Project Platinum: Level-5

zadorvp

Everyone added!

When I saw this PP I clicked on it thinking it would be an instant join for me then I saw both WKC games on the list and backed away slowly. Doing both of those solo would be like platting Star Ocean multiple times :|

As others said, WKC 1 solo should not be as demanding as SO4 wass. Go for the challenge, you can do it :D

Is it even possible to plat both now? I have been tempted to go for WKC2 for quite a while, but always avoid it, since I think that's impossible to plat solo (even with an imported WKC1 character)..

Yea, I was also wondering about that as well o.O

WKC 1 is definitely possible (it's been confirmed several times), but I could not find any 100% confirmation on WKC 2 (some people did get it done after the closure, but all the ones I saw had gone online/obtained online content before closure), which is why it is not required for the regular platinum.

Wkc 2 is not required for the plat rank but Wkc is which should be easier and less time consuming.

Anyway sign me up for lbx for now. Should really finish up dark cloud but that fishing trophy is annoying :P Also got dark chronicles, rogue galaxy and ni no kuni in my enormous backlog

Where are you doing the fishing in Dark Cloud? I tried to do it early on at that one waterfall spot, but gave up after no luck. The Muska Lacka Oasis was significantly easier, so I wish I hadn't wasted all that time on the waterfall attempts -_-

I WANT IN!!!!! Oh my god I love Level-5 games!

For now I only have Rogue Galaxy and Ni No Kuni so I'm Bronze ^_^

Hopefully I'll add both Dark Cloud games to the list soon xD

Yes, Level-5 is awesome ^^ Wish I had more games to put on this PP (luckily there's NNK 2 coming) :)

*will probably add a guide-related bonus award later since you deserve all the praise for your RG guide contributions*

LBX for me

I only have Ni no kuni but not the plat yet, catching monsters is a bit boring but I will try to have my plat before Ni no kuni 2

I will buy dark cloud 1 & 2 and rogue galaxy before the end of sales

Boring :(? But I caught and evolved all the possible ones (minus some DLC ones)... I hope you enjoy the PS2 games (especially Rogue Galaxy xD).

Another Avatar with Ni no Kuni plat here.

Also, on the topic of WKC: how much impact Avatar has on the plot and how important not-localized and blatantly locked forever endgame Avatar's Story is to the overall story? (As if: is it just a filler or something more?)

There's an Avatar's Story plot info topic found here.

Just Ni no Kuni for me so far. Thanks for this PP -- looks like a fun one with tons of games I haven't played yet.

You're welcome, Level-5 makes some great games ^^ Secretly this PP's goal is to get more people to play Rogue Galaxy in particular (especially people who I only ever see mention the Dark Cloud games) :P

P.S. For anyone interested, there's a Rogue Galaxy community event that needs more love here.

• Like 2

It's a silver for me if I'm allowed in -- I've got both WKC platinums and Ni No Kuni at the moment.

Secretly this PP's goal is to get more people to play Rogue Galaxy in particular (especially people who I only ever see mention the Dark Cloud games) :P

I'll get around to Rogue Galaxy.... eventually.  I'm working on Dark Cloud at the moment, and now that I have both an active PS3 and an active PS4, my backlog and unplayed games piles have grown to significant proportions.

• Like 1

WKC 1 is definitely possible (it's been confirmed several times), but I could not find any 100% confirmation on WKC 2 (some people did get it done after the closure, but all the ones I saw had gone online/obtained online content before closure), which is why it is not required for the regular platinum.

Ok, thanks, I will stay away from WKC2 then, there's no need for another unobtainable platinum in my list..

• Like 1

Where are you doing the fishing in Dark Cloud? I tried to do it early on at that one waterfall spot, but gave up after no luck. The Muska Lacka Oasis was significantly easier, so I wish I hadn't wasted all that time on the waterfall attempts -_-

Im fishing in the Oasis, but after finally finding the right fish they ate all my bait without being able to catch one so i loaded my safe file again but couldnt find a fisn after 30 minutes trying and just stopped after that. 

• Like 1

Everyone new added :)

Sign me up as Avatar. I have Ni no kuni platinum.

It's kind of pity there is no Jeanne D'Arc. If there is Rogue Galaxy or Dark Cloud on PS4 they should make it at least on Vita..

I really wish Jeanne d'Arc would get a trophy-enabled release too D: I've never actually played it (no PAL release), but I've liked what I've seen in videos (especially the similiarities to other tactical RPGs).

I really wish Jeanne d'Arc would get a trophy-enabled release too D: I've never actually played it (no PAL release), but I've liked what I've seen in videos (especially the similiarities to other tactical RPGs).

and historical references. Although it is de facto a little bit idealized as befits the modern japan. But instead of it I really recommend you to play Jeanne D'Arc. I would venture to say that PSP is worth buying for this game alone.

• Like 1

I believe that WKC2 is possible, but it's substantially more difficult than the first one given the all-offline nature of the "online" content.  It is theoretically possible to achieve everything that's necessary for the platinum with only the stupid AI help your own support characters give you, but quests like the very final level of the "super dungeon tower" -- my apologies; it's been so long since I've played this game that names simply won't come to mind -- are spectacularly difficult with just the AI and two support characters instead of doing them with five intelligent, all-powerful humans as assistance.

It's not something I'd care to try and do, but it's theoretically possible to be done without any hacking whatsoever.  That being said, I don't have an issue with not requiring it for 100% for this Project Platinum even though I did it.

• Like 1

About time this came out. Put me on the list as Avatar with the original Dark Cloud as my only platinum.

I won't be going for Star King(as I hate White Knight Chronicles and can't get my hands on the Japanese exclusives) but I will be grabbing some of those bonus trophies, mainly Time Travelers(I have 85% completion on Rogue Galaxy and have Dark Cloud 2 for Platinum Rain Day) and maybe Great Sage(since I have NNK and enjoyed the first part of that game). What do you mean by stacks?

Joining as Avatar (White Knight Chronicles), still need to get back to NnK soon.. and then buy the PS2 emulated games.. Will get Rogue Galaxy at least to test how those emulated games work, if I like it I will buy the 2 Dark Cloud.. unless Persona 3 sees an emulation port, then I will use it to test this emulation thing.. Really hate that I don't have any money for gaming now with the awesome sale those 3 games are having on PSN.. :(

The emulation is pretty good save a few tiny unnoticeable graphics glitches. I am not really fond of the fact that these are mere ports and not remakes but then again... I wouldn't have gotten the platinum I have today if it wasn't for a glitch to make weapon synthesis in that game so much easier.

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 2

The emulation is pretty good save a few tiny unnoticeable graphics glitches. I am not really fond of the fact that these are mere ports and not remakes but then again... I wouldn't have gotten the platinum I have today if it wasn't for a glitch to make weapon synthesis in that game so much easier.

Ok, but after playing the FF7 port and it ending up being really bad, specially control wise (each time I would press a directional button twice it would move 4 lines, not 2, while this bug may seam irrelevant, in a game like FF7 where we are in menus 80% of the time, it's a problem and it really ruined the experience greatly.. yet I never saw anyone complaining about it..). I know that FF7 is a steam port, not a PS2 emulated game, but this is why I want to try 1 before diving into them blindly. I just want to make sure for myself that the emulated games run smoothly enough and don't have any serious gameplay problems, some little graphical glitches are normal even on games developed for the actual system, so as long as they aren't to frequent (Fallout 3/NV style..) I will not complain about visuals.

Said that I have been thinking and will try to at least buy Rogue Galaxy during the current sale (since it ends in 2 weeks).

You're welcome, Level-5 makes some great games ^^ Secretly this PP's goal is to get more people to play Rogue Galaxy in particular (especially people who I only ever see mention the Dark Cloud games) :P

P.S. For anyone interested, there's a Rogue Galaxy community event that needs more love here.

Thanks for giving me free publicity. :pimp:

So yeah, if anyone is interested in discussing Rogue Galaxy's plot, supporting each other, and even maybe doing some Insectron, go check out my thread!

• Like 1

All the new bronze ranks added :P

About time this came out. Put me on the list as Avatar with the original Dark Cloud as my only platinum.

I won't be going for Star King(as I hate White Knight Chronicles and can't get my hand son the Japanese exclusives) but I will be grabbing some of those bonus trophies, mainly Time Travelers(I have 85% completion on Rogue Galaxy and have Dark Cloud 2 for Platinum Rain Day) and maybe Great Sage(since I have NNK and enjoyed the first part of that game). What do you mean by stacks?

Thanks for acknowledging the existence of the bonus awards :P This PP will probably have the least amount of those being "given out" since Time Travelers is the only "easy" one this time xD "Stacks" refer to completing the same game again with a different trophy list. In Ni no Kuni's case that means completing both the shared list and the Japanese list.

I'm an Avatar with just the Ni No Kuni plat. I've got Rogue Galaxy in my backlog and plan on getting the Dark Cloud games very soon.

Go play Rogue Galaxy now :D