Perfect Crime: glitched or requirements changed?

QuentinCle95

I wanted to ask all the people who got the Perfect Crime trophy, what exactly you did in your playthrough to get this. I followed a guide, and when it didn't pop, I retried thrice with different methods that all adhere to the requirements of the trophy. I just can't seem to get it. So I was thinking: either the trophy is somewhat glitched (at least for some) OR the trophy requirements have changed from the original release (for instance: it makes more sense for this trophy to pop if Ethan is dead or arrested as well, but that didn't seem to make any difference for the PS3 version.)

Any help? Thanks in advance!

I let Hasan Die, Cleaned Manfreds of all finger prints. Let Madison die in the killers place had Ethan guess wrong on the address and Norman save Shawn but die on the convater belt fight with the killer. Also Lauren needs to die and don't give Kramer his heart pills. Popped first try for me on both ps3 and Ps4.

What I did was 

- Let Hasan die

- Cleaned Manfred's

- Let Lauren die

- Let Kramer die

- Kill Madison in Killer's Place

- Let Ethan save Shaun

- Kill Jayden on conveyor belt.

Guess I'll try to do the same, ony with Ethan not making it to the warehouse now?

What I did was 

- Let Hasan die

- Cleaned Manfred's

- Let Lauren die

- Let Kramer die

- Let Ethan save Shaun

Guess I'll try to do the same, ony with Ethan not making it to the warehouse now?

You need to do this:

- Let Hasan die

- Cleaned Manfred's (9/9 evidences if you touch the window 10/10)

- Let Lauren die

- Let Kramer die

- Kill Jayden in fish tank

- Kill Madison in Killer's Place (let her die in the flames)

- Let Ethan save Shaun ( and then he need to be killed by the police)

Ps: don't try to make a "true perfect crime" (kill them all before old warehouse) because will deny the trophy!

Ps:

- I completed all ARI successful before fish tank chapter

- I completed all trials successful with ethan before the old warehouse

I know this is relative but i got this trophy making this way..

After credits try to reload last chapter if the trophy didn't show up

Good Luck my friend !

Edited by Rose_Dark
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got it like this 

1 - let Hassan get killed during the holdup

2 - have Ethan arrested right after the Lizard trial

3 - clean ALL prints during the Manfred antique shop scene

4 - allow Madison to be killed by the Doctor

5 - allow Jayden to be killed by Mad Jack

6 - allow Ethan to once more be arrested, this time during the hotel raid

7 - in Car Underwater, don't save Lauren. Just escape

8 - don't give Kramer his medication and walk out instead when he's having a heart attack

copy/pasted from a gamefaq thread

Edited by BDRick35

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 14/03/2016 at 0:12 AM, QuentinCle95 said:

What I did was 

- Let Hasan die

- Cleaned Manfred's

- Let Lauren die

- Let Kramer die

- Let Ethan save Shaun

That's exactly what I did and it popped (I tried loads of other methods first)

Did you watch Kramer die or just leave the room? Not sure if that makes a difference

• 1 month later...

For anyone having trouble with this platinum> go on YouTube and type heavy rain world record speed run 10 hour 40 minutes. If you follow that guy, you will platinum it in 9 hours. He makes a few mistakes that require fast forward, that’s why it’s only 9 hours. 

I see some of you saying that you let Madison and Jayden die before the last chapter. Madison has to die in the apartment and Jayden needs to die during the fight with Scott. That’s why they have + let so and so die at the end of the achievement. If you kill them before the above event, you are missing out events that lead to that trophy. This is why you guys aren’t getting it. 

Not sure if it helps but none of the trophy are glitch. They work no matter what, it just means something you are doing isn’t done correctly. I recommend the above video so you can compare

Edited by berserklover

• 3 months later...

I'm convinced this trophy is glitched.

The Nerd and Trial Master trophies both popped when they should and they have to be done in one go with autosave on.

However Perfect Crime is really pissing me off.

I honestly cannot think of any way I can get this trophy to pop because I have fulfilled all the requirements several times.

If I can't get Perfect Crime by tomorrow then I'm just going to drop this game for an entire month and come back sometime at the end of May.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'm convinced this trophy is glitched.

The Nerd and Trial Master trophies both popped when they should and they have to be done in one go with autosave on.

However Perfect Crime is really pissing me off.

I honestly cannot think of any way I can get this trophy to pop because I have fulfilled all the requirements several times.

If I can't get Perfect Crime by tomorrow then I'm just going to drop this game for an entire month and come back sometime at the end of May.

Iirc, Perfect Crime WON'T pop if it is your first playthrough of the game. I don't remember how I got it to work, but I think I must've just started the game again.

If you want, you can always delete the game data (or if playing on PS4, delete the game itself and re-install and then try it again (keep your save files though!)

Just now, Nitro said:

Iirc, Perfect Crime WON'T pop if it is your first playthrough of the game. I don't remember how I got it to work, but I think I must've just started the game again.

If you want, you can always delete the game data (or if playing on PS4, delete the game itself and re-install and then try it again (keep your save files though!)

Interactive Drama and Happy Birthday trophies didn't pop for me either even though I know I fulfilled the requirements.

This is bullshit. I heard virtually no problems on the PS3 version but they seemed to have screwed up something for the PS4 version.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/04/2018 at 10:32 AM, Nitro said:

Can confirm this is what happened to me. First play trough nothing popped. Got it in my second play through with ‘Saved the Kid’.

Edited by Hatteii
Double comment

This is frustrating me also, followed the guide on this site that Quentin made and followed his recommended path and didn't get the trophy, reloaded from "On the loose" and tried it with just Ethan going to the end with saving the kid, still didn't get the trophy..

*Edited* .. Well just did a second playthrough following the guide Quentin made and no trophy... argh.. gonna try other variations I guess.

Edited by ArsGoetia

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 3:24 PM, ArsGoetia said:

I got it by letting ethan and norman live towards the end, killed norman on the conveyor belt and saved shaun... it popped on the news broadcast for me .. whew finally. 

How many playthroughs did it take?