The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

8 hours ago, Glorious Fury said:

He's already been reinstated on the board with his old cronies Barrios and Wilson. Deeply concerning for WWE employees and in-ring talent with this news. 

As it stands I'd assume he has no creative control currently, but this is Vince. He'll weasel his way back in somehow......

Just seen, such bad news. Apparently he said if the minority holders try to sue he will bankrupt them. Apparently its business as usual but Comcast are interested in purchasing WWE so maybe he made a deal somewhere there

Very interesting development, the part of him bringing back his former top cronies on the board. I recall their removal being seen back in the day as Nick Khan getting them removed for his own gain. If so and he is bringing them back then perhaps Vince has been convinced/realised that Khan played him. Who knows, perhaps said person has even floated Khan (perhaps HHH/Stephanie too) being behind all that stuff coming to light. Khan/HHH/Stephanie were likely the people pushing Vince to stand down too.

It was a big mistake to put Vince into retirement. The man's life is work and you're retiring him? Might as well be telling him to die. If they were smart they would have set up a new 1 hour show, hired a bunch of indy guys for it, and gave the show to Vince. It'd have kept Vince distracted and happy.

On 1/4/2023 at 6:37 AM, Dauersack said:

I enjoyed his character during the Eater Of Worlds days, though honestly he was soon facing the same problems with that character and the Fiend/Funhouse clown he is facing now, dragging on for far too long without getting anything done, way too much nonsensical blabbering, and declining match quality, only that it happened MUCH earlier this third time around and the matches went from meh, to terrible, to non existent as of now. People seem to try and present LA Knight as some sort of upcoming megastar, just like you I don't see it either, he can talk pretty well but that seems about it, and even if he is good in the ring I highly doubt he will get a chance to show it against Wyatt when even Orton and Rollins couldn't get a good match out of him when he had considerably less ring rust.

This Uncle Howdy stuff doesn't make much sense right now, but it might. It has me intrigued. However, it's nowhere near Fiend level. I know alot of people all of a sudden say they didn't like The Fiend, but the crowd reactions and merchandise sales told a different story. The Fiend was the absolute best Wyatt there was, and this Uncle Howdy stuff (at least for right now) doesn't work as well.

I don't have the f-ing energy for this anymore. I really don't. I have more important shit going on in my life that needs more of my focus and I can't deal with this shit anymore that clearly stresses me out when BS like this happens in what feels like every five god damn seconds.

Anyone who thinks he won't force himself back into creative is fooling themselves. I don't give a fuck what his 'statement' is or was. I saw it too so you don't have to show it to me. At the end of the day it's a bold-faced flat-out lie and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in a different reality.

So once he inevitably forces himself back into creative... I will seriously contemplate quitting for good.

So AEW wins. Which is clearly what everyone wants/wanted anyway. Because I'm sure that will absolutely solve everything. ?

Edited by SelectiveGamer

18 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Screaming into the void is a meaningless endeavor. This is why I will put all my ventures into other clearly more important areas once this inevitable happens

Just cant wait to see all the wasted talent again. Vince will push HHH out of creative. What a joke. 

WWE has been sold to Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund and Company will go back to private and that means Vince will take over as head of creative from HHH......

rip WWE and rip to all people Vince is preparing to fire soon

Isn't it all still speculation at this point? but if its true they sold to Saudi. They must have tons of... well. i don't want to offend anyone so i won't say it. But if they do sell to Saudi, RIP WWE and hopefully HHH starts his own promotion and takes the guys who wont work for Saudi, like Wyatt, Zayn, Owens.

Can't imagine many US companies want to work with Saudi. Apparently Saudi bought and has a golf league in US but has been struggling to get a TV deal because well, Saudis.

13 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

That's messed up. Like really?

Well then... if you haven't invested in AEW yet, now might be the best time to do so.

I think I'd rather stop watching wrestling alltogether before watching that, or I get most of the 90s and 2000s and just spend the next years slowly watching my way through that.

9 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

Tony Khan should buy WWE and create the biggest merger company named AEWWE (All Elite World Wrestling Entertainment). The possibilities for dream matches and 10-hour ppv-s will be endless.

Lol i hate to say All Elite World Wrestling Entertainment has a ring to it.

Would not happen though. I think rumble will go as planned, but Mania 39, we will really have an idea if its Hunters team or Vince.

Also if they sold to Saudi, tons of talent would walk out. Tons of sponsors, various arenas wouldn't want to host etc. I'd say if they sell, sell it someone like NBC, Fox, or even Netflix. They'd gain from WWE Raw and SD on their service, while PLEs could still be figured out via pay or what. 

Either way, im glad Wyatt and Kross and Gargano returned. Annoyed Theory didnt cash in for a world title. Annoyed trash like Dominik Guerrero are employed. But people like to complain AEW has a bloated roster, id say WWE has just as bloated one. They both suffer from similar problems. 

That being said, im sick of the Bloodline and im tired of Vince and chances are once Mania 39 ends. i may only catch the big 4. ill always watch to some degree but yeah, currently i just catch a few highlights and PLEs. 

I just want WWE to be good again...

WWE some years back I recall being worth around 3 billion and Tony Khan could have maybe bought them then, unlikely as I doubt his father would allow such a thing but at least possible. WWE currently is double that and the Khan's might well not have enough money, and even if they did it would be a massive amount of their money.

As for the Saudis. Glad the gun was jumped a bit and it might not be happening. I think it would be Vince's most disgraceful act if he so late in his life took the company away from his family just so he could work until his death. Then again, while given a very good deal, his father didn't simply hand the company to Vince so maybe thoughts have gone to his head that if his family deserved the company they would have bought it from him themselves. As for the Saudi owned Golf and their problems... pretty sure that is less people not wanting to do business with the Saudis and the dominant company in Golf threating those companies from losing their business if they do business with the Saudis. They wouldn't have that problem in wrestling. Also the Saudis wouldn't ban women wrestlers or put out some order that they need to be covered up. Saudis are smarter than that on these things.

We'll have to wait and hope that Vince's inner circle can convince him round, as while they may have a reputation as yes men they can if they care bring Vince round on things (especially Nick Khan). They've likely convinced Vince by this point that HHH/Stephanie leaked the stories against Vince to get him out of the company so that should be sorted. They just need to try and talk him round to softening up on Shane and making him the heir. For those unaware, the word out there is that Vince's inner circle hates HHH/Stephanie (who badmouth them at every opportunity) but they like Shane.

NXT

The rope breaking was the finish but it breaking twice likely wasn't I would think. Second time Grayson has had to improvise while stuff that shouldn't goes on. I'll chalk it up to inexperience but if the ring is gimmicked then obviously you shouldn't be doing certain things like slamming a guy into the weakened turnbuckle. You could see afterwards that Bron for example wasn't hitting the ropes as hard as they got the picture that they needed to ease up on the ropes. I'm happy that Grayson didn't get pinned and has an out of being cheated as he only lost because the ring broke. I personally think that Grayson should beat Bron for the title in the upcoming cage match. Bron needs to drop the title to move up and Grayson is a perfect champion to hold it for a short period before dropping it.

I don't recall the last time that a team in a battle royal that aimed to team up in it actually stayed teamed up all the way until the final two. They'll usually stupidly eliminate their team mate halfway through because paranoia I suppose. I wasn't too happy about Jacy betraying Gigi in the final two though... I get it was so they could be both eliminated at the same for a triple threat, but it'd have been nice to see a tag team get to the end and then carry out a plan where they both drop off the ring at the same time to get the same result. Considering the NXT crowd it'd have gotten a massive pop. Title match will be predictable I'm sure. They'll double team Roxanne for a bit and then Jacy will betray Gigi and it'll become a triple threat where Roxanne eventually wins. I'm hoping for a surprise though where for example Jacy and Gigi both submit Roxanne together and so they become co-champions. You could then run that for a little bit (you could have the Women's title defended twice on the same show) and then have Roxanne win the title back in a fatal 4 way where the odds are a bit more even.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2023 at 10:28 AM, sk_lp_him said:

Tony Khan should buy WWE and create the biggest merger company named AEWWE (All Elite World Wrestling Entertainment). The possibilities for dream matches and 10-hour ppv-s will be endless.

I know this was originally said as a joke but there is rumours today that Tony Khan is actually in talks to buy WWE... Invasion 2.0 on the cards

Edited by Zeppelinlee

On 7/18/2012 at 4:49 PM, fresquinho said:

I am a fanatic fan of WWE I watch every show every week, and have all WWE games and I play WWE'12 lot and can't wait for WWE'13, so, anyone is a WWE fan too?

I was a fan from 1988 till 2021. but after its stupid scripts and scenarios, i watched and became fan of AEW! 

On 13/01/2023 at 2:00 PM, Zeppelinlee said:

I know this was originally said as a joke but there is rumours today that Tony Khan is actually in talks to buy WWE... Invasion 2.0 on the cards

Trying to get some manner of consortium going so they don't have to pony up all of the money apparently. Though I do wonder if considering the current climate if them buying WWE would even be allowed. WWE is already called a monopoly by many on its own so it getting purchased by AEW would just be creating an even bigger monopoly.

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Rumble is this weekend. Seems incredibly likely it'll be the last one I ever watch since Vince will inevitably force himself back into creative and sell WWE to Saudi PIF and take it private again so he doesn't have to face consequences for being a sexual predator. What a f-ing joke.

So for the final time... here's who I want to/think will win both Rumbles:

Men's:
Who I want to win: Cody Rhodes
Who I think will win: Cody Rhodes

Women's:
Who I want to win: Naomi
Who I think will win: Rhea Ripley

Not hard honestly. Once asshole forces himself back into creative and they sell to Saudi PIF I quit for good

• Like 1