Questions about Trophy Hunting

ForbiddenDonut87

Hi everyone, first post :)

I just started my trophy hunting journey and have a few questions :)

1. Is it better to backup saves on PS+ online folder or via a USB drive? I heard that USB drive is easy on PS4, but on PS3 you need to format it?

2. If I can get access Asia/EU PS store can I use my credit card and it will convert currency?

3. How do I find trophy related communities? There is no search option, I only see 99 randoms "trending".

4. Is it safe to play Assassin's Creed 4 and Handsome Collection or will there servers be closing because games are old in PS4 cycle?

5. I saw this video called "How to be a great trophy hunter" by this Arab dude. He looked malnourished and in some type of basement. He said you need to play garbage games and visual novel games to be a great trophy hunter. Is this true? I rather just play what I want...

6. What is better for guides: Trophies.org or .com ?

7. I have Bloodborne and The Last of US.. I am going to get Fallout 4, Infamous, Wolfenstein, Diablo 3, Mad Max, Witcher 3 in the future. Does anyone know any underrated ps4 titles?

Thanks everyone :)

1. I've never had to format my USB Drive on PS3. Some games have copy protected saves, though, and can only be saved to the Cloud. So, if you have Plus, probably the better option.

2 & 3- Don't know. 

4. I'd be shocked if any PS4 game shut its servers down anytime soon. There are PS3 games that are still up, and older versions of those very games to boot.

5. I'm not either of those things(malnourished or live in a basement, though I'm not Arab either :P), and I play what I want. Am I great? Maybe not, but whatever. I'm happy with where I'm at. 

6. I use .org, for the most part. Don't know if it's necessarily better; it just comes up first in a Google search 99% of the time.

7. The Order 1886. Short, fun, and easy to Plat. 

• Like 2

1. I've never had to format my USB Drive on PS3. Some games have copy protected saves, though, and can only be saved to the Cloud. So, if you have Plus, probably the better option.

2 & 3- Don't know. 

4. I'd be shocked if any PS4 game shut its servers down anytime soon. There are PS3 games that are still up, and older versions of those very games to boot.

5. I'm not either of those things(malnourished or live in a basement, though I'm not Arab either :P), and I play what I want. Am I great? Maybe not, but whatever. I'm happy with where I'm at. 

6. I use .org, for the most part. Don't know if it's necessarily better; it just comes up first in a Google search 99% of the time.

7. The Order 1886. Short, fun, and easy to Plat. 

Thank you for the answers.

Trunks is awesome :)

• Like 1

Gravity Rush Remastered.

Came out here the other day, it's a remaster of the Vita game of the same name. Budget release, decently cheap price. Great game. Pretty short though, only goes (the main story) for 5 hours or so at best, but it's a damn fun time.

RIDICULOUSLY easy plat if you're into that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Gravity Rush Remastered.

Came out here the other day, it's a remaster of the Vita game of the same name. Budget release, decently cheap price. Great game. Pretty short though, only goes (the main story) for 5 hours or so at best, but it's a damn fun time.

Well, never owned a Vita, now is my chance. Great suggestion. Thanks :)

1. The PS+ backup is fine and has recently been upgraded from 1GB to 10GB, so it'll last quite a long time. It doesn't hurt to backup to USB as well though, if you really want to. If your account is ever compromised, somebody would be able to delete your PS+ backups, but they'll never be able to touch your USB.

2. I don't think you can use credit cards for other regions. Generally if you want to buy from another store, you'll have to purchase top-up codes and add the funds to your wallet that way. Play-Asia has a large selection of regions to choose from if you choose that route.

4. All PS4 games are relatively new, so we probably won't see many server closures for a long time. And when it happens, sport and racing games will be the first to go.

Certainly not the likes of Assassin's Creed, anyway. A lot of the older Assassin's Creed PS3 games have had empty servers for years, but they're all still up and running.

5. That video was probably just satire. The people who do those things are sucky trophy hunters; you don't have to play games you don't enjoy and you can get a huge amount of trophies without resorting to the likes of Hannah Montana or Abs Animals.

6. I prefer to use a mixture of as many sites as I can find. No one site has all the best guides.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

Gravity Rush Remastered.

Is it really that easy? I have it on my vita and it didn't hold my interest so i just left it.

Been trying to clean up some of the game on my account to a high %.

• Like 1

1. Is it better to backup saves on PS+ online folder or via a USB drive? I heard that USB drive is easy on PS4, but on PS3 you need to format it?

2. If I can get access Asia/EU PS store can I use my credit card and it will convert currency?

3. How do I find trophy related communities? There is no search option, I only see 99 randoms "trending".

4. Is it safe to play Assassin's Creed 4 and Handsome Collection or will there servers be closing because games are old in PS4 cycle?

5. I saw this video called "How to be a great trophy hunter" by this Arab dude. He looked malnourished and in some type of basement. He said you need to play garbage games and visual novel games to be a great trophy hunter. Is this true? I rather just play what I want...

7. I have Bloodborne and The Last of US.. I am going to get Fallout 4, Infamous, Wolfenstein, Diablo 3, Mad Max, Witcher 3 in the future. Does anyone know any underrated ps4 titles?

I'm aware you already have answers but here's mine anyway.

1: The online backup is pretty sweet, but the physical backup is also pretty sweet, doesn't cost any money, and is available when your internet is not. You don't need to format any USBs for saves on PS3 or PS4 though.

2: Nope. Your currency will work only on your store. My AUD works in Australia, won't work on the American or Asian stores, etc.

3: Get invited. I got added to one from a guy who friended me on here needing help. I kicked myself out though so I can't add you.

4: Borderlands is a definite safe bet, but AC could go away sometime, probably not soon though, I'd imagine.

5: Depends on your definition of great. I've only got 80 something plats but I can say at least three quarters of them are games I loved, I feel pretty great about that.

6: There's no clear winner. Just use Google and go through them all 'til you find one that does what you need.

7: Underrated is a subjective word. I'd say something like Super Stardust Ultra is an underrated game. I've been playing through it in co-op here and there the last week or so with the girlfriend and it's great, it's from the makers of Dead Nation and Resogun though so it damn well should be. I don't know, here's a short list of what I'd call "underrated" games for PS4.

The aforementioned Super Stardust Ultra.

Tony Hawk 5. Bagged out by everyone and their dog, I know, but with the updates it runs as well as it should have at launch now, for bargain bin prices it's great.

Blacklight Retribution. Admittedly you never hear a bad thing about this game, but you don't hear enough good things. Free FPS / COD clone, can't go wrong.

The Order 1886. Available cheap anywhere, it's short but it's sweet. I do hope they make a sequel for it, I think they do too ;)

Woah Dave. It's like 5 bucks, it's an old school style arcade game with jumping and throwing and dodging and shit. YouTube a clip of it. It's addictive as balls.

Knack. Imagine the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy got a 4th one, and imagine you play as a toblerone. That's this game, and it's awesome.

And Gravity Rush as I said before. Sweet game.

Sorry these got split up into separate posts, I was gonna edit them together but too much effort lulz.

Edit: Lol, I said FPS shooter. The S in FPS is apparently silent.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
  • Like 1

1. The PS+ backup is fine and has recently been upgraded from 1GB to 10GB, so it'll last quite a long time. It doesn't hurt to backup to USB as well though, if you really want to. If your account is ever compromised, somebody would be able to delete your PS+ backups, but they'll never be able to touch your USB.

2. I don't think you can use credit cards for other regions. Generally if you want to buy from another store, you'll have to purchase top-up codes and add the funds to your wallet that way. Play-Asia has a large selection of regions to choose from if you choose that route.

4. All PS4 games are relatively new, so we probably won't see many server closures for a long time. And when it happens, sport and racing games will be the first to go.

Certainly not the likes of Assassin's Creed, anyway. A lot of the older Assassin's Creed PS3 games have had empty servers for years, but they're all still up and running.

5. That video was probably just satire. The people who do those things are sucky trophy hunters; you don't have to play games you don't enjoy and you can get a huge amount of trophies without resorting to the likes of Hannah Montana or Abs Animals.

6. I prefer to use a mixture of as many sites as I can find. No one site has all the best guides.

Thanks for your answers :) Which sites do you like to frequent or is it random?

Is it really that easy? I have it on my vita and it didn't hold my interest so i just left it.

Been trying to clean up some of the game on my account to a high %.

Trust me man. I plat'd it on the Vita in the day and it took me a month or so, but I was slowly playing through it and like 50 other Vita games. I had just gotten a Vita and had a stack of PS+ games, but because I only bought a 4gb card at the time I had to keep deleting and reinstalling each game basically, so I'd play something for a week, then play something else, back and forth for a while and never got around to finishing Gravity Rush for a while.

ANYWAY, in my memory I thought the game was bigger and longer, but I jumped on the PS4 version and clocked it all in a couple of days while playing other games, going out a few times, and having a good sleep in. It's a box of piss man, seriously, it's so easy. Just make sure you leave the challenges to the end though, having all the powers upgraded will make them soooo much easier, like, if you don't get a gold every time on your first try, odds are you fucked up.

The DLC is 20 minutes a piece as well at most, so if you're going for cleaning up percentages and don't mind shelling out a few bucks, they won't slow you down at all.

• Like 2

I'm aware you already have answers but here's mine anyway.

1: The online backup is pretty sweet, but the physical backup is also pretty sweet, doesn't cost any money, and is available when your internet is not. You don't need to format any USBs for saves on PS3 or PS4 though.

2: Nope. Your currency will work only on your store. My AUD works in Australia, won't work on the American or Asian stores, etc.

3: Get invited. I got added to one from a guy who friended me on here needing help. I kicked myself out though so I can't add you.

4: Borderlands is a definite safe bet, but AC could go away sometime, probably not soon though, I'd imagine.

5: Depends on your definition of great. I've only got 80 something plats but I can say at least three quarters of them are games I loved, I feel pretty great about that.

6: There's no clear winner. Just use Google and go through them all 'til you find one that does what you need.

7: Underrated is a subjective word. I'd say something like Super Stardust Ultra is an underrated game. I've been playing through it in co-op here and there the last week or so with the girlfriend and it's great, it's from the makers of Dead Nation and Resogun though so it damn well should be. I don't know, here's a short list of what I'd call "underrated" games for PS4.

The aforementioned Super Stardust Ultra.

Tony Hawk 5. Bagged out by everyone and their dog, I know, but with the updates it runs as well as it should have at launch now, for bargain bin prices it's great.

Blacklight Retribution. Admittedly you never hear a bad thing about this game, but you don't hear enough good things. Free FPS shooter / COD clone, can't go wrong.

The Order 1886. Available cheap anywhere, it's short but it's sweet. I do hope they make a sequel for it, I think they do too ;)

Woah Dave. It's like 5 bucks, it's an old school style arcade game with jumping and throwing and dodging and shit. YouTube a clip of it. It's addictive as balls.

Knack. Imagine the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy got a 4th one, and imagine you play as a toblerone. That's this game, and it's awesome.

And Gravity Rush as I said before. Sweet game.

Sorry these got split up into separate posts, I was gonna edit them together but too much effort lulz.

Oh I appreciate your effort. Thanks for the help :)

Thanks for your answers :) Which sites do you like to frequent or is it random?

My first choices are usually these, in this order:

http://www.playstationtrophies.organd http://www.xboxachievements.com

www.trueachievements.com

http://psnprofiles.com/guides

There are other smaller sites like PS3imports or Youtube that aren't really dedicated guide sites, but have a few if all of the above fail.

I usually combine it with a particular game's wiki, especially in the case of large games like RPGs.

If it's just general information I'm looking for and none of the above sites have anything, GameFAQs forums are usually pretty active. A Google/Reddit search will usually offer something, as well.

The reason for the Xbox sites is that sometimes they'll have guides for games that are also on Playstation, but will never be uploaded to Playstation sites because the author doesn't own any of the consoles.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

1. USB is nice if USB3. USB2 is super slow on PS4 and the files are massive... USB is nice so you can keep two back ups not just the latest, but the one before that. If you do it to avoid corrupted save, using the cloud is pretty useless, because then you will upload a save that will over write your last old save uploaded with a save that may or may not be corrupt. If USB, you can keep an additional back up on PC. While the saves are huge, they upload really fast to the cloud. I suspect the save files aren't really that big, and it's just some encryption they use that does it, which is really annoying, so they're probably uploaded unencrypted to the clouds or something. Definitely not the entire save file that gets uploaded, because my internet sucks REALLY HARD, and I can upload a 150MB save in 10-15 seconds... :S My upload speed is like 500kbps, so it should have taken 40 minutes for me to upload the save file, not 10-15 seconds.... When transferring to USB, it will take a lot longer and take up 150MB space, I mean 3-4 minutes transfer time on USB2.

2. I'm really not sure. It definitely won't convert for you, but many banks does this for you at pretty decent rates. You will need a second user to use the EU and JP stores etc, but on PS4 and PS3 you can have that other account download games etc on the console and play it on your main account. I recommend you get some PSN cards, but make sure you're not getting ripped off.

3. idk

4. Servers close all the time. Certain series have servers close after a year or so, others have servers up for many many years. Some may even allow for local hosting and play, which with some setup on PC can become an extended LAN. I don't play AC.

5. You can play whatever you want. :P Sometimes I buy some cheap games for some quick trophies though. Cheap games are often garbage and old, hence why they are cheap. Big games often takes a lot more time, so you'd be earning trophies slower. Many like to focus on hard games, and just want "impressive" platinums or whatever. Dude, honestly, just play whatever you want and don't put too much thought into it. I highly recommend not looking at completion ratio. If you're stuck with some game you don't like playing or some massive grind you don't want to do etc just don't do it. Don't waste your time, enjoy yourself. Don't buy over priced DLCs you don't really want just for some few trophies. Play games, have fun! And if you collect trophies, you usually want to aim to get them all, but you don't need to. :)

6. .org in my experience, but depends on the guides, but the guides on this site is usually better IMO, but just not as many.

7. Are you asking for exclusives or just games to play? I really like playing N++, which I find to be an overlooked gem. You should be into 2D platformers though, no attack enemies or anything, just 2D platforming. Resogun is a lot of fun, definitely get the PS4 version and not the PS3, and the DLCs are great.

1. USB because you can fit more on it. Probably best to put it in the PS3 first to let it format it then it's good to go on both consoles.

2. Don't know. PayPal does it like that so don't see why not.

3. Not sure.

4. Doubt the servers for those games would be going down anytime soon.

5. Nah, that guy sounds like he's pulling the piss. Play what you like and you'll be right.

6. I'm biased and say .com. They've got great guides on there.

7. Depends what sort of games you like. Apotheon is a pretty good underrated game.

1. I personally never used a USB drivemyself, so PS+ is probably enough.

2. No idea sorry.

3. Communities are a bit of a mess atm, so i don't think there's any decent search option yet.

4. If servers are going down, you'll probably hear about it here first. I doubt any AAA PS4 game will have theirs go down anytime soon, the system's still new.

5. Obviously not. If you care about nothing else than raising your plat count as fast as possible, but you won't get much enjoyment or respect from the community for it.

6. PSNProfiles.com.

7. I'd say give Bastion a shot. It's only a matter of time before it's on sale for 5$ again.

Check out the newest Megadimension neptunia game :) the entire series is great and it's the first ps4 entry of the hyperdimension neptunia series. If you like Rpgs with comedy and anime characters then you'll like this series. Very easy platinum too. The game just came out a few days ago so maybe you'll wanna wait for the price to drop but you'll get your money's worth at full price.

• Like 1

1.I would say the ps4 online back up is best 

2.Don't know

3.Check out what communities any friends are on or any of the "players you might know" are part of. There's usually some real good trophy sites that will pop up. Failing that, check out some of the trending sites and some of the members of those sites to find out what other communities they are in. I can 100% say that you will find some good trophy communities.

4.The servers will be open. If you need online help, set up a session using the menu at the top of this sites page.

5.Play what you want and eventually you'll find your niche. Don't be urged to play all the big games just because everyone else seems to. It's a marathon, not a sprint, so sit back and just enjoy hearing that sweet ping of the trophy earned icon :)

6.Two places I generally use for guides are playstationtrophies.org and powerpyx.com, so it's take your pick really

7.Depends on what you're interested in. Ride is easy if you like racing, as is Moto gp 14 & 15. Sleeping dogs definitive edition is brilliant. Lego games always give platinums but are also fun!.

Hope this helps.

1 - Both options are equally good since PS4 has 10GB of PS+ storage, that is more than enough even for PS4 saves =)

2 - Nope, you need PSN cards, EU stores unfortunately do not support PayPal, maybe only UK, not sure about that.

3 - Possibly join our PSNP community and check profiles of members, you may find some =)

4 - I don't think they plan to close down PS4 games' servers

5 - Nope. Visual Novels are for reading, not for quick skipping for quick level raise as almost everyone uses them for

6 - PSNP obviously :awesome:

7 - Transistor, Bastion and the best PS4 game so far, Final Fantasy Type-0

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Thank you for the answers.

Trunks is awesome :)

Trunks is my favourite too!

Welcome to trophy hunting! Here's some answers that may help.

1: Use the 10GB cloud online. You're paying for it after all.

2: Buy them online. Sites like pcgamesupply.com provide you with international codes, it converts the price and you get emailed the voucher code.

3: Here is a good place to start, especially for boosting sessions. Platinum Trophy Club on Facebook is another.

4: It's a risk you take with online games, as a rule, I generally avoid games with long grindy MP trophies. I don't see PS4 games going down any time soon.

5: It's a great way to improve your rankings for your country and worldwide. But many people just play what they enjoy. No problems with that.

6: playstationtrophies.org is in my opinion, the best site I've found. There are some decent guides on here too.

7: Those are all good titles, it's a good way to start! I'd also recommend Far Cry 4 and Driveclub. The Wold Among Us is a visual interactive game, but it has a very interesting story and characters. Give that one a go and see if you like that sort of thing.

8: To get your monies worth from PS Plus, download each game, even if you don't think you'll play it. Better to have too many games in your library than not enough.

• Like 1

I thought being a trophy hunter meant to acquire a massive backlog out of which you'll only ever complete a small portion of. I've been doing it wrong all this time ,damn it.

OT (even though, you have most answers by now)

1. Up to personal preference, I prefer cloud

2. Nope, only PSN cards (of said region obviously)

3. You're here, aren't you? This is a trophy related community, even though it's not completely limited to it.

4. You should be good for a while, mostly sport games like NBA, FIFA and the likes have server shutdowns a coupe of years after they release.

5. Play whatever you like, there's no point to gaming in general, if you're not having fun with it.

6. Mix and match. I mostly use .org, but have used a couple from this site as well.

• Divinity Original Sin, if you ever played Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale or Neverwinter Nights on PC and enjoyed them, this will be right up your alley.
  • Shadow Warrior, old school fps (should be incredibly cheap by now), also based on the original for PC from the 90s.
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, if you like point and click games, this is the best point and click on consoles, period.
  • Dying Light, if you like Dead Island and those type of games, then this is for you
  • Lords of the Fallen, if you enjoy action rpg style games
  • Samurai Warriors 4. mindless fun hack / slash, similar to Dynasty Warriors, Warriors Orochi, etc..., but personally I prefer this series.

Other games are pretty mainstream, MGS V, Arkham Knight, Shadow of Mordor, Elder Scrolls, Mortal Kombat x and so on.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

1. I've never put any of my saves on a USB before. The online folder for PS+ works just fine.

2. I'm not sure. Sorry!

3. What about us?

4. I would think so. I can't imagine they'd be shutting down servers anytime soon.

5. That's bullshit. He may or may not have been kidding, but some people will do stuff like that. Gaming (and therefore trophy hunting) should be something you do for fun, and for yourself. Play the games you want to play, without letting trophies/completion percentage/etc stop you.

6. It just depends. If we have the trophy guide here, then I'd much rather use this site, but if we don't then I'll use .org. Hell, sometimes I'll check both!

7. None that I have personally played (yet). I haven't had my PS4 very long yet!

1) You'll have enough space in your PS+ folder.

2) You're better off buying pre-paid cards online as you'll need a valid address to be able to buy stuff with a credit card in a different region. There are a ton of sites that offer pre-paid cards instantly through email. Personally i use, offgamers - It's also good to check between stores since the have different handling rates.

3) Just stay on PSNP, we're the best community :awesome:

4) Yes, those servers wont close anytime soon. They're high profile games that have only been out for a year or 2. No worries.

5) Just play what you like. Some games have hard platinums, some have easy. Sometimes playing a "bad" game for an easy platinum can be fun because of the trophies but don't forget that you hunt trophies because you like to play games, not the other way around. 

6) As i've written a couple guides myself, i can only recommend PSNP for guides. It has a nice format, they're high quality because there is a specialized guide team who review each guide before they're published. Unfortunately PSNP doesn't have a guide for every game available so you can check playstationtrophies.org for those ones.

7) Plants vs Zombies 2. Awesome fun game. Until Dawn is a must buy for every ps4 owner as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j6V2wRVMCQsthis is the video the OP is referring to in his 5th point. It's Hakoom.

he should rename his video to, how to get burnt out of trophies fast.

Edited by Zone Hunter

Eh idk why you had to put "some arab dude" roll with Asian or arabian man ! Haha but I can tell you some of my recent plats just to give you an idea

1.) Sniper elite 3 (not too difficult if you're patient enough to sneak)

2.) Hardware rivals (kiddie car combat indie game)

3.) Wolfenstein the new order

4.) Plants vs zombies (grindy)

• Like 1