What games allow for cheats, yet doesn't disable trophies if active?

AncLEoniX

Alright a really odd question here. I know most games have cheats but they disable trophy progress if active. Prime example would be Grand Theft Auto V. Yet I know of one game that allows you to play with cheats enabled and still earn trophies. The game is Killzone on PS3. Does anyone else know of anymore?

Lego games

Lego Marvel kind of didn't. Putting in cheats would block you from being able to use one of the like 15 custom characters, and would leave you stuck at 99.8% or something. I remember I used a cheat to unlock a Spider-Man suit a bit early because if it wasn't obvious, I like Spider-Man, and when I was at the end of the platinum hunt I had to end up Googling for help. There was like 250 gold bricks and I had 251, or however many it was, I had 1 more than the limit, the whole thing was traced back to using a character unlock cheat in the end. I mean, I still got the plat with that save in the end, so I guess it didn't really block it, but it fucked with it a fair bit.

San Andreas straight up switches trophies off if you use cheats, both versions.

Vice City and GTA 3 let you use cheats, but they fuck you for the criminal rating which is a trophy. But in GTA 3 for example, the other day I spammed the money cheat to quickly get the trophy for having 100k and I don't even know why because I would have gotten it by playing through the story on it's own but whatever.

Anywho, I'll go look through my list and see what I've used cheats on, and edit this post when I get back.

Edit: Turns out I haven't cheated on anything, just a couple of loopholes here and there, yay me. There's a few in my list though that have ingame unlockable cheats that end up blocking you from trophies anyway which sucks...Duke Nukem Forever...so that sucks.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

Lego Marvel kind of didn't. Putting in cheats would block you from being able to use one of the like 15 custom characters, and would leave you stuck at 99.8% or something. I remember I used a cheat to unlock a Spider-Man suit a bit early because if it wasn't obvious, I like Spider-Man, and when I was at the end of the platinum hunt I had to end up Googling for help. There was like 250 gold bricks and I had 251, or however many it was, I had 1 more than the limit, the whole thing was traced back to using a character unlock cheat in the end. I mean, I still got the plat with that save in the end, so I guess it didn't really block it, but it fucked with it a fair bit.

The issue with that is that is that the quest icon disappears from the map as you already have the reward. You can still go up to it and activate the quest as normal though

• Like 1

Saints Row The Third I believe.

I'm pretty sure they disable trophies if you mean the purchased cheat pack but you're absolutely right on the in-game unlocks. Fun game btw.

@the op: Bayonetta but you'd still have to earn the halos to purchase said cheats (Halos spent on purchasing characters can be reset by quitting to the in-game menu after purchase.) and if you don't know any good Halo-earning exploits then you'd be better off just earning the platinum legit. The cheats allow you to unlock powerful weapons, playable characters, and accessories that you would normally have to beat the game with certain requirements in-order to unlock. (Although I'd suggest earning the platinum legit as it is a very rewarding platinum indeed, challenging game, and a good play.)

Edited by Gamer-Girls-FTW

Guitar Hero5. The cheats are unlocked by playing the game,  and you can activate them to help complete challenges and earn trophies. 

There are a couble that are semi useful, but Auto kick for the drums is really the only one that makes a huge difference. When going for high scores or streaks,  not having to worry about kicking makes even playing on expert a joke for most songs. There are also a few downloadable  trophy songs that can be completed just by turning on auto kick and walking away. 

Edited by Hemiak