The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

Ciampa loses his match with Lashley. Miz randomly turns on Ciampa. Gargano makes the save. Ciampa and Gargano are back as a tag team. 

I'd personally hate it. Both are older guys but out of the two Ciampa has far more potential and Gargano would just drag him down. It'd also throw away Ciampa's work of the last couple of years which was the Sports Entertainer gimmick (before Jericho decided to do it). Which after Ciampa reminded me of in his latest internet promo... actually made sense of the Miz pairing. If you want to be the greatest Sports Entertainer of all time then who are you going to want to learn from? The Miz. It'd have been great if you know, instead of having Ciampa randomly attack people for the Miz and be a mute, they had him communicate it to the people that The Miz is his hero for being the ultimate Sports Entertainer. Which I'm sure was going to happen at some point, but Vince ripped up the script and then it never happened. 

I don't have as big an issue with his wife, Candice, because Indi at the moment really needs someone to help her out. Indi is currently unsure of herself, needs someone to teach her to use her size and not try to be like other women, and also just to have someone to bounce off as Indi by herself struggles. I'm totally against attaching Theory to them though. Guy can be a future big time player and needs to be built up, not waste time being a goof in a weak stable.

As for the tag team tournament. I'd like it if HHH could make them actually mean something. Rather than just having 8 teams or even worse 4, have at least 16. For example the below 16 would work.

Face

Sasha & Naomi

Liv & Bianca

Candice & Indi

Alexa & Asuka

Chance & Carter

Tatum & Ivy

Lash & Nikkita

Roxanne & Raquel

Heel

Fire & Desire

Toxic Attraction

Control

Ronda & Shayna

Natalya & Tamina

Charlotte & Lacy/Rhea 

Shotzi & Xia Li

Nikki & Doudrop

If a tournament is bigger and you have big names wanting to be a part of it and win the titles then you increase the prestige of the whole thing instantly. It also allows you to see match ups you normally would not see and also of course allow you to carry on feuds by for example having Liv & Bianca vs Control/Ronda & Shayna. The NXT women also would be good to have out there as you tell people who don't watch NXT 2.0 that these women exist.

I'd like to see the women's tag titles defended once a week. Rotate between Raw one week, SD the next, NXT the next. Have all teams across all 3 brands. I guess we would eliminate NXT Tag titles but there would he a decent women's tag div with all teams involved. 

I'm hoping Gargano doesnt spoil Ciampa vs Lashley tonight. Unless Ciampa wins and then Gargano music hits? I also think Candice has settled on mom life.

Theory has room to grow. Also depending on timing, idk if i want him to win his cash in. Maybe post Mania 39, yes. Otherwise no. I am curious where Cody ends up now with HHH in charge. Are they on good terms? is HHH a Cody guy? i didnt really look into that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I'd like to see the women's tag titles defended once a week. Rotate between Raw one week, SD the next, NXT the next. Have all teams across all 3 brands. I guess we would eliminate NXT Tag titles but there would he a decent women's tag div with all teams involved. 

I'm hoping Gargano doesnt spoil Ciampa vs Lashley tonight. Unless Ciampa wins and then Gargano music hits? I also think Candice has settled on mom life.

Theory has room to grow. Also depending on timing, idk if i want him to win his cash in. Maybe post Mania 39, yes. Otherwise no. I am curious where Cody ends up now with HHH in charge. Are they on good terms? is HHH a Cody guy? i didnt really look into that.

While the tag champs should be able to go down to NXT for a match, I think NXT needs its own titles as NXT 2.0 gives their women a lot of time so best to keep those titles around for them. Also for a division to be long term good you need it to have at least 2 matches on each show, which is a problem when you remember they need to fix the men's tag titles too. The solution that'd make the most sense to me would be to have each set of tag belts exclusive to a brand, so each tag division gets at least 2 matches on each of their respective shows.

I agree. I've not heard of that but it wouldn't surprise me. A manager role for Indi would work too I guess.

HHH was the guy who put forward that Cody would never be a main eventer hence why Cody always took his shots at HHH instead of Vince. You have to imagine that HHH knows that it ain't personal and it was just Cody playing the game, but it ain't impossible for him to decide to be petty about it. Dusty being respected by HHH should help that not be the case I'd think. HHH has also to me shown himself in the past to really care about optics and looking like a good guy and Cody getting buried would make him look bad. It'd be bad for business too as it'd be harder to get AEW guys if he buries Cody for doing some jabs at him. Much of AEW's rosters have taken shots at WWE lets not forget.

31 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

While the tag champs should be able to go down to NXT for a match, I think NXT needs its own titles as NXT 2.0 gives their women a lot of time so best to keep those titles around for them. Also for a division to be long term good you need it to have at least 2 matches on each show, which is a problem when you remember they need to fix the men's tag titles too. The solution that'd make the most sense to me would be to have each set of tag belts exclusive to a brand, so each tag division gets at least 2 matches on each of their respective shows.

I agree. I've not heard of that but it wouldn't surprise me. A manager role for Indi would work too I guess.

HHH was the guy who put forward that Cody would never be a main eventer hence why Cody always took his shots at HHH instead of Vince. You have to imagine that HHH knows that it ain't personal and it was just Cody playing the game, but it ain't impossible for him to decide to be petty about it. Dusty being respected by HHH should help that not be the case I'd think. HHH has also to me shown himself in the past to really care about optics and looking like a good guy and Cody getting buried would make him look bad. It'd be bad for business too as it'd be harder to get AEW guys if he buries Cody for doing some jabs at him. Much of AEW's rosters have taken shots at WWE lets not forget.

Yeah itll be interesting to see. At least now they reference former nxt champion instead of acting like it never existed when Keith Lee got called up lol.

Apparently Miro/Rusev wants to return to WWE. Feels he was treated better. Probably but he has had a fair share of injuries

4 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah itll be interesting to see. At least now they reference former nxt champion instead of acting like it never existed when Keith Lee got called up lol.

Apparently Miro/Rusev wants to return to WWE. Feels he was treated better. Probably but he has had a fair share of injuries

WWE avoiding bringing up NXT was always very silly yeah. Got better when NXT 2.0 came about but can be even better now.

I wouldn't be surprised at that, with the same going for a large number of other people. Miro was put in low card comedy stuff when he came in, actually got an alright run with the TNT belt, then disappeared into the void. He was injured yes, but he was kept back for months after getting healthy as they had no room for him on their shows due to their bloated roster. Andrade is beaten like a rug and was made the leader of a jobber stable because Matt Hardy got sick of leading it. They bought in Rush I'm sure to appease him but everyone knows that'll go nowhere and Rush randomly out of nowhere has already been choked out by Moxley. Matt and Jeff have both had AEW show no care for them at all (though a plus for Jeff I'm sure as he hated WWE trying to help him). FTR are being given a lot of belts (of other companies) to appease them currently, but even now they're rarely on TV and are jobbed out often when they are (just in singles matches now though at least), and everyone knows that backstage the Bucks and all their friends are trying to sabotage FTR (ain't it interesting that instead of jobbing to FTR as the Bucks should have, they drop the titles to a different team and then turn babyface to further help avoid FTR). Athena went to AEW no doubt hoping to be a bit higher up the card, but is just a body for Jade to destroy (as she should be, but I doubt it makes her happy) and then she'll no doubt vanish into the Dark void like so many other women do. Ruby "escaped" WWE as she put it to go to AEW where she might be treated above a jobber. Jobs constantly and has less time than she had in WWE and that is even if you include Dark. The rest are neutral in how they've been treated, with the exceptions of Jericho and Moxley who I'm sure love AEW as they're finally allowed to do all the stuff WWE wouldn't let them do (for good reason).

Not that I'm saying men shouldn't go to AEW if they want to bet on themselves, but the idea from the AEW marks that "they'll be treated better in AEW" even when Vince was running WWE, is way off due to there being way more misses than hits. Women on the other hand would be crazy to leave WWE to go to AEW.

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

There wouldn't have been an AEW in the first place if it wasn't for Vince being a senile old man. Now that he's gone and HHH is bringing the innovation in creative in, it seems a lot of people want to come back, Karion Kross being just the 1st. 

The ones who took time off/took Indy bookings rather than signing with AEW were smart/lucky. The ones who signed up to AEW... Khan was signing them to at least 5 year contracts, but I've heard Cole's was even bigger at 7 years (very thankful for this). Some are going to be regretting signing with AEW I'd imagine, especially the women.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

WWE avoiding bringing up NXT was always very silly yeah. Got better when NXT 2.0 came about but can be even better now.

I wouldn't be surprised at that, with the same going for a large number of other people. Miro was put in low card comedy stuff when he came in, actually got an alright run with the TNT belt, then disappeared into the void. He was injured yes, but he was kept back for months after getting healthy as they had no room for him on their shows due to their bloated roster. Andrade is beaten like a rug and was made the leader of a jobber stable because Matt Hardy got sick of leading it. They bought in Rush I'm sure to appease him but everyone knows that'll go nowhere and Rush randomly out of nowhere has already been choked out by Moxley. Matt and Jeff have both had AEW show no care for them at all (though a plus for Jeff I'm sure as he hated WWE trying to help him). FTR are being given a lot of belts (of other companies) to appease them currently, but even now they're rarely on TV and are jobbed out often when they are (just in singles matches now though at least), and everyone knows that backstage the Bucks and all their friends are trying to sabotage FTR (ain't it interesting that instead of jobbing to FTR as the Bucks should have, they drop the titles to a different team and then turn babyface to further help avoid FTR). Athena went to AEW no doubt hoping to be a bit higher up the card, but is just a body for Jade to destroy (as she should be, but I doubt it makes her happy) and then she'll no doubt vanish into the Dark void like so many other women do. Ruby "escaped" WWE as she put it to go to AEW where she might be treated above a jobber. Jobs constantly and has less time than she had in WWE and that is even if you include Dark. The rest are neutral in how they've been treated, with the exceptions of Jericho and Moxley who I'm sure love AEW as they're finally allowed to do all the stuff WWE wouldn't let them do (for good reason).

Not that I'm saying men shouldn't go to AEW if they want to bet on themselves, but the idea from the AEW marks that "they'll be treated better in AEW" even when Vince was running WWE, is way off due to there being way more misses than hits. Women on the other hand would be crazy to leave WWE to go to AEW.

The ones who took time off/took Indy bookings rather than signing with AEW were smart/lucky. The ones who signed up to AEW... Khan was signing them to at least 5 year contracts, but I've heard Cole's was even bigger at 7 years (very thankful for this). Some are going to be regretting signing with AEW I'd imagine, especially the women.

the problem with wrestling in general is too many guys view themselves as the top but thats not always the case. Id like to see both WWE and AEW succeed but perhaps see AEW push more homegrown names, or ones most didnt know of until AEW came around. 

I am excited for Raw however and honestly the Triple H era. i liked Black and Gold NXT and with tv14 happening now, itll be good.

I do hope they let Kevin Owens be like he was as Kevin Steen in ROH. Dude could easily be top heel

10 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Not just Miro. Andrade is hinting that he wants back in as well.

Raw has been okay, womens stuff is good. No Theory.. Assumed Ciampa would win and Gargano shows after but Lashley retained

The Judgment Day thing is cringe. Obviously Dominick turns on Rey and Edge but he's still pretty green so who knows. Ripleys head troubles have her being left out of stuff. Would like to see her and Belair tear the house down like in NXT B&G but Bayley vs Bianca is fresh and exciting.

Womens.tag tournament teams.... Obvs Kai&Sky (not Kaientei ?? hehehe), are going to finals... against i guess Raquel/Aliyah? or Lyons&(who she teaming with again? lol)

Miz vs AJ again.... zzzz

12 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Miz vs AJ again...

That was actually my personal match of the night. Absolutely brutal, in a good way. Miz doesn't get enough credit for his ring work in my opinion. Not the flashiest, but he knows how to be entertaining and carry a match.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

the problem with wrestling in general is too many guys view themselves as the top but thats not always the case. Id like to see both WWE and AEW succeed but perhaps see AEW push more homegrown names, or ones most didnt know of until AEW came around. 

I am excited for Raw however and honestly the Triple H era. i liked Black and Gold NXT and with tv14 happening now, itll be good.

I do hope they let Kevin Owens be like he was as Kevin Steen in ROH. Dude could easily be top heel

You're right, not everyone can or should be world champion. What is going to kill the morale of these guys is going missing from Dynamite for ages and whenever they do turn up, getting beat. Let me put it like this. Kross in his first run that everyone says ruined him completely?

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/killer-kross-11372.html?prom_id=2

Kross lost just 2 matches and had 9 wins. He was booked for 7 straight weeks on RAW. Then the process of him leaving began. How many guys get booked 7 straight weeks on Dynamite? 3 weeks? Not that there is any fix to this for AEW. Increasing the pace of the show and reducing match length like how NXT 2.0 does it would help, but the AEW roster is so comically bloated that even that wouldn't fix the issue.

15 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Raw has been okay, womens stuff is good. No Theory.. Assumed Ciampa would win and Gargano shows after but Lashley retained

The Judgment Day thing is cringe. Obviously Dominick turns on Rey and Edge but he's still pretty green so who knows. Ripleys head troubles have her being left out of stuff. Would like to see her and Belair tear the house down like in NXT B&G but Bayley vs Bianca is fresh and exciting.

Womens.tag tournament teams.... Obvs Kai&Sky (not Kaientei 1f1ef-1f1f5.png hehehe), are going to finals... against i guess Raquel/Aliyah? or Lyons&(who she teaming with again? lol)

Miz vs AJ again.... zzzz

They really pushed the idea that Ciampa would win but then Lashley retained. Not that I'm surprised because HHH would be foolish to waste just how strongly booked Lashley has been for years now. Ciampa looked good in defeat here because Lashley is a beast who is near unbeatable and they had a very nice competitive match. Ciampa I'm sure is happy about the changes. Ciampa when he came up struck me very much as "I'll give it a shot and see if they ruin me or not and if they do then I'll just retire soon after", but now he likely has some belief that they'll do right by him. Tonight the Miz came off as more his manager than Ciampa being Miz's lackey. He got to do a promo, which Ciampa is good at so being almost a mute is stupid. Ciampa also had the grey back in his hair which means management isn't forcing him to dye it like Vince was.

Theory I recall reading had a relative die hence why he wasn't on previously so perhaps why he wasn't on this week too. I'd expect him back soon.

Ripley is interesting to me because with HHH in charge... could we see a Intergender match in WWE again? It'd certainly get some attention. Personally I'm of the mind that Women vs Men matches are usually a no go because most women simply do not have the size, and it also has a trashy sort of feel to it like the deathmatch stuff. Ripley however is no small woman and is believable enough to hang with some of the men. 

I was hoping for 16 teams and not just 8 but I'm at least glad they did include that random NXT team. Nikkita Lyons and Zoey Stark which... makes sense I guess in that they're two top faces in NXT. Good shot of reaching the finals I'd say and Zoey does have a story with Sky as they were tag partners. I'm just disappointed that the world will likely not get a female "The Bar" team of Nikkita and Lash just running over people.

Did you miss the Lumis stuff? After the match ended they paid off the car crash in the background of the Owens promo and the security running around during the Alexa & Asuka promo by showing Lumis getting arrested by security. Yes, RAW had a story happening in the background throughout the show. Side note, I hope they continue the interviews and promos in different locations stuff. It being in different places seems so much... raw. As for Lumis, no idea what they do with him, but likely good news for Indi. Wonder if they bring back her tag team partner too now, she is free to be signed as far as I know and had potential.

All in all... HHH has been doing good thus far. The only complaints I've really seen of the shows he has done has been the camera work which is to do with Dunn.

3 hours ago, Valzentia said:

That was actually my personal match of the night. Absolutely brutal, in a good way. Miz doesn't get enough credit for his ring work in my opinion. Not the flashiest, but he knows how to be entertaining and carry a match.

Miz is like Kane in that while most fans aren't going to rate their ring work, the people they get in the ring with will due to how safe they are.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

You're right, not everyone can or should be world champion. What is going to kill the morale of these guys is going missing from Dynamite for ages and whenever they do turn up, getting beat. Let me put it like this. Kross in his first run that everyone says ruined him completely?

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/killer-kross-11372.html?prom_id=2

Kross lost just 2 matches and had 9 wins. He was booked for 7 straight weeks on RAW. Then the process of him leaving began. How many guys get booked 7 straight weeks on Dynamite? 3 weeks? Not that there is any fix to this for AEW. Increasing the pace of the show and reducing match length like how NXT 2.0 does it would help, but the AEW roster is so comically bloated that even that wouldn't fix the issue.

They really pushed the idea that Ciampa would win but then Lashley retained. Not that I'm surprised because HHH would be foolish to waste just how strongly booked Lashley has been for years now. Ciampa looked good in defeat here because Lashley is a beast who is near unbeatable and they had a very nice competitive match. Ciampa I'm sure is happy about the changes. Ciampa when he came up struck me very much as "I'll give it a shot and see if they ruin me or not and if they do then I'll just retire soon after", but now he likely has some belief that they'll do right by him. Tonight the Miz came off as more his manager than Ciampa being Miz's lackey. He got to do a promo, which Ciampa is good at so being almost a mute is stupid. Ciampa also had the grey back in his hair which means management isn't forcing him to dye it like Vince was.

Theory I recall reading had a relative die hence why he wasn't on previously so perhaps why he wasn't on this week too. I'd expect him back soon.

Ripley is interesting to me because with HHH in charge... could we see a Intergender match in WWE again? It'd certainly get some attention. Personally I'm of the mind that Women vs Men matches are usually a no go because most women simply do not have the size, and it also has a trashy sort of feel to it like the deathmatch stuff. Ripley however is no small woman and is believable enough to hang with some of the men. 

I was hoping for 16 teams and not just 8 but I'm at least glad they did include that random NXT team. Nikkita Lyons and Zoey Stark which... makes sense I guess in that they're two top faces in NXT. Good shot of reaching the finals I'd say and Zoey does have a story with Sky as they were tag partners. I'm just disappointed that the world will likely not get a female "The Bar" team of Nikkita and Lash just running over people.

Did you miss the Lumis stuff? After the match ended they paid off the car crash in the background of the Owens promo and the security running around during the Alexa & Asuka promo by showing Lumis getting arrested by security. Yes, RAW had a story happening in the background throughout the show. Side note, I hope they continue the interviews and promos in different locations stuff. It being in different places seems so much... raw. As for Lumis, no idea what they do with him, but likely good news for Indi. Wonder if they bring back her tag team partner too now, she is free to be signed as far as I know and had potential.

All in all... HHH has been doing good thus far. The only complaints I've really seen of the shows he has done has been the camera work which is to do with Dunn.

Miz is like Kane in that while most fans aren't going to rate their ring work, the people they get in the ring with will due to how safe they are.

i didn't miss the Lumis stuff,  i just dont like his character. But yeah wwe and the camera cuts need to stop. way too many. 4 different shots for one punch lol.

KO using apron powerbomb was good, seems he may be the 2nd heel on Raw behind Seth perhaps. Roman is SD... 

hope ezekial is gone until he grows his beard back and comes in as Elias.

I like Miz, i like AJ, i just find their story weird. Idk why. 

Ripley i expect a huge push since HHH went nuts for her in NXT UK and NXT black and gold. She is better than Bianca imo.

Youre right about Theory.

Also wtf is with Ziggler. just random feuds.. attacks theory. beats Gable. wtf. Where is Roode?

• Like 1

Randomly popped up in my youtube feed..Always liked this promo package but Bray really should have one. Same with his match against Roman in a Cell. 

People can argue Fiend beat Cena at Mania, but that was an odd one. Some people loved it. Also Orton squashing Fiend their entire feud was a pain too

Edited by Infected Elite

17 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Randomly popped up in my youtube feed..Always liked this promo package but Bray really should have one. Same with his match against Roman in a Cell. 

People can argue Fiend beat Cena at Mania, but that was an odd one. Some people loved it. Also Orton squashing Fiend their entire feud was a pain too

Both of Wyatt's feuds with Cena had nice builds, some really good promos from both guys. Both had wrong results however as Cena should have lost the 1st encounter and while Wyatt did win the second, it should have been by destroying Cena and not beating him in essence by magic. Speaking of Wyatt... the word was he had problem with Vince and his boys and left as a result of that. Unless Khan signed him to a long contract secretly and has just been paying him to stay home, something he has already done with Claudio who was signed for months before he turned up, they you'd think there is good odds that HHH gets him back. I wouldn't go with the Fiend stuff though as WWE needs more super heels like a person needs another hole in the head.

NXT 2.0

I really like Kiana James. Bad gimmick? I guess, but even bad gimmicks can work if the performer puts themselves into it. A gimmick, a clear character, is always better than random generic happy to be here/I wrestle good gimmick too. A fun thing is they have Axiom whose deal is Maths. Kiana is a businesswomen and deals in stats. Pairing the two up could be fun down the line.

The rounds match was great. The action wasn't exactly the best no, especially all that worked boxing at the start, but a sloppy/so-so match makes for better viewing than a technically perfect match which is cold/wrestled by people with no character or physical charisma. As NXT doesn't overuse gimmick matches and this is one you don't see outside NXT UK/British Indies, it made for a memorable match.

Lash got segments throughout the show and I enjoyed them. I also enjoyed this new pairing of her and Pretty Deadly which... I didn't know I wanted it but now that I've seen it, give me more. Not completely out of nowhere either if you are aware of the fact that Lash has been sent to NXT UK a number of times so her being friends with Pretty Deadly is as simple as she met them over there.

Wendy Choo didn't go back to her old gimmick as some people thought, instead she took a page out of Orton's book and we saw the return of the night vision goggles. It is fun to see these references, something which WWE under Vince was always so against.

I think I may have said it when they started doing them, but the segments between Santos and Tony D are well done. NXT for a couple of minutes featured two crime bosses having a sit down with each other to decide how they were going to settle things in a street fight. Hard to say what the result is going to be. On one hand Santos losing and sending him to the main roster makes sense... but he doesn't have to lose such a match to go to the main roster and him winning gets him Legato back. It'd be best if Tony D won I'd say, especially for the D'Angelo Family's business. They've never had bigger profits down at the docks than this period of it under Elektra Lopez.

Cora Jade as Mandy's hitwoman/bounty hunter was not something I expected, but it was nice. Zoey Stark has quite the notable finisher.

Really enjoyed this show. NXT 2.0 has continued to be the most watchable show for me and one I look forward to. HHH's takeover of the main roster has also made me look forward to the main roster shows too as they develop so it is a really good time to be watching WWE right now. Incredible stuff.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Both of Wyatt's feuds with Cena had nice builds, some really good promos from both guys. Both had wrong results however as Cena should have lost the 1st encounter and while Wyatt did win the second, it should have been by destroying Cena and not beating him in essence by magic. Speaking of Wyatt... the word was he had problem with Vince and his boys and left as a result of that. Unless Khan signed him to a long contract secretly and has just been paying him to stay home, something he has already done with Claudio who was signed for months before he turned up, they you'd think there is good odds that HHH gets him back. I wouldn't go with the Fiend stuff though as WWE needs more super heels like a person needs another hole in the head.

Yeah, Wyatt trademarked Wyatt 6, and then showed a moth/butterfly. Hes super good on the mic and id be curious who hed have if he led another faction.

Also looks like TBar is finally going back to Dominick Dijakovic. Also REALLY hoping HHH scraps Butch and lets him be the Bruiserweight Pete Dunne.

27 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

I think I may have said it when they started doing them, but the segments between Santos and Tony D are well done. NXT for a couple of minutes featured two crime bosses having a sit down with each other to decide how they were going to settle things in a street fight. Hard to say what the result is going to be. On one hand Santos losing and sending him to the main roster makes sense... but he doesn't have to lose such a match to go to the main roster and him winning gets him Legato back. It'd be best if Tony D won I'd say, especially for the D'Angelo Family's business. They've never had bigger profits down at the docks than this period of it under Elektra Lopez.

I have a weird feeling Legado turns on Escobar. No idea. Just feel like it it'll happen.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing people abandoning Tony the Con's flippy shit ship of solipsistic, politicking, and backstabbing douchebags because it proved the marginally better option for actual wrestling for a time. We've seen you wanting so desperately to swallow that shit with a smile, knowing all you really want is just for the vitrified brain of McMahon to cede power. Well, here we are.

Nice Guy Levesque will never have my respect as a person or a performer, but I would never deny his storied nous for creating a genuinely engaging wrestling product even in an era as inferior as this. I can't quite say the sky's the limit, but he stands more than a fighting chance of righting wrestling's breakneck course towards the edge of AJ Styles' idea of what the shape of the planet is like.

Time to play the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah, Wyatt trademarked Wyatt 6, and then showed a moth/butterfly. Hes super good on the mic and id be curious who hed have if he led another faction.

Also looks like TBar is finally going back to Dominick Dijakovic. Also REALLY hoping HHH scraps Butch and lets him be the Bruiserweight Pete Dunne.

I have a weird feeling Legado turns on Escobar. No idea. Just feel like it it'll happen.

Who knows with all the cryptic stuff. If he returned then I'd really rather not have him redo the Wyatt family or be a super heel like the Fiend. Something I think would have potential with him would be him getting outed/admitting to being a fraud attention seeker. Crazy guy from the Bayou? Nah, he was born into money (IRS reference). He twisted and manipulated the guys in his Wyatt family for kicks, poor people with all their problems are so easy and hilarious to mess with. You wouldn't believe the insanity he had those guys believing. His Wyatt family promos that'd go nowhere? They never had any point, he was just having fun making idiots struggle to find a grand message that never existed.

I saw the tweet from Dijak yeah, good stuff because what a waste his time has been thus far. With Butch... it has actually worked thus far and I'd say Dunne will end up better for having done the gimmick. The best solution would be to have him be Pete Dunne but have Butch come up now and then as it has already been established that Butch is a nickname and what Sheamus & Ridge call him.

I'd say there are some good odds on that. Santos being old/soft/whatever and them seeing and liking how Tony D carries himself. The match's result is simply unpredictable which usually helps in having people invested.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Who knows with all the cryptic stuff. If he returned then I'd really rather not have him redo the Wyatt family or be a super heel like the Fiend. Something I think would have potential with him would be him getting outed/admitting to being a fraud attention seeker. Crazy guy from the Bayou? Nah, he was born into money (IRS reference). He twisted and manipulated the guys in his Wyatt family for kicks, poor people with all their problems are so easy and hilarious to mess with. You wouldn't believe the insanity he had those guys believing. His Wyatt family promos that'd go nowhere? They never had any point, he was just having fun making idiots struggle to find a grand message that never existed.

I saw the tweet from Dijak yeah, good stuff because what a waste his time has been thus far. With Butch... it has actually worked thus far and I'd say Dunne will end up better for having done the gimmick. The best solution would be to have him be Pete Dunne but have Butch come up now and then as it has already been established that Butch is a nickname and what Sheamus & Ridge call him.

I'd say there are some good odds on that. Santos being old/soft/whatever and them seeing and liking how Tony D carries himself. The match's result is simply unpredictable which usually helps in having people invested.

Im not worried on Wyatt as aside from Husky Harris (Lol) he is good and tweaking and changing his character. I do hope if he returns its a solo act.

Looks like KO will be a top heel again thank god. I rewatched his feud with Shane and his promos trashing him. Very similar to Steen going off on Cornette. 

KO at 2:30

Cornette. "The only numbers ill have tattooed, are of the day you die".

Honestly, who likes Cornette tho? lol. Also watching the dark side of the ring where Russo and Cornette are shit talking each other is great.

But im guessing Ezekial is gone for a few months, comes back as Elias. Hopefully. We shall see.

I didnt watch NXT. i have been keeping up with it more though. I saw an interesting post today, unfortunately cant find it, but people talk about Rosa being good (lol), Jade improving (still needs work but better than she was and she good on promo), but nobody talks about Mandy Rose 300+ day reign, and how improved she is. Like, its not as recognized.

We recognize but general people don't. Im inclined to agree on that. I hope Mandy holds it until November or something. Loses it after the 1yr mark, ah maybe to Zoey in a rematch or something. Who knows.

I also saw a funny one how AEW signing and relying on ex wwe talent,  and as soon as Vince left, wwe was signing and relying on ex wwe talent. 

Raw was not that great this week. I don't care much for many of the wrestlers on that show, like Omos, Ziggler who is somehow still around, Balor who always seems to be tied to the lower midcard, most of the women on the roster and shaved Elias, so the show has admittedly a bit of an uphill battle for me to consider a week a success. Usually it is enough not to have stupid shit happening, but stupid shit did happen again this week. I am big on pushing new talent, mainly because I am tired of the same few people hogging the titles, I come back after years and its still Reigns and Lesnar for the title on the big summer ppv, and in the second world title match...again Reigns and Lesnar because there was not even a second one as they put both titles on Reigns who never defends them or even wrestles on normal shows, wasn't even on Raw to represent one of his titles.

So with me wanting the young talent to fill in, imagine my disgust at how they keep treating Dominik Mysterio, who at this stage of his career with 2 years in the business and given how big he is should be the one defending his damn near 50 year old homunculus of a father instead of the other way around, but Triple H has the same humor as Vince so he likes Dominik to get beaten up and dragged around by Ripley, someone he could throw across the room with one arm if he wanted to given their weight difference. Austin Theory, another young talent, did not get to do anything despite being Mr Money In The Bank, so not doing too well there either, and the less is said about the sad state the tag team division is in the better, as, surprise, the Usos are doing a bit of a Reigns so we have one tag division over two rosters instead of two divisions with each their own belts, though at least they show up and do stuff. At least Lashley is putting in the work being an actual champion representing the US title belt on the brand, with a good match too, not whatever Reigns is supposed to be.

Smackdown did better. Sure they do not really have young wrestlers, or many at all, and Reigns is too lazy to do anything here either, but instead of Lashley we have Hungry Walter putting in the work main eventing the show with a match that was leagues above every single match Reigns ever had in his career in terms of wrestling skill that was on display. Can't say that I am a big fan of Nakamura, the guy never clicked with me, but I can respect his pure in ring abilities, the main event was a great match between two capable workers.

Actually bothered to watch the contract signing despite it being for the womens division, because its a running gag at this point how they always end in disaster. They did not even bother having the official out there for the signing, Rousey throwing a hissy fit, Baszler trying to talk herself up, then they make Liv stroll out and she acts like a pure heel, talking mad shit with her arm in a sling, in front of someone who likes to break arms, somehow not expecting that to lead to any consequences. This seems to be a theme with the womens champions, Bianca also loves to act like a Miz caliber heel but is supposed to be a face, what followed was one of the dumbest table spots I have seen in a long time, at this rate I may just have to watch their match for freakshow appeal, no disrespect to Baszler.

Viking Raiders still wasted with that goofy New Day rivalry that will likely go nowhere except them getting beaten at the end of it to crush their momentum yet again, but fingers crossed that they bury these clowns and move on to finally become a successful tag team because I'd gladly watch more tag matches if its these two fighting tough matches against other credible teams. Oh yeah, there was also the world title rivalry, how could I forget, ah thats right, I forgot because it was the contender having to deal with dumb and dumber, the two cousins of the actual champion who, of course, could not be bothered to even be there this time. At least they allowed him to get the better of them for once, and for some reason Zayn is also involved, which is a big waste of someone who could be a workhorse having good matches instead, but it does have entertainment value, even if no one expects Drew to actually win.

On 10/08/2022 at 10:49 PM, Infected Elite said:

Cornette. "The only numbers ill have tattooed, are of the day you die".

Honestly, who likes Cornette tho? lol. Also watching the dark side of the ring where Russo and Cornette are shit talking each other is great.

But im guessing Ezekial is gone for a few months, comes back as Elias. Hopefully. We shall see.

I didnt watch NXT. i have been keeping up with it more though. I saw an interesting post today, unfortunately cant find it, but people talk about Rosa being good (lol), Jade improving (still needs work but better than she was and she good on promo), but nobody talks about Mandy Rose 300+ day reign, and how improved she is. Like, its not as recognized.

We recognize but general people don't. Im inclined to agree on that. I hope Mandy holds it until November or something. Loses it after the 1yr mark, ah maybe to Zoey in a rematch or something. Who knows.

I also saw a funny one how AEW signing and relying on ex wwe talent,  and as soon as Vince left, wwe was signing and relying on ex wwe talent. 

I'd say out of the people he worked with Cornette is more liked than hated. Owens I've not seen any recent talk regarding Cornette so hard to place if he still hates him or not. As Cornette has said himself, Owens in WWE has done everything Cornette suggested he do when Owens was in ROH. So possible that Owens these days might see Cornette in a better light.

Yeah, the angle does seem primed for that. Elias was one of those guys HHH saw little in but Vince loved so I hope that these days HHH rates the guy more because Elias is great. Elias at the current rate might well be a guy who never wins a title in WWE, but who if healthy/not out for an angle is constantly booked.

Mandy Rose is always going to have certain haters because of the way she looks. All there is to it from what I've seen. As you didn't watch I'll tell you a possibly relevant detail. This week on NXT they ran a vignette for Jacy & Gigi, Jacy being about rock 'n roll, Gigi about doing what she wants, something like that. Mandy was on the show on commentary for a match and the rest of Toxic Attraction was nowhere to be seen. Some are thinking this might be a sign that Mandy will be losing the title soon and Toxic Attraction might be done after... or maybe NXT just decided to run a vignette focusing on the two younger women as Mandy Rose needs no such focus. We'll see.

It is a fun little detail yeah.

WWE obviously needs more tag teams. So Hit Row coming back... is better than nothing? I guess? I feel like it's a double-edged sword so to speak. Because they don't feel the same without Swerve

You take what you can get I suppose. I'm just not sure it was received as positively as the Kross and Lumis return was. But everything isn't going to change overnight Dauersack. If you can't have patience... then watch AEW only I guess.

But what do I know I'm just a f-ing mark like MJF claims

Edited by SelectiveGamer

Did the same thing for the IC title as they did for the US title. You know... I wander if people would be accepting of the IC/US titles becoming TV titles with the exceptions of the big 4 or just Wrestlemania & Summerslam. Imagine the IC/US champions main eventing RAW/Smackdown becoming a more common thing when they have a match with a notable challenger (upper midcarder/main eventer).

2 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

WWE obviously needs more tag teams. So Hit Row coming back... is better than nothing? I guess? I feel like it's a double-edged sword so to speak. Because they don't feel the same without Swerve

You take what you can get I suppose. I'm just not sure it was received as positively as the Kross and Lumis return was. But everything isn't going to change overnight Dauersack. If you can't have patience... then watch AEW only I guess.

But what do I know I'm just a f-ing mark like MJF claims

Not every return needs to be a main eventer. That sort of stuff is how you get the joke about AEW marks about them saying every debut on AEW is a "game changer" and then outside the obvious exceptions they go on to do not much of anything.

As for Hit Row I don't see them missing Swerve as anything that'll bother anyone beyond internet people. Swerve wasn't even the guy the WWE wanted to be the star of the group, that guy being Top Dolla. Adonis got a lot of matches on 205 Live when that was a thing so he likely will be good enough to be the "worker" of the group in place of Swerve. B-Fab adds to the group but who knows how willing the new management is to have long term people signed to just be managers as she'll need some work in the ring.

Idk man, but with all these previously released superstars coming back, I'd say the returns of Braun Strowman, Johnny Gargano (with or without) Candice LeRae, Bray Wyatt, etc, aren't unlikely. I'd like to see The Way on the main roster too, if possible. Theory looks so lost with the MITB case at the moment (Roman Reigns was right).

Also, the fickle dub dub E fans. Turning on Liv just a mere month after winning the title. They've cheered, rooted at the top of their lungs for her and it all comes down to that. Am I surprised? Of course not, I mean why should I be... 

Edited by Maxximum
  • Like 1

I went to the Saturday Night's main event house show last night and really enjoyed myself. It had been over 20 years since I had been to a wrestling event. The biggest surprise that came from it is they had Shayna and Ronda Rousey team together against Aliya and Raquel. I wonder if this will translate to TV with Shayna and Ronda as a team. I'd rather see them in a feud against each other, especially if Shayna wins the title at Clash at the Castle.

• Like 2