Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

Yeah, it's probably the latter, I had a lot of trouble catching the Sea Guardian too while most people say it's easy :|.

That thing can burn in hell.

You also had a problem with him?

I would not say a problem, but it was quite annoying to deal with. The mini-game isn't as bad as I originally thought, but if you mess up, you have to wait what seems like a fort-night for it to bite again.

Having played the original P4 (it was the game that made me get into Persona in the first place), the fishing mini-game is a lot harder on Golden. Granted, it was a bit harder to get the right fish to bite on the PS2, but as soon as it did, you were fine as long as you're good with button mashing. But on Golden... it's a lot more delicate to actually fish the damn thing. And I still haven't even fished the damn Guardian (as you can see in my profile), I'm just saying this from all the regular fishes :P

That thing can burn in hell.

Having played the original P4 (it was the game that made me get into Persona in the first place), the fishing mini-game is a lot harder on Golden. Granted, it was a bit harder to get the right fish to bite on the PS2, but as soon as it did, you were fine as long as you're good with button mashing. But on Golden... it's a lot more delicate to actually fish the damn thing. And I still haven't even fished the damn Guardian (as you can see in my profile), I'm just saying this from all the regular fishes :P

Finally, some people who understand my pain and frustration :highfive:.

• Like 1

I would not say a problem, but it was quite annoying to deal with. The mini-game isn't as bad as I originally thought, but if you mess up, you have to wait what seems like a fort-night for it to bite again.

Finally, some people who understand my pain and frustration :highfive:.

n00bs :awesome: 

But seriously, I can understand why some people might find the controls to be weird on their first few tries but I really don't get what the hard part about the fishing mini-game was. From my experience it wasn't difficult at all. I was suprised when I first saw that so many people were having problems with the mini-game.

Edited by LucasV9991

But seriously, I can understand why some people might find the controls to be weird on their first few tries but I really don't get what the hard part about the fishing mini-game was. From my experience it wasn't difficult at all. I was suprised when I first saw that so many people were having problems with the mini-game.

The annoying part was reeling the fish in. The closer it got to the shore, the more he got away and the faster I had to mash the button, while also timing it right.

The annoying part was reeling the fish in. The closer it got to the shore, the more he got away and the faster I had to mash the button, while also timing it right.

That was mainly my issue. Although, I think I held the :cross: button rather than tapped it. I tried that and I wasn't seeing any results.

Seriously!? It's possible to hold :cross: instead of mashing it until my thumb hurt like hell :jaymon:???

Yes, hold it while it's in the middle zone then release when it goes to the left or right and so on. I've never tried mashing the button, it must have hurt like hell after a while :D

After watching a walkthrough on Youtube, mashing the button like a maniac seems like the only option for the ps2 version of the game.

Truth hurts more than one could think xD

I thought it was obvious? 

Wasn't it even in the tutorial? :D

Yes, hold it while it's in the middle zone then release when it goes to the left or right and so on. I've never tried mashing the button, it must have hurt like hell after a while :D

After watching a walkthrough on Youtube, mashing the button like a maniac seems like the only option for the ps2 version of the game.

I don't remember a hold option in the game :shakefist:.

I don't remember a hold option in the game :shakefist:.

I've just played the game and it's indeed there.

Every single time you play the fishing mini-game.

(You'll notice the word "Hold" appears right next to the  :circle:  symbol whenever you're in the blue area).

Fishing%2Bsmall%2Bimage.jpg

Yea, there was no hold option.

Since I played on PC, it didn't matter much but I'm sure it took some sore thumbs for those who played on PS2 =D

Meh, the Dualshock face buttons have always been soft enough that you can mash them continuously without any problems.

(Something that can't be said about Xbox controllers).

I've just played the game and it's indeed there.

Every single time you play the fishing mini-game.

(You'll notice the word "Hold" appears right next to the  :circle:  symbol whenever you're in the blue area).

Fishing%2Bsmall%2Bimage.jpg

I still can't remember that :huh:.

Dragon confirmed to belong to the majority of players that does not read tutorials even though they are served to them everytime :awesome:

Who needs tutorials :awesome:. That's one of the things I like about the Souls games: tutorials aren't thrown at you every 3 minutes.