TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan officially revealed

Also, unless I'm missing something, this explains why the TMNT unlockable characters in Tony Hawk 5 were cel shaded.

Edit: Ah shit, my comment got made a new one because I didn't see someone else had commented after me, I thought it would just get merged like usual. Soz boz.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

Eh, not impressed with the trailer. Knowing that Activision is part of this project leads me to believe the game is most likely going to be bad.

...because Activision (as the publisher) has never put out a good game before?

That is like when Movie trailers put "brought to you by the people behind so and so film" and you realize it is the producers or executive producers and are like "oh wait that doesn't say anything about the movie at all.

Anyways

personally I am excited for this and I am assuming 4 player Co-Op so while I will be waiting for a price drop (as I always do) I will definitely want to go for the plat in this with 3 other people :)

...because Activision (as the publisher) has never put out a good game before?

That is like when Movie trailers put "brought to you by the people behind so and so film" and you realize it is the producers or executive producers and are like "oh wait that doesn't say anything about the movie at all.

Anyways

personally I am excited for this and I am assuming 4 player Co-Op so while I will be waiting for a price drop (as I always do) I will definitely want to go for the plat in this with 3 other people :)

Well, I guess I should be clearer in my statement. From what i've seen, the games published by Activision have usually been less than stellar. For example, Call of Duty has always been rated high by reviewers on game sites like IGN, but according to the majority of people who've played the game, they tend to state less than positive responses regarding the series and/or it's latest release.

Edited by aznchibiz
  • Like 1

Well, I guess I should be clearer in my statement. From what i've seen, the games published by Activision have usually been less than stellar. For example, Call of Duty has always been rated high by reviewers on game sites like IGN, but according to the majority of people who've played the game, they tend to state less than positive responses regarding the series and/or it's latest release.

Yet every year it sells more than the last year...so people obviously like it.

I personally only played one COD (MW2) and I found it alright, but there is a huge crowd of people that love the series. Activisions problem is they run series into the ground (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, Skylanders, COD etc) but they put out solid games.

Actually an Activision published game won my Platinum of the year with Transformers War for Cybertron and Platinum Games is no slouch developer. All of their games are highly regarded so you can't really compare Call of Duty with Vanquish or Metal Gear Rising.

Why Do People Print Like This? It Makes No Sense At All.

On topic: The game looks pretty cool. I was a huge fan of TMNT back in the 80's and have always liked cell shaded games like Borderlands, Prince of Persia 08 and the Telltale episodic games like The Walking Dead 1 and 2 and The Wolf Among Us.

Eh, not impressed with the trailer. Knowing that Activision is part of this project leads me to believe the game is most likely going to be bad.

Activision are the publishers, not developers, and they publish some fantastic games. Also, your CoD example is just flat out wrong. There is a vocal minority of people who dislike the game or series and say negative things, if it was the majority the series wouldn't be nearly as popular as it still is. Though to be fair the last two CoD games before Blops III (Ghosts and Advanced Warfare) were received fairly negatively but the new game has been getting a ton of praise from people who have sworn the franchise off. Also, Activision just published Transformers: Devastation and that game was absolutely awesome. 

I'm not a huge fan of the art style of the game, especially after playing the gorgeous Transformers: Devastation, but Platinum seems like the perfect developer for a TMNT game and if it is anything like Transformers it should be a goddamn riot. That being said, I do hope the game has a deeper combat system than Transformers because while the game was very fun, combat was a little on the dull side after multiple playthroughs and a game like TMNT should have a robust combat system to kick some Foot Clan ass. 

Parker

I like the art style, I also like it seems to be based on the 80'-90's cartoons instead of the newer versions of the Turtles. And I also like it's seems to be a bit grittier than said cartoon.

Now I hope one day I'll see a movie or game based on the original Ninja Turtles (the ones that had a cameo in TMNT Forever).

Until then, at first glance, this will certainly do.

• 3 months later...