Sound Shapes.... so close yet so far..

Infected Elite

I have 3 levels left on this game. Each one is hard on its own and has tested my patience. Driven me nuts.

Any tips on a strategy to beat them would be helpful. Other than luck. I know some is involved.

I have

Death mode: event horizon 1. (The whole X Lazer while having to swim or sink plus jump to collect notes is nearly impossible. Spent 4 hours. Came close with 1 left at 2 seconds. On the other side of level....)

Death mode: invaderoids

Hard as hell. No good strategy. 37 seconds for a handful of notes (10). The damn ROB robot heads are dumb. The Lazer goes just overy and skins me dead.

Death mode: galaxnoids.

Having to dodge the Lazer ships while jumping is a pain. Also when jumping UP to middle purple safe bubble lol half the time my jump falls just short.

This platinum feels so close. But so far away. Tips?

It's purely luck, like Willstown said. You just have to grind it until the randomness gives you a run where the nodes spawn right next to you, again and again and again. 

Technique-wise, and I'm sure you've realised this if you've done the other death mode levels, pay attention to the rhythm of each level. With enough practice, you'll know without having to really pay attention when it's safe to move and won't encounter hazards. 

Thanks guys. I know the rhythms get easier to memorize the more notes I get. I'll keep plugging at it. Definitely going to take a lot of breaks or something.

Also I won't smash a controller. Promised myself I wouldn't.

Maybe when I have lots of free time, say 5 hours. I'll just play one level infinitely until I get it done. Whether I get one level in 5 hours or all 3 luckily in 5. It'll get done..

Do not try and grind these out playing over and over again for hours, the rage this game can cause does not help.  Take breaks and come back to it and you'll get it eventually.  Its skill and luck based but if you got this far with only 3 left to get you'll get them in the end.

Do not try and grind these out playing over and over again for hours, the rage this game can cause does not help.  Take breaks and come back to it and you'll get it eventually.  Its skill and luck based but if you got this far with only 3 left to get you'll get them in the end.

Actually yeah you have a good point. I'll take this advice. Seeing as I just played about 30 minutes at random on one of the levels. Didn't get it. Was getting annoyed and just shut it off. Rinse and repeat until I get it. It's bound to happen eventually.

• Like 1

My question is fairly off topic but I'm very curious  :lol: I've seen some ppl that have 4 different ps4 trophy lists of sound shapes on their profiles...how is that possible ?

You can get 3 from just the different consoles (PS3 / PSVITA / PS4), but then there are four regions for the PS4 version all with separate trophy lists which is a grand total of 6. (Hong Kong, Japan, USA, EU iirc)

Edited by Griffon234
  • Like 1

I didn't have much trouble with any of those levels 10-15 mins of playing each level.  But since you asked for some strategies, here are my tips 

1)  Event Horizon 1 - remember you can hit square to make you drop faster and jump upwards is faster than just moving up

2)  Invaderoids - you can land on the middle blue platform - let the 2 bottom heads fire and then jump onto them before the platform disappears (this drops the bottom heads and makes them easier to reach)

3)  Galaxnoids - you don't have to always go over the top of the purple blob, you can go under as well which can shave some seconds off

Every minute you spend on a level will improve your skills on that level, so I wouldn't move on from a level until you have completed it.

Above all else though, enjoy it, if you cloud sync each silver is worth 3  :D

You can get 3 from just the different consoles (PS3 / PSVITA / PS4), but then there are four regions for the PS4 version all with separate trophy lists which is a grand total of 6. (Hong Kong, Japan, USA, EU iirc)

All right, but I kind of knew that already  :lol: I should have been more specific, how do you get these 4 lists on yor profile ?

You buy the other regions with alternate PSN accounts, download them to your PS4, and then autopops the trophies.

??? OMG that's craziness....only a real trophy slu'd do that 

Edit: I just saw that you have them xD I mean no disrespect at all, just to be clear :)

Edited by Re-LoreLink

All I can say its practice makes perfect. Just keep practicing the levels eventually you'll get use to the level, try a level a day and take breaks as this game can cause rage and its luck based sometimes.

Robot level you can hide out on the side or jump to avoid lasers.

Death mode galaxnoids play patience and when you jump to other side go top right wait until the robots fire then jump

Death mode: event horizon hold square to move faster be careful of the laser

• 9 months later...

I'm currently in the same boat, and unfortunately am struggling with the three levels the TC is talking about.

I haven't tried all the Death Mode levels, but I know for Purgatory #1 I finished with exactly 0.0 seconds left. Barely made it, and 9 times out of 10 it's usually a sequence of getting a piece on the bottom end of one water flow, then going to the other bottom end on the other one.

Cities was essentially waiting until the pieces were close together, and many attempts were simply losing with just one or two pieces left because it just so happened to spawn on the opposite end of my TV screen.

It's crap like this that makes me wonder why I became a trophy hunter.

Just now, fastflowdaman said:

And as soon as you've done it you suddenly know it again.

Got the platinum a few hours ago. 

It's one thing for a game to be extremely challenging but doable with high skills. It's another thing to make something almost entirely luck based, to where you just have to wait for a lucky run.

Just now, Spaz said:

Got the platinum a few hours ago. 

It's one thing for a game to be extremely challenging but doable with high skills. It's another thing to make something almost entirely luck based, to where you just have to wait for a lucky run.

Of course it is true that the feeling of reward is much higher if the challenge is skill-based. But finishing a game a 100% nearly always feels good thanks to dopamine.

Plus Sound Shapes still is a mixture of skill and luck.

• 11 months later...

Probably you already got it but whoever is struggling with Event Horizon 1 this is what I did:

First, I put some paper in a shape of a X on my TV to mark the lasers (necessary to help you with lasers)

Second, press X, X, X fast to pass the beams if you are at the bottom or Square to go down really fast.

Third, when you cros sides press up immediately, this could save you for touching the lasers.

And last, it's all about the spawns cause some times you did everything right but the green dots appeared too far.

Good luck!

On 4/29/2016 at 10:37 AM, LegacyJKO09 said:

I have 3 levels left on this game. Each one is hard on its own and has tested my patience. Driven me nuts.

Any tips on a strategy to beat them would be helpful. Other than luck. I know some is involved.

I have

Death mode: event horizon 1. (The whole X Lazer while having to swim or sink plus jump to collect notes is nearly impossible. Spent 4 hours. Came close with 1 left at 2 seconds. On the other side of level....)

Death mode: invaderoids

Hard as hell. No good strategy. 37 seconds for a handful of notes (10). The damn ROB robot heads are dumb. The Lazer goes just overy and skins me dead.

Death mode: galaxnoids.

Having to dodge the Lazer ships while jumping is a pain. Also when jumping UP to middle purple safe bubble lol half the time my jump falls just short.

This platinum feels so close. But so far away. Tips?

Not sure if you're aware of this but you can cloud sync your save from one console to another console & it carries over your trophies. Say for example you have 87 trophies on the ps3 version but only 50 on the ps4, if you cloud sync your save from the ps3 to the ps4 then any trophies you have on the ps3 that you don't have on the ps4 will carry over to the ps4 & you'll get them straight away