Possible big blow to FF7 Remake might be episodic.

Daniel_Shadow170

that would be fine however here's the quote

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience. That sounds like some telltale bullshit

That's also a press release that wasn't from Square-Enix themselves.  Taking that into consideration, and the supposed "clarification" tweet someone posted in this thread... we have ourselves one big fat guessing game at the moment.

The truth will come out.  Relax.

Edited by FrecLognAizeW

That sounds like PR bullshit. You're telling me this game is SO big it'll be the first multi-part game on ps4? Pfffft...

This if you ask me is just caring only about money (I know this is what businesses do; but at the same time they have to care what their audiences will think). That statement about it being so big it can't fit on a PS4 disc is a load of bullshit to me. Even if it was true; they could have made it the first multi disc game on PS4. Episodes is their way of finding a cheaper way to release it. But really, imo it's a load of bullshit because what is this all saying about FFXV which they make out to be a huge open world game and probably similar in size to Final Fantasy VII?

Just so everyone knows, FFVII is probably the shortest out of all the 3D games. It takes something like 15 hours to complete, not speedrunning but running past all the side stuff. Which is why I believe that this guy's statement is not true at all.

• Like 1

I think it's hilarious that everyone's going on like they're taking a dump on the New Testament, completely assuming the worst, and Square hasn't even explained themselves what they mean by this. I mean, chill out people, even if they change a bunch of stuff, the original still exists to add to your precious trophy collection.

Bitching about people bitching isn't helping either.

• Like 1

I think it's hilarious that everyone's going on like they're taking a dump on the New Testament, completely assuming the worst, and Square hasn't even explained themselves what they mean by this. I mean, chill out people, even if they change a bunch of stuff, the original still exists to add to your precious trophy collection.

After 10 year's of shit they announce a remake of their best title and fuck that up ya no many people seen this as a way to apologize for ff13 to fuck up Final Fantasy 7 is the worst thing they couldv'e done might as well say fuck the fans.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/12/06/final-fantasy-7-remake-episodic-ff7-ps4/#/slide/1 That sums up what everyone is saying and what i'm hearing from other sites it's a shame square already shot themselves i will put them on konami level if they fuck up same with capcom if they screw up RE2REmake.

All I see is the normal overreactions to news that always happens on the internet. FF7 on PS1 had 3 disks technically that makes it a game split into 3 episodes. Basically people need to calm down and wait for more info. For all they know each episodes could be 20 hours long with a 6 month break in between each episode. 

• Like 2

Bitching about people bitching isn't helping either.

Neither is bitching about people bitching about people bitching. :P

After 10 year's of shit they announce a remake of their best title and fuck that up ya no many people seen this as a way to apologize for ff13 to fuck up Final Fantasy 7 is the worst thing they couldv'e done might as well say fuck the fans.

In my opinion, Square has nothing to apologize for a fantastic PS3-era Final Fantasy trilogy.

• Like 3

So the game is too big for these brand new consoles? Bullshit. They're probably going to break it into pieces and sell them all separately, for $60 each. Claiming it's FF7-1 and FF7-2. That's what it sounds like. I hope I'm wrong. But this is Square Enix, and they manage to out-stupid themselves every time.

• Like 1

that would be fine however here's the quote

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience. That sounds like some telltale bullshit

To me that sounds like they are going to make stories that takes place after the main story, like X-2 or XIII-2 did. I mean, they are remaking the story too last I heard, so I guess I wouldn't put it past them making different stories that take place after the main one.

I really want the whole thing to be good, so I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't really get to explain what they fully meant. Like I can see the whole game of VII, then VII-2 as it's own game and so on.

So the game is too big for these brand new consoles? Bullshit.

In their defense, these "brand new consoles" weren't even that impressive when they first came out.  I can picture a full-fledged remake of a massive game like Final Fantasy VII causing some trouble.  Compared to the likes of The Witcher 3 at least, with it's spectacular "open fields" and "wooded areas" and "generic settlement A" and "generic dungeon B".  (Don't get me wrong, it's a great looking game, but the Golden Saucer alone would/should blow anything in that game away visually, not to mention the sheer scale of the game world and variety of locales in FFVII that can't just be copy and pasted together.)

Edited by FrecLognAizeW

I dont mind this. Theres a lot more territory they can cover by doing it this way. While I believe im wrong, this gives them room to add in events from crisis core and dirge of cerberus.

Curious to see if there are team attacks, and if they're kingdom Hearts tier (never bothered) or chrono trigger tier (all the time baybee).

Also chocobo racing with road rash combat would be the best ever.

Good god forum rats be absurd.

Speculation and unconfirmed "facts" are only going to cause you stress and anxiety ultimately forming your disappointing, self-fulfilling attitude towards the game.

The episodic format has been confirmed the only speculation is how they'll do it one will be accepted and the other won't.

I'm still failing to understand just why everyone is suddenly incredibly upset about this.

It could be far worse: it could have just never happened.

Personally, I'd be okay if they decided to separate the game in the same format that they did with the discs; i.e., Disc 01 -> Episode 01, etc.

Eh, but what do I know; I'm patient.

If it is true, it's just another money grab (I call shenanigans on the size issue xD), but I'm not going to start panicking until we hear something more concrete. :P

To me that sounds like they are going to make stories that takes place after the main story, like X-2 or XIII-2 did. I mean, they are remaking the story too last I heard, so I guess I wouldn't put it past them making different stories that take place after the main one.

I really want the whole thing to be good, so I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't really get to explain what they fully meant. Like I can see the whole game of VII, then VII-2 as it's own game and so on.

So basically... Advent Children: The Game? Yeah, that might be interesting. :hmm:

Eh, I really don't mind, it's weird but when you think about it, but how long would we have to wait for the full game? My guess not until late 2017/early 2018. Look how long Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III are taking. So that's most likely why they are going the episodic route, just to get it to us in a decent amount of time. Probably also explains all of that progress made already compared to the summer.

I'm not typically a fan of episodic games. Then again, the only ones I've played were "The Walking Dead" and "Resident Evil Revelations 2". I just ended up waiting until all of the content was out before I bought it. Then it didn't matter if it released in parts or not. xD

This could be a good thing. You'll see the game (or at least the first part) much sooner than you would if you waited for the entire Remake to be done. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

If it means they are going to release the entire game at 60$ in different blu-ray discs that ARE on the same box and I can swipe them in a couple mins to continue the story without further pauses, then personally, I don't see a huge problem.

Guys, guys..12346428_918472804875217_219424668987247

LOL!! what a BS! Square enix is at it again, I haven't played it yet but the Witcher 3 is also so huge, why it didn't get a multiple releases like the witcher 3 episode 1 and witcher 3 episode 2????

a 50GB blu-ray disc is enough to hande a huge sized game. not to mention the blu-ray that have a size of 128GB if I wasn't wrong, which is said that so far it isn't needed as the 50GB are still enough, why they don't be the first to use that 128GB blu-ray??

guess it's just a way they wanted to get rich fast by selling two parts of FF7.

So the game is too big for these brand new consoles? Bullshit. They're probably going to break it into pieces and sell them all separately, for $60 each. Claiming it's FF7-1 and FF7-2. That's what it sounds like. I hope I'm wrong. But this is Square Enix, and they manage to out-stupid themselves every time.

just like a FF13 :D