Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

Now that this thread has awakened from the dead due to recent Persona 5 trailers, I know I should be getting back on this game, but Digimonstory is really latched onto my leg, and I dread the whole process of Hardcore Risette Fan(I've forgotten what Rise lines I've seen already except the first two boss ones).

There are some things that you can do to get as many lines as possible:

1- Dont be overleveled;

2- Get ambushed by all kinds of shadows (small, big, red);

3- Fight 2-3 shadows close to each other to be ambushed after dispatching the 1st enemy group;

4- Scan new enemies 3-4 times in battle. Even if the lines do not show, Rise is still saying something (better safe than sorry);

5- Use attack items. With this you will get lots of lines for each character and will not kill monsters fast, enabling them to react and flee/buff and debuff/summon enemies etc.

I tought I would need to farm this trophy, but it was unlocked sooner than I imagined. Hope it helps.

@S-Brawl3r: Hmm... Why cant I see my ID in the Hall of fame?

Edited by ab4h4r4k1

There are some things that you can do to get as many lines as possible:

1- Dont be overleveled;

2- Get ambushed by all kinds of shadows (small, big, red);

3- Fight 2-3 shadows close to each other to be ambushed after dispatching the 1st enemy group;

4- Scan new enemies 3-4 times in battle. Even if the lines do not show, Rise is still saying something (better safe than sorry);

5- Use attack items. With this you will get lots of lines for each character and will not kill monsters fast, enabling them to react and flee/buff and debuff/summon enemies etc.

I tought I would need to farm this trophy, but it was unlocked sooner than I imagined. Hope it helps.

@S-Brawl3r: Hmm... Why cant I see my ID in the Hall of fame?

1 - Don't worry about that; My party is an average of Level 15 right now and I'm at the Void Quest, so I get lots of big Shadow blobs. I use Traesto and Wind Balls to escape battle after I get the lines so I don't have to kill the enemy and get any EXP. (However, I had to switch to Traesto since I ran out of Wind Balls[sp?])

What you said about you getting the trophy sooner than later really makes me feel a bit inspired. Thanks for the support. Will try to work on it tomorrow while grinding in my computer games since I can't use the TV much anymore(my electric bill was insanely high and I haven't got much money left in the bank, only $260 for the rest of this month and expecting a water bill in a couple of weeks).

Guess I'll update my progress as I work on it as I think that will keep me motivated to continue (and hopefully pop it for #25).

Started my NG+ run the other day and am already through the first couple months and rescued Kanji. Things definitely move a lot faster when you have OP equipment and can pretty much skip most of the regular fights. I'm skipping a lot both because it's faster and to stay underleveled for the Risette lines later on.

My first run took me about 100 hours, but I expect that having a guide to follow and the NG+ benefits will drop this run to about 50 hours or so depending on how much grinding I'll need for Risette.

I had forgotten how excellent the comedic timing can be in some of the social interactions and can't wait to relive the camping trip :D

Edit: Added spoiler tags just in case.

Edited by Komrade_Konrad

Ugh, I hated the camping trip, but that was to be expected.

Someone should ban all the girls (but Naoto, who at least reads cookbooks) from the kitchen. And it doesn't help that Yosuke can't leave well enough alone with Kanji's sexual orientation and trying to flirt with girls by giving them bikinis. xD

Edited by DetectiveCJ

I have this planned for number 25 (only milestone in sight) and just have to do my second playthrough. I've already marked it out in this little notebook with a page per day.

I don't think I'll get to 24 plats before launch of P5 but if somehow I do, I'll def join. Good luck everyone.

Let the Hardcore Risette Fan grinding begin!

Ugh, I hated the camping trip, but that was to be expected.

Yeah I had forgotten

how offputting Yosuke's attitude is toward Kanji's sexuality.

The inedible cooking gag always makes me laugh though and I had completely forgotten about the boys getting tossed downstream of puke river.

I have this planned for number 25 (only milestone in sight) and just have to do my second playthrough. I've already marked it out in this little notebook with a page per day.

I don't think I'll get to 24 plats before launch of P5 but if somehow I do, I'll def join. Good luck everyone.

Just so you know, you did not get the True Ending on your first playthrough which is required for some things during the second playthrough.  If you have a save game at the end of the game, I *think* you can still get it by going back and making the right decisions on the last day of the game.  I completely missed it myself and had to go back before starting my NG+. 

Edited by Komrade_Konrad

Surprise, surprise I have a update.

I finally finished my first playthrough. My thoughts on the game have pretty much been solidified. It's a great jrpg, but P3 is still better.

I'll start my second and hopefully last playthrough soon.

Also:

#margaretisbestgirl, #marieisworstgirl

I almost forgot how awful P4 dub is.

It's actually pretty good, in my opinion. Not perfect, mind you, but still pretty good. And I'm the kind of guy that's predisposed to hate almost all dubs.

The West is unfortunately stuck with dub-only for Atlus' games, but at least they're decent.

I guess you could add me to the list too, I got P4G a while back, but I wanted to save it for at least plat #20, so I'll be starting this either tonight or tomorrow (although it's not like I never played Persona 4 before, I did the PS2 version multiple times). :yay: I'm hoping I'll be able to knock out Hardcore Risette Fan on my first run, I heard that progress towards that doesn't carry over to NG+, correct?

Also, if it matters, I'll be playing it on my new account (Masamune-XIII), not my old one (Masamune_316). :P

Also:

#margaretisbestgirl, #marieisworstgirl

I agree about Marie, but Naoto is clearly best grill. (kidding)

Anyway I recently started up another playthrough, not really far enough to give a real update on my progress, but I'm shooting for a full s. link run and (hopefully) getting Rise's lines along the way.

Side note, totally making P5 my first platinum. I'd make it P4G but P5 seriously looks like it's going to be the best Persona game yet.

Side note, totally making P5 my first platinum. I'd make it P4G but P5 seriously looks like it's going to be the best Persona game yet.

I've been trying to avoid looking into it much, I don't want to spoil anything... but I'm finding that harder to do each day. :P

• Like 1

Pretty sure that was the one I was using but one book I couldn't get. Think it had to do with a quest that wasn't there or something. It was awhile back.

Then.. you can't follow the guide properly. =D

This was the guide I was following and got literally ALL trophies available in the first playthrough (except eating dish, but that's because I forgot about that).

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Then.. you can't follow the guide properly. =D

This was the guide I was following and got literally ALL trophies available in the first playthrough (except eating dish, but that's because I forgot about that).

Cool, I might have to follow that as well. ^_^

Quick question though, do you remember if you joined the basketball, or the soccer team? I went with soccer because I didn't want to worry about getting the S.link too high & missing that book.

So I'm almost done with my first playthrough!

All books

All S.Links Maxed

Completed the secret dungeon and on the path to the true ending

EDIT: 100% Compendium Completion!

Only trophies I should have left will be to complete the Miracle Quiz Finals.

Fuse Izanagi-no-Okami

...and to fight the secret boss in New Game Plus!

I think I'm finally gonna be able to 100% this brilliant piece of gaming.

Edited by alt-James
  • Like 1

I'm now playing Golden after having finished the original P4 on PS2 and I can't help but wonder if some of the additions were really for the best.

For example, the cavalry attacks. I mean, they already got into trouble for trying to get into Junes with fake weapons, how could they possibly get in there with SCOOTERS unnoticed?!

Another thing is the Rise moral support on all-out attacks - not only does it make all-out attacks take more time to perform, they end with a cutesy-pink... smoke of death and destruction... full of hearts? It's the kind of stuff that really feels out of place.

Sometimes, I think the original's simplicity worked best. They really tried hard to make everything fit. I think sometimes Golden is just trying to put in more stuff for its own sake. Not to say all the new additions are bad, far from it, but there are some stuff that I think would have been better left off.

That said, skill cards and selective skill heritage? Gimme.

I'm hoping I'll be able to knock out Hardcore Risette Fan on my first run, I heard that progress towards that doesn't carry over to NG+, correct?

It's a debated subject, but the first guide linked to on the site's trophy guide says it does. The second one, however, says it doesn't. So there might be a possibility, but it's not confirmed. Even which specific lines count for the trophy aren't 100% confirmed.

• Like 1