Do you go for Multiplats and if, why?

Sinthoras_96

I decided recently, that I would double plat some of my favourite games, who have the option to do so ( E.G. Deus Ex: HR or Darksiders 2). But than I realized, that there are much more games on my list and also in my backlog, that have this option. Now I have the problem to differ, which of these games are really worth it. So yeah, thats the story behind this question.

Do you go for Multiplats and if, why? Or: Which factors influence your decision to double/multiplat  a game? 

- Favourite games

- Cross Buy (eg Jack and Daxter HD Collection ) 

- Difficulty/Time ( eg Telltale games are very fast and easy ) 

- Enhanced Experience ( PS4 Remasters )

And an additional question: Do you only go for Multiplats or also Multi100% ( eg Limbo, Journey, Flower....) 

Edited by Sinthoras_96

Nope. If the game still has a PS3 version, then I play on the PS3. Games shared between PS3 and Vita, Vita wins because of the mobility. I still dont own a PS4 (that rumor about a PS4.5 is bugging me...), but I will only buy exclusives for it when I get one (which means that any game shared with the Vita will go for it) and not any of the remastered versions that I already played (for instance, Uncharted trilogy or God of War 3).

Why not? More trophies! :P If I enjoy the game enough to do that, I'll do it. I don't go out of my way to do it, I don't wanna pay lots of extra money to do it. If it's cross-buy, why the heck not?

Edited by MMDE

no because i have a lot of other games i want to play, and by the time i'm done getting a platinum i'm usually tired of the game and wouldn't want to play it again. i do have a few tho, with the ps4 version of a game that i've platinumed on ps3 being released for ps+

Edited by AJC3317

I like to stack yes. It's fun to re-earn all the trophies and pretty refreshing too. Although i can count the games i've done twice (legit, cross save don't count) on one hand. And the most stacks i've done of a game is 3 (dead nation)

Edited by Zone Hunter

I like to for 2 main reasons. One is I'm also a speedrunner and it's fun to see how much faster I can get a plat if I know exactly what to expect and plan a route for it. The other is if I do stackable plats its usually getting the US version of a game I imported. There's usually enough time in between that I'll actually feel like re-playing it + get something more out of it from understanding the text.

I only have two, more than trophies it's because I feel that the remaster edition has at least something, but games 100% identical I wouldn't buy.

Those games are: Sleeping dogs. All packaged in one disc.

And the first and best example of a good remaster version Metro Dual pack.

So i wouldn't rebuy Lego games, tales of zestiria, the last of us, etc.

I did multiplat with three games: 

1.- Sound Shapes: played it simultaneously on Vita and PS3 to get the first (and second) plat. I was doing some missions on each console until the plat came out. I later autopopped all the trophies on the PS4 version (that was actually quite stupid).

2.- The walking dead, season 1: I first completed the game on my PS3. Then got a PS4 and bought the second season on a sale. Since I couldn't find a way to transfer my decisions from the first season (PS3) in order to start the second one (PS4), I waited and bought season 1 again on a sale for the PS4 to play both seasons in a row with my decisions carried over.

3.- Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare: bought the game day one and platted it on my PS3. Some time later I got the PS4 version for free. Liked the game so much I went for the second platinum. 

Yas.

Cross buys I'd do because I'm getting 2 versions of the game, may as well do them both.

Cross saves I'd do because free trophies are free.

Remakes/re-releases I do every now and then when it's stuff like GTA when they add a whole bunch of new shit and I feel like replaying it again and I'd rather have the latest version.

Other ones like Walking Dead and shit I've done on all 3 consoles because I had S1 on PS3 but sold it, then it came to Vita and I wanted to go it again and it was on sale digitally, then the PS4 version came out and I wanted a physical copy of the game in my stack. Generally though I'm only gonna buy the game once, unless it's like a decent effort of a remake like GTA V.

I can't stand playing through most games more than once anymore. I don't feel the need to acquire multiple copies of a game either and I haven't found a cross buy game I liked enough to plat once let alone a second time. As for other games, if I ever feel inclined to replay something again for whatever reason I made a secondary account so if I'm bored enough I can get the trophies all over again.

I don't double dip, I like to have all my platinums unique from each other. Plus if I wanna play again, I'll just put in back in my system. I'm not about to spend money again on a game to own it on Vita if I already have a perfectly good PS3 copy.

This

Although I am slightly tempted to plat Catherine a 2nf time for S&G. 

Edited by Hemiak

I did it for TWD and The Wolf Among Us but more so to have a PS4 save file for the next seasons. That is if there ever is another Wolf? :(

Edit: Also did it for Diablo III but the PS4 version is so much better than the PS3 one. I couldn't not double dip...

Edited by Splathew

All the options you mentioned.

- Favourite games

Demon's Souls, Metal Gear and Project DIVA series.

- Cross Buy 

Sound Shapes (Vita, PS3 and PS4) Journey, Flower. Games are pretty fun, easy and FREE.  Journey is a Masterpiece and I keep playing it from time to time. No vita realease though :(

- Difficulty/Time

The Walking Dead. I got it very cheap thanks to a sale so I went for the easy trophies once again picking up different paths/choices.

- Enhanced Experience.

Dark Souls II and I'm also planning getting Guacamelee, Tomb Raider  and the Uncharted trilogy.

I got a multiplat for PSA:BR because it was free, and I wanted to break-in my Vita. Recently, I got a multiplat for Disgaea 3, although a decent amount of content was added to the Vita version compared to the PS3. As for future multiplats, I doubt I will aside from Disgaea 4, although I did consider getting another 100% for Citizens of Earth.