A Happy Little Challenge

A Happy Little Challenge  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This seems like a fun thing to do.

I have a question about your scoring system though. Is it the rarity of the plat at the time it was obtained or the rarity of the plat at the end of the year?

We're going for rarity at the end of the year :)  I just put the scores in for now for ease and will probably update them monthly so we can see how we're both doing.

It was really hard to choose who to support, but i let my bias vote on Rach due to previous events together. Good luck to both!

I usually don't follow threads but i will follow this to keep track of the replies of progress of both of you. Unless this get spam-replied, i should not remove my follow until the end of the year. Looking forward to this!

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

With January as good as over and nothing having changed from the start of the contest, things are still looking in my favor.

msLUw5z.png

However, note that while the most progress i've made is 1/7th of Mass Effect 2's platinum, Espeon has both Fat Princess Adventures and Driveclub in a position where she should be able to platinum them in the near future and catch up.

Personally, i'm hoping to maintain an average of 3 plats per month throughout February and March, hopefully reaching 1000 points before the release of Dark Souls 3.

I'm also keeping a list of games i plan to platinum this year (along with how many points they'll probably get me). Keep in mind that Mass Effect 2 is the only title on the list that i've actually purchased so far.

Mass Effect 2 - 85-90p

Resogun - 86-90p

Gravity Rush Remastered - 80-85p

Helldivers - 97-99p

Borderlands 2 (Replay on PS4) - around 90p

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - 80-95p (rough guess)

The Witness - around 90p (guessing again)

Dark Souls 3 - 85-90p (probably)

Fallout 4 - around 87p

On top of that there'll be spontaneous sale purchases (hopefully). I still have Velocity 2X ready to play, might give it a shot if i muster up the courage.

More fun facts, my score last year would have been 1.787,26 points. Absolutely looking to top that.

Edited by Happy
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Now's as good a time as any for a February update. To my own surprise i've been able to keep up the standard i set for myself while Espeon has been doing what i can only describe as super high level mind games.

EzMXo2X.png

My progress has been going exactly to plan, i got

1Sf5412a.png

Resogun at 87.90 points

1S07d851.png

Gravity Rush Remastered at 67.34 points

1Sbb5b52.png

Mass Effect 2 at 87.93 points

Adding up to a total of 243.17 points for February and 702.93 points total.

My original estimate for Gravity Rush's plat rarity ended up a little on the generous side but what can you do. Progress on Helldivers has been going extremely well and i should be able to platinum it next month with little extra effort. This is where i'll start to differentiate from my original plan a bit. For one i started Yakuza 4 the other day, not very far into it but it's a safe 95 points if i do put in the time. I'd like to say i'll platinum it in March but i don't think i can so i won't. On the other end of the spectrum, i bought Vanquish yesterday, which is a quick 97 points in theory, though i fear that reality will look a little different. I've had a pretty good track record with Platinum platinums so far so i'm faithful. It does appear like i will not be able to pull off the 1000 points i originally wanted by the end of March but maybe something will pop up who knows. For now i'll try to avoid falling into a false sense of security and building up a good lead while i can.

Now's as good a time as any for a February update. To my own surprise i've been able to keep up the standard i set for myself while Espeon has been doing what i can only describe as super high level mind games.

It's all those trophies I plan on syncing on 29th February.....I'm of course joking ;)  Been wrapped up in a couple of other things this past month