Should i give this game a 2nd chance?

I bought this game years ago, played for a couple of hours  and start feeling lost and stuck on sections and didn't know were to go to progress and loan the game to a friend where it still is. Should i get the back the game and start and new playtrought to see if i can enjoy it more nowadays . Maybe i didn't like it that much back in the days cause i wasn't to familiar with RPG and didn't like at all but now i can appreciate some games in the genre like Soul series and Fire Emblem . 

So what you guys think anyway? Should i go back to play it and try to finish it or just leave it alone ,not worth the time ad work?

Not only this game you should go back to, but most of your unfinished games as well. You are missing a lot of good stuff there.

Also, next time, make a status update. This thread is completely irrelevant to everyone else playing this game but you. In a couple months there will still be people replying to this even though you should have already played as much as you wanted.

• Like 2

We might as well not have any Forums since you seem to object to and complain about alot of Forum Posts on here

If i bother you, there is the ignore list for that so you can avoid my name. Google exists for a reason, searching doesn't hurt. This game is old, there is enough information on the Internet already. Opinions from people are biased, people who like will say yes because they liked it, not because they think you will enjoy. This kind of thing should come from a neutral source imo. I was recommended Dragon's Dogma and i hated it. People hated Magus in general and i liked it.

If i bother you, there is the ignore list for that so you can avoid my name. Google exists for a reason, searching doesn't hurt. This game is old, there is enough information on the Internet already. Opinions from people are biased, people who like will say yes because they liked it, not because they think you will enjoy. This kind of thing should come from a neutral source imo. I was recommended Dragon's Dogma and i hated it. People hated Magus in general and i liked it.

I'm not going to ignore anybody. You're right, Searching doesn't hurt but the OP is only asking people on these Forums if he should give this Game a 2nd chance. There's no point in these Forums existing if you're not allowed to ask a question anymore. If his post bothered you then why respond to it to tell him it's irrelevant?

I'm not going to ignore anybody. You're right, Searching doesn't hurt but the OP is only asking people on these Forums if he should give this Game a 2nd chance. There's no point in these Forums existing if you're not allowed to ask a question anymore. If his post bothered you then why respond to it to tell him it's irrelevant?

You seriously want to derail this thread into this personal shit?

Read again, i never said he shouldn't ask, i suggested that using status updates are a better place to ask this kind of question since this thread holds no relevance to the game itself. I'm way more active than you and the forums and I've seen my share of years-old replies that are completely pointless since the TC has already decided if he should play it or not ages before.

I'm curious about how people buy games. I read reviews, watch gameplay, check trophy guide and make my decision which i hardly ever regret. I know one of my best friends just buy anything that is below $5, literally.

You seriously want to derail this thread into this personal shit?

Read again, i never said he shouldn't ask, i suggested that using status updates are a better place to ask this kind of question since this thread holds no relevance to the game itself. I'm way more active than you and the forums and I've seen my share of years-old replies that are completely pointless since the TC has already decided if he should play it or not ages before.

I'm curious about how people buy games. I read reviews, watch gameplay, check trophy guide and make my decision which i hardly ever regret. I know one of my best friends just buy anything that is below $5, literally.

Nope, I'm not attempting to derail the Thread, I don't know why you're bothered about that anyway since it shouldn't exist according to you. Also, It's nothing personal. I'm not making any personal attacks or insults. You make a good point about the Status Updates but I really don't know why it bothers you that much. You don't own the Forums so who cares?

The twat in me feels like bookmarking this thread and replying to it in 2017, quoting Yuri. :devil: 

On topic:

Played it on 360. Had a lot of fun at first, but never saw it through to the end because of other games coming out, so can't speak to the whole game.  

I guess that puts me in OP's position too, actually...  :S

Anyway, I might add it to the backlog based on the positive responses here and it's dirt cheap at the moment on PSN. Maybe I'll get to it one day. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

A little late to the party here but you should definitely get back on this! I just platinumed/100%ed this game and had a blast. If you're familiar with or a fan the hack n' slash genre of games, perhaps choosing a class (or "destiny" in terms of the game terminology) that focuses on sword and blade attacks would make this an overall better experience for you. I played the entire game as a Duelist (with most of my build invested in the Might tree) which focused on a combination of sword and short blade combo attacks. It made the game feel like a RPG version of God of War in terms of gameplay.

This helped me out a lot going into the game:

https://www.destructoid.com/a-class-guide-to-kingdoms-of-amalar-reckoning-221925.phtml

Edited by merciful84

• 9 months later...

I was excited for this game and picked it up on sale about 3 years ago. I started it and got distracted by other things. Came back a few months later and was completely lost, so didn't touch it again until about a week ago. 

After starting a brand new character I've now passed the 12 hour mark and I'm having fun. It'd not the most amazing thing ever, but if you want a little more colorful, less serious version of Dragons Dogma this game is pretty good. About feeling lost, that's fine. There are tons of side quests to do and you can literally just wander around, it doesn't really matter what order you do anything. 

• 4 months later...