wrestling, International Pro Wrestling, and so much more.  

Now I won't say that AEW will be a success. That remains to be seen (Lest we forget WCW). But given the circumstance how there are more wrestling companies and more fans hungry for entertainment, it seems like AEW is Extra chunky sauce.

A month ago:

Vince: You are the WWE Universe, and we want to give you what you want!

Last nights Raw:

Vince: Screw your desires, you're getting Charlotte vs Ronda Rousey.

Honestly, I think its just part of a storyline. But man, way to change your tune so quickly

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 2

RAW has been terrible for months and even after their apology speech it's still terrible, I knew they were full of shit. So great we are most likely going to have a triple threat because of this fucking old man, I wish he would die already.

On the other hand, Smackdown is quite good and with Ali reportedly not going to be able to compete at EC there is one spot left and if Rey Mysterio or Andrade takes Ali's place then the match will be even better. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

RAW has been terrible for months and even after their apology speech it's still terrible, I knew they were full of shit. So great we are most likely going to have a triple threat because of this fucking old man, I wish he would die already.

It's been pretty common knowledge that the plan has been Ronda / Becky / Charlotte at WM for quite a while.  The real problem is that the McMahons can't seem to let a top storyline grow organically like Charlotte and Becky's did over the past couple/few months, they HAVE to insert themselves and turn into the tired and cliche "underdog vs. the evil authority" nonsense they've been doing since the '90's.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

It's been pretty common knowledge that the plan has been Ronda / Becky / Charlotte at WM for quite a while.  The real problem is that the McMahons can't seem to let a top storyline grow organically like Charlotte and Becky's did over the past couple/few months, they HAVE to insert themselves and turn into the tired and cliche "underdog vs. the evil authority" nonsense they've been doing since the '90's.

I know since I was the one who suggested that it might happen even before wrestling news site talked about it but it doesn't make the idea any better imo. If it was not the first time Women were going to main event Wrestlemania (Yes it's not confirmed but it's so damn obvious) it would have been ok to have a triple threat but a first time would have been more memorable if it stayed a 1 on 1 as far as I'm concerned. There is also the fact that neither rivalries is going to end at Wrestlemania with a triple threat.

And yes the McMahons inserting themselves is ridiculous and I'm sure everyone is tired of the same story repeating again and again but they don't seem to give a damn about being unable to deliver a good storyline anyway.

• Like 2

Of course The Revivals won the RAW Tag Team Championships so they won't leave for AEW. Like it isn't obvious. They're probably gonna drop them at WrestleMania to Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins. Some writers are just high. 

Already knew Charlotte Flair was gonna be added in the match. Thinking about Asuka not having a challenger for Elimination Chamber, and Charlotte was the only one who wasn't involved in the women's tag team match, she was obviously going to be added. Now just waiting for another one of those underdog turn ups stuff. 

That Dean Ambrose lowkey support to Seth Rollins could be teasing something coming up. Since Brock Lesnar had to lose the title to Roman Reigns at SummerSlam 2018 due to a "distraction" and hitting himself with the chair (stupidest way to lose ever, especially as a beast like Brock Lesnar), I don't think Vince will be capable of letting Seth Rollins beat Brock by himself. If Dean will leave after WrestleMania they might have him be a help in the victory and maybe Roman Reigns will appear to congratulate Seth Rollins as he spins and swings the title around his head. This leading to the fact that Seth Rollins to be the only Shield member to have beaten Brock at WM and only Dean Ambrose to never have beaten Brock Lesnar in his career, leading to another break up with a reason of "The Shield makes me weak" (when in actual fact it's the booking) because Vince is a mad old man. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I know since I was the one who suggested that it might happen even before wrestling news site talked about it but it doesn't make the idea any better imo. If it was not the first time Women were going to main event Wrestlemania (Yes it's not confirmed but it's so damn obvious) it would have been ok to have a triple threat but a first time would have been more memorable if it stayed a 1 on 1 as far as I'm concerned. There is also the fact that neither rivalries is going to end at Wrestlemania with a triple threat.

And yes the McMahons inserting themselves is ridiculous and I'm sure everyone is tired of the same story repeating again and again but they don't seem to give a damn about being unable to deliver a good storyline anyway.

Gotta disagree.  All 3 of the women deserve the honor.  Despite the "Charlotte fatigue" that's (deservedly) set in, she's carried the division for years and is in the conversation for the greatest female in WWE history, Becky has taken a simple heel turn and used it to become the top star in the company, and even Ronda, for the star power she brings and rocket speed she developed.  The women even dragged a couple of good matches out of Nia Jax!  So, less of a moment?  Maybe, but excluding one of those three from that moment would be worse.

• Like 1

Triple Threats are almost never as great as well build up 1on1 matches. I can maybe think of 2 of these matches being as good as some of the greatest single matches on Wrestlemania, that is just their nature. The victories also tend to mean much less and one of the three is always below the others. In this case, a clear winner was needed so that one side had the edge going into the whole wwe horsewomen vs mma horsewomen angle they are clearly aiming for later. It also does not help that Becky is so red hot and over at the moment that Charlotte is actually downgrading the match with her inclusion, or that Charlotte already had a singles match against Ronda and countless against Becky so she is not adding anything new to the table, just distracting people from the hyped new match up.

The WWE wants Charlotte to be the female Ric Flair, but at this rate all they create is the female John Cena, but with much less star power. They shoehorn her into absolutely everything. Nothing of note for the women, no single milestone of this so called evolution, can happen without Charlotte getting her mug placed front and center. Fans realized this by now, that is why Beckys promo on how Charlotte just comes along and gets shoved into everything regardless of how over her character is or how she has done lately had been received with so many cheers, and that is part of the reason people wouldn't boo Becky. Fans turn on wrestlers who get shoehorned into everything, they get bored by them and at some point they get the feeling that wwe management wants to order them who to cheer as the top guy, happened many times in the past, never seemed to be a great idea.

What Charlotte deserves is a time out from the main event slot for a while. Her record of winning almost every single ppv she ever attended means she can survive spending one Wrestlemania in a competetive and well build singles match against a newer talent. Not to mention that she got to be the one to kill Asukas winning streak, so putting her into that revenge match could have been a match that sells itself. Instead they now compromised the most anticipated match of the year so far, and they left Asuka with no opponent so they have to do some half arsed Smackdown Womens title match build up before Wrestlemania now. And I am even ignoring the fact that Charlotte is chosen as a replacement for the RAW womens title match despite being on Smackdown, that implies no one on raw is deserving to challenge for the title, and that Charlotte obviously does not give much a crap about her own brands title. i know logic is often not there in the storylines and booking, but come on, you might as well throw the brands back together if you do stuff like that.

• Like 3

They are starting this story between Corporate Charlotte and Becky too early for it to be final. Something is going to happen. Lynch could crash Ric Flair's Birthday celebration, challenge his daughter for the spot at WrestleMania, and beat her at Fastlane. With that, Becky vs Ronda would take place and Charlotte could still become Asuka's opponent.

If Vince really wants to have this Triple Threat Match though, then at least make it a Triple Threat Elimination Match. Charlotte gets pinned first and we have Becky vs Ronda.

• Like 4

Really liked Smackdown. Awesome performance by Kofi Kingston and a really good match overall. I knew Randy would come from behind but I wish he didn't because I really really REALLY want to see Orton vs Styles :P Maybe they are just waiting to put them both in a feud, AJ Styles faced every top superstar on Smackdown besides Orton so if they want to do it they should do it before the superstar shake-up.

Elimination Chamber is going to be great even though I don't expect any major title change.

• Like 3