[DELETED]

rmpgaming

I cringe when I see titles like this one.

The thing is, not having 100% on a particular game and really wanting to get it does not make someone OCD.

There is a lot of online pressure, especially from websites like this one where some people might feel inferior if they (for example) cannot 100% Sound Shapes, this of course does not make them OCD, they just feel inferior and think it's a form of OCD when it is not.

Real OCD sufferers would first check to see if the game could be completed (probably checking at least 3 times) and then they would weigh up the chances of them being able to 100% the game, if they felt it was not overly easy then they probably wouldn't even touch the game in the first place, because they know how it would make them feel if they couldn't 100% it.

Simply being unable to complete a game and asking for help by saying you suffer with OCD doth butter no parsnips with me.

No offence intended, just my 2 cents.

Didn't the OP say that?

"It's got to the point now that I research a game's trophy list before purchase and if there's a trophy I consider 'impossible', then I won't play it"

People are really over-reacting to the term OCD, lol.

It's just like saying 'that's awesome' when it hasn't really filled you with a sense of awe, or something is 'retarded' when that's clearly incorrect usage. Younger generations always manipulate words to become hyperbolic terms, it's really not worth getting picky over. 

Edited by Baggers

Hi all, as one of you mentioned I haven't checked in I feel I have to post. I've had a really busy few days with some family stuff so I guess this post was sorta at the back of my mind. However, I have been reading everything everyone replies and cannot thank you all enough for the helpful advice you've posted. I've taken everything into account and am going to mix all your advice together to try and tackle the issue. Again I apologise for not replying, I have been checking what you've all written and look forward to any more advice that anyone might want to add in the future.

• Like 2

Send me a friend request. Psn:Infamousking27. I will try to help u boost. If not I will play to help u get it done faster. Also I can help be a boosting partner

Send me a friend request. Psn:Infamousking27. I will try to help u boost. If not I will play to help u get it done faster. Also I can help be a boosting partner

Don't be afraid to join us on the other side. Most of us will never have a 100% profiles and we do not judge in fact we sympathize. I wont even bother with Bioshock 2 rebirth trophy because it will take another 15 hours of boosting.  If I was selecting games based on if I thought I could finish them rather than if I could 100% them then I would have missed out on playing a lot of great games.  I'll admit I prefer games that are easy but for the reason stated below, not because I want a 100%.

Like the others have said, gaming should be fun, not a source of stress and anguish. Maybe put down the controller for a while and put together a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.

Edited by audiopile

Life's too short mang! On your deathbed is your biggest regret gonna be not maintaining a 100% profile? What about when the servers get shut down or Sony stop manufacturing? What if there was a complete system overhaul and all your worthless progress is lost? Your brain has become wired in such a way that isn't healthy. Just try to enjoy games again. I'd say your at the point where even a simple task as enjoying games again is gonna be tough, but try focus on why you play games now vs then and when you enjoyed gaming the most.

Let it Go bro.. just let it go.

believe me, I was just like you back in the ps1 and ps2 Era at least. then I took an arrow to my knee when we got the ps3, some games can be 100% ingame and trophies, other can be 100% ingame but the trophies is a different story.

since I was a completionist junkie I wanted everything involving video games in my PSN ID to read 100%..

then I played killzone 2 and never managed to beat it on the highest difficulty plus those darn online trophies.

then came these games that I really loved and like to play them with my brother for fun but didn't cared about the trophies.

and most important, the DLC bull$hit!.... you work your bones to 100% a game, sleep well, next day you woke up and see your percentage drop to 90 or 70% with a new trophies complete with a trollface flashing and dissappearing at top speed on your TV screen. just let it go man, you'll gonna get over it, i still love to get everything in games but only the ones I like or found it easy for me to 100% but still I mostly avoide buying the DLC's.

• Like 2

People are really over-reacting to the term OCD, lol.

It's just like saying 'that's awesome' when it hasn't really filled you with a sense of awe, or something is 'retarded' when that's clearly incorrect usage. Younger generations always manipulate words to become hyperbolic terms, it's really not worth getting picky over. 

Well the thing is OCD is a very serious condition and it isn't cool when people throw it around to describe their quirks.

We shouldn't let younger generations have a pass on Word Usage. We should teach them that words have power and we should use them correctly.

• Like 2

Well the thing is OCD is a very serious condition and it isn't cool when people throw it around to describe their quirks.

We shouldn't let younger generations have a pass on Word Usage. We should teach them that words have power and we should use them correctly.

Nobody is making fun of an actual OCD sufferer by saying it, though, and it arguably raises more awareness of the existence of the condition. So that's no negatives, and a small positive if you want to count that, it's just that people are choosing to be offended on behalf of someone else. I mean, this is like calling someone out for saying 'damn I must be blind, my keys were here all along', because of others with conditions causing deteriorated eyesight. I just see it as unnecessary bubble-wrapping from something that's not even offensive in the first place.

You should just stop whining and go do it. Finish it off and then NEVER, EVER do it again if your completion rate matters that much to you. I mean, looking at your profile, at this point, you REALLY should know better not to add those online trophies/games. FC2, BadCompany or even UC3 (9.000, 10.002 kills, Hoarder/Collector treasure sets). Isn't it screamingly obvious that those tasks will obliterate the FUN in video-games? And like others above said, that's also the time you'd be investing in playing many other great games.

Edited by Nebakk
  • Like 1