SNES Games Coming to New 3DS

Komrade_Konrad

...too bad it doesn't look like they will support the old 3DS, which means I'm SOL.

That is awful and makes no sense other than forcing people to upgrade for $$$ making purposes. As much as I'd love to play SNES games on the fly, there's no way I'm upgrading my regular 3DS XL to the almost identical new iteration. Huge dick move from them.

The SNES games coming to the New 3DS are only from Nintendo or also from other companies as well?

I'd like to see on New 3DS :

- Super Metroid ,

- Super Castlevania IV ,

- Super Mario World ,

- Eartbound,

- Earthworm Jim ,

- The Lion King ,

- The Legendof Zelda : A Link to the Past ,

- Blackthorne 

• Like 1

The games being offered are good, but I'd also like to see Harvest Moon SNES, Super Mario RPG, Super Metroid, Super Mario All-Stars, and more.

If I watched the jp direct correctly, Mother 2 was confirmed (for jp not anywhere else).

Earthbound will be released on New 3DS in NA later this month.

Edited by ShadowStar83x

That is awful and makes no sense other than forcing people to upgrade for $$$ making purposes. As much as I'd love to play SNES games on the fly, there's no way I'm upgrading my regular 3DS XL to the almost identical new iteration. Huge dick move from them.

Yah my 3DS sits in a drawer because it was a gift for fire emblem. Some of the things i want that need new 3ds make me annoyed

The word "New" In the title really throws me off as to why people used to hate on cashcom so much for the 17 Street fighter launches but no one really cares about Nintendo shelling out DS after DS.

OT:Pretty good lineup of games though. Not that i would get a 3ds as it would be useless in 2 months when the next version comes out with a slightly bigger screen, but for those with 1 im pretty jelly.

• Like 1

Well I had a 2DS for a month or so, and then, long story short, I got a sweet deal and ended up with a New 3DS XL for not much more. So I'm ready for this.

However, as someone with a New 3DS, I think keeping it New exclusive is ridiculous as fuck, and for fuck's sake, the GBA could handle pretty sweet SNES ports, but you're telling me the normal 3DS, which can play stuff as gorgeous as it's 2 Resident Evil games, can't handle a SNES emulator? Bull. Shit.

Speaking more positively though, hopefully these are done in the same vein as the 3D Classics range, in that they actually put a bit of work into it, instead of just putting up an old school rom and charging a heap for it. Sonic and OutRun in particular shine in their 3D re-releases, others like Altered Beast for example are pretty sweet, but Sonic looks absolutely amazing with the scrolling background dropping in and out of the distance and shit at times.

Anyway, here's my wishlist. And to the few people who don't like my constant bitching about the PS4 re-releases wondering why I'm so willing to shell out money to Nintendo for their re-releases, simple, I was too young to buy them originally and it's my first time actually paying for them, not my 20th.

Super Mario Kart, obviously.

Donkey Kong Country

F-Zero

Super Mario All-Stars, because I can't bring myself to buy them all individually for 7 bucks each.

Street Fighter II

NBA Jam

StarFox

Killer Instinct

Glad to see Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country on the list. It'd be great if the classic FFs and Yoshi's Island could also come to it later. But really, there are so many great SNES games that aren't on the Wii U VC yet that it's hard to know what will come to N3DS >__>

Considering the new processor, better 3D (Subjective) and C-Stick, I would say the New 3DS XL would be a big upgrade over the original version.  

I guess this is the only way to get people to just on board of Nintendo's 8.5 generation, lol. 

I built a snes using a raspberry pi a few weeks ago - cost about £50 and took about 30minutes.

Been playing a lot of Super Mario World and that fan made Chrono Trigger sequel (Crimson Echoes)

Totally awesome, and allows me to play two player games, and play on a real tv.

• Like 1

Meeh, I can always buy them on Wii U since that's more comfortable for me to use but I don't really care for those games anyway...why can't they just put DS and GBA games already tbh? The Wii U can do DS and GBA for some reason but not 3DS??? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 1