Do you go for Multiplats and if, why?

Sinthoras_96

Yes, I do double platinums, for two main reasons: 1) I love earning trophies and one of the things that gives me more pleasure in gaming and trophy hunting is to be able to earn the trophies twice for my favourite games (completing "The Last of Us Remastered" was a great experience, after having already done "The Last of Us", like it was redoing the Uncharted games, that on the PS4, even have some more challenge, that encourage the player to approach the game differently, making the experience also different for people who had already completed the PS3 versions); 2) when a game is cross-buy, I feel that I should do both lists, because it's a way of making sure that my money wasn't wasted.

As a final note, I would just like to say that people shouldn't care about what others think about this matter. I know that I'm very proud of my profile and that I wouldn't trade it for any other. If there are things that make a profile "look bad", double platinums aren't certainly one of them.

• Like 3

I've already done it for God of War and Sly Cooper.

I haven't played a Telltale game but if those games are based on making choices and getting the platinum by the story's end then I will definitely buy them for PS3, PS4 and Vita if available.

My only rule is the games have to be short. If I earned a platinum on a game that took over 200 hours to get I certainly do not want to go through all that over again on another platform.

The first Sly Cooper game takes about 3-4 hours to get all trophies and I just couldn't pass it up doing so on another system. The God of War games take about 5-6 hours (depending on how fast you play) to beat and the only frustration was going through the challenges again. Apart from Challenge #10 in the first God of War, nothing is overly difficult.

Obviously. Why would you not? To make yourself seem better about yourself that you don't have multiple copies on your profile? Who is going to care? The Trophy Police?

It isn't really about what others think, it is about what I think. I play video games to have fun, and am I really maximizing the amount of fun I have if I play The Walking Dead on three different systems?  Wouldn't I rather spend my time and money on new experiences?  Everybody's definition of fun is different, but if I look at my profile and see a ton of multiplats or auto-pops or platinums on games I didn't really want to play in the first place, then I think that I am only playing for the trophies.  As one who played games long before trophies were but a glint in Ken Kutaragi's eye, that just wouldn't sit right with me.  Like I said, everybody is different and what others do is of no concern to me, but my profile is a reflection of what I do and that is important to me.

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 3

It isn't really about what others think, it is about what I think. I play video games to have fun, and am I really maximizing the amount of fun I have if I play The Walking Dead on three different systems?  Wouldn't I rather spend my time and money on new experiences?  Everybody's definition of fun is different, but if I look at my profile and see a ton of multiplats or auto-pops or platinums on games I didn't really want to play in the first place, then I think that I am only playing for the trophies.  As one who played games long before trophies were but a glint in Ken Kutaragi's eye, that just wouldn't sit right with me.  Like I said, everybody is different and what others do is of no concern to me, but my profile is a reflection of what I do and that is important to me.

If you have no interest in playing a game you spent enough time to platinum again then you never enjoyed playing it at all. Stop playing bad games and you wouldn't have this problem.

I personally tend to avoid earning two platinums for the same title. I only have a few exceptions to this rule, and so far I've only double-platted one game.

First off, the game has to be fun, I need to be getting some kind of enjoyment out of the game or I'll be making myself needlessly miserable. I'm not saying I won't grind for some trophies/platinums, but I have to enjoy a game overall. It's why I abandoned Blood Drive and Spelunker HD, those games were awful experiences for me. Now onto actually earning two platinums from one game, I've done this with Guacamelee on PS3 and PS4. The PS4 version i.e, the STCE edition has enough differences in the game and trophy list though, that I didn't feel bad about beating the game again for another shiny plat. I plan to pick up the PS4 re-release of The Witch and the Hundred knight, as I enjoyed the PS3 version and the PS4 one has fixed this awful crashing bug it had. Plus the PS4 version has plenty of new content and different trophies, like both versions of Guacamelee.

Edited by James_Tonto

I personally tend to avoid earning two platinums for the same title. I only have a few exceptions to this rule, and so far I've only double-platted one game.

First off, the game has to be fun, I need to be getting some kind of enjoyment out of the game or I'll be making myself needlessly miserable. I'm not saying I won't grind for some trophies/platinums, but I have to enjoy a game overall. It's why I abandoned Blood Drive and Spelunker HD, those games were awful experiences for me. Now onto actually earning two platinums from one game, I've done this with Guacamelee on PS3 and PS4. The PS4 version i.e, the STCE edition has enough differences in the game and trophy list though, that I didn't feel bad about beating the game again for another shiny plat. I plan to pick up the PS4 re-release of The Witch and the Hundred knight, as I enjoyed the PS3 version and the PS4 one has fixed this awful crashing bug it had. Plus the PS4 version has plenty of new content and different trophies, like both versions of Guacamelee.

Good take.

As a God of War fan I couldn't pass up playing the Vita versions, even if the Vita is mostly inferior to PS3/PS4. The games have to be fun but not too long either. Sly Cooper 1 was short and easy enough for small kids to play through. I personally enjoyed it even though it felt like a throwback to old 80s/90s Disney cartoons like Chip N Dale, Talespin and Darkwing Duck.

• Like 1

Good take.

As a God of War fan I couldn't pass up playing the Vita versions, even if the Vita is mostly inferior to PS3/PS4. The games have to be fun but not too long either. Sly Cooper 1 was short and easy enough for small kids to play through. I personally enjoyed it even though it felt like a throwback to old 80s/90s Disney cartoons like Chip N Dale, Talespin and Darkwing Duck.

I don't mind longer games myself. Games like Red Dead Redemption, Dragon Age: Origins, Assassin's Creed or Dead Rising 2. That's just my personal preference though, a good balance of short-long games is probably better. I still have to setup my VITA, which I was given recently, not sure if I want to beat Tearaway and Gravity Rush on both Vita and PS4 yet. But I know I'm not gonna beat the GoW titles on vita as well, once per title is enough for me.  :) I'm also planning to pick up the Sly Trilogy this year, they seem like fun games.

Typically no, as I think it just makes a profile look cheap and bleh.

I dislike seeing profiles that have say.. 20 plats but 6 of them are Sound Shapes and the rest are Telltale lists.

I get it's not my time/money and they don't play to impress me and so on.

Uh, I think awf9495 says it better and less offensively than me.

I do understand why you'd do it for funsies though and I'll probably end up with a few doubles myself just because the game is fun and it's rewarding to see that trophy pop.

I like a good mix of games and it's cool to see the variety of stuff people play and enjoy, 

• Like 1

Not really, only if I really like the game or if it's a game like Sound Shapes or Sly 4, that have free crossplay with auto pop.

I platted the Last of Us (PS3/PS4) twice and I still have dishonored for the PS4 on my backlog (already platted PS3), those are just games that I loved and it's been a while since I played the originals. For me platting those games again is no different from platting a remastered game that I played and loved ages ago before trophies (Resident Evil, Darksiders, Prince of Persia for example).

Edited by Ric

Typically no, as I think it just makes a profile look cheap and bleh.

I dislike seeing profiles that have say.. 20 plats but 6 of them are Sound Shapes and the rest are Telltale lists.

I get it's not my time/money and they don't play to impress me and so on.

Still more pleasant to look at than list of 3 hours skipped VNs... :(

I would prefer if people abused Telltale lists than VNs :/

• Like 3

Still more pleasant to look at than list of 3 hours skipped VNs... :(

Maybe Sony should just add trophies to the Playstation Store - $10 for a plat, $5 for a gold, $1.50 for a silver, and $0.75 for a bronze. The people who run through VN's skipping all text are essentially just paying for trophies anyway.

Maybe Sony should just add trophies to the Playstation Store - $10 for a plat, $5 for a gold, $1.50 for a silver, and $0.75 for a bronze. The people who run through VN's skipping all text are essentially just paying for trophies anyway.

LOL :D

But that would be too much work. You would need to purchase set amount of GSB before Plat DLC is available =D

Sometimes, I usually do them if it's a game I really like or if it's something on sale for multiple platforms. I don't like going out of my way to stack games.

The difference with Telltale is that you have to actually sit through it, there's no skip or fast forward option available (as far as I know). Of course you can just leave the game on, let the timer run out and have all the choices made for you, but that'll still take around 8-10 hours or so. So it's a bit of a chore as opposed to skipping 10 minutes of text in a visual novel.