[DELETED]

rmpgaming

Play something online trophies, but switched off servers. So, with a profile that can never be 100%, you break this stigma of keeping it always like this. It will bother you at first, but then you get used to it.

Well I would see a therapist to help you get over it.

I am also not a fan of people throwing OCD around as it is a very serious condition. Wanting to 100% a game and not being able to sleep because the game is not at 100% are 2 different things.

Maybe that is you...but I just see those initials thrown around way too loosely and it bugs me.

I agree with Dr_Mayus. You have a REAL OCD behavior, disregard someone who says he has OCD for liking something tidy.
Edited by ElBolovo

What's important is your family. The day you lose those precious to you, and realize you wasted ALL your time on 100% games....

Play something else for a while that doesn't have any trophies or achievements.  I played an awesome game for around 4 months (and still go back to now) that has no trophies and it got me in a mentality towards games where fun has become the priority.  The moment I stop having fun is the moment I move on to something different.

Even a step away from gaming would help, maybe do something else that brings enjoyment and fulfillment in your life.

• Like 2

Sounds exactly the same as me. I even deleted my first PSN account because I ran into a game I found too difficult (damn you Final Fantasy X-2!) and started my current one. Now I research games before playing them. That being said, if there's a game I'm extremely hyped about (Uncharted 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy XV) for instance, then I'm gonna have to play it regardless of trophies and hope that they're not too difficult. I keep telling myself that if, one day, I'm unable to complete a game, I won't delete my profile.

I have the same problem, The Last of Us dlc trophies are really getting on my nerves (i hate boosting sessions), but that won't stop me from playing other games. I'm currently trying to clear my profile from ps3 games, but i'm short on time, so i'm just playing games i really enjoy, like Dark Souls (my favorite) and Resident Evil 0.

Keep in mind that you'll have some nice rare trophies after you finish planetside, you don't need to finish it at once, play other games along the way, it's not worth wasting the other platinums. I already considered creating another psn, but i don't want to lose my 91 plats, tlou is the only games that'll give me trouble, i already made 100% on Metal Gear Rising on xbox 360, and the other games on my profile are really easy compared to it, i'll just give time to time and my 100% will arrive.

Play a couple hours every week, that way the game won't drive you crazy. It's an online only PS4 game, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Just keep at it consistently and you'll get there. I understand the struggle, I sympathize.

Good luck

• Like 1

Start an easy game. Something super easy though (like Magus or Megamind or something along those lines). Get the first trophy or two. Then, leave it. DO NOT come back to it until a few months or even a year later. You'll then pass it/platinum it and then think to yourself "How did I never plat this game before?" With this, you'll be like "that was easy" and then you'll feel motivation to pass an even harder game (in your case PlanetSide 2) because your mind will think all games you haven't gone back to might be as easy as the last one.

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

So as I stated in the title, I really suffer from 100% OCD. As you will see if you check my profile, I have a 100% completion rate with a few games in progress. I've always been a completionist, back when trophies weren't a thing I'd spend hours and hours in games like FFIX trying to get 100% (including really tough, repetitive minigames that required hours of time just for a meaningless, token key item). This has translated into modern gaming where I simply must 100% every game I play. It's got to the point now that I research a game's trophy list before purchase and if there's a trophy I consider 'impossible', then I won't play it (TES Online is a good example of this).

Now, my problem is; a friend convinced me to play PlanetSide 2 with him which if any of you know, is basically a 1000 hour+ 100% (doesn't have a platinum). And I caved, instead of being my usual self and saying "Hell no! That's too tough a platinum" I played. And now I'm at 50% and after two months of non-stop play I am nowhere near 100% and it's really getting me down. I can't play other games because I have to 100% a game before moving onto the next. A game has never bothered me as much as this has. I'm really not enjoying the game and tbh trying to get 1000+ hours of a multiplayer shooter is really wearing thin. However, instead of just doing what any normal person would do and just put the game down and move on, the fact that it isn't at 100% is really bothering me. It's not impossible, it just requires so much time that I really am not enjoying dedicating to the game. I've always played games I like and always enjoyed 100%ing games as a hobby but this time it's become really laborious. I've even considered starting a new PSN but that's the point where I realised I need to ask for help.

Please, can anyone advise me how to get over this problem? Please no insensitive comments. I get it, it's a meaningless trophy list. Believe me, I'm obsessed but not stupid. But my own demons and obsessive compulsiveness are really getting me down and I'd like to move on. Do I just keep going with this game or admit that 100% is putting too much pressure on myself?

I would feel like this, (although not to your extent) over quite a few games. I ended up breaking that feeling a fair bit when I realized that I had games I could never platinum due to server closure, such as SBK X and FEAR 2. I also research trophy lists before playing because I don't want to undertake an impossible platinum so I sort of know how you feel. When I get stuck on a long grindy game, I chip away at it each day for an hour or so then I play something I enjoy for the rest of my gaming time. Just rinse and repeat. It also helps when you have a good team of people to play with to keep things interesting. Maybe that will help you.

I think you have a serious addiction, and that's something that can only get you trouble.

You should really get some help with that disorder. OCD is a serious problem that can stem into other areas of your life. It might just be with gaming, but the mental wear-off can be excessive to the point of being hazardous to your health.

Also, definitely work to lay off that stupid online 100% shit. It's not worth to spend that humongous amount of time doing something like that.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 2

A couple of days ago I read this thread on here about this kid who mistakenly got flagged for cheating on trophies. It was advised to him to hide the game on his profile. I'm not sure how or when you can hide games on your profile if they have more than 0% but it's worth looking into how to do that if you think that could help you. Hiding the game won't effect your completion percentage but it might help if you don't have to look at it all the time.

Aside from that you can play other games and every now and then go back to this one. As you've stated above you have several games in progress so it should be ok for you to play something else too.

I mean... You can always hide games right? Eventually as you play games, the ones you've hidden will go so far down in your list that you don't remember them. I've hidden some games and I can't even remember all the ones I have, bar a few. I mean, you don't just browse your trophy list from top to bottom on a daily basis right? Who does that LOL? You'll forget, and your trophy card will say 100%. Apart from that, you can just boot up a broken game, like an old FIFA game, or an old NBA game, and you'll never get 100% again, and you'll just move on from it.

I can advise you to come back to this game later if you are forcing yourself so much to get 100% lol and play something else instead for now, I like to be completionist myself but I always enjoyed those 100-200h grinds in some games ^_^ never played 1000h game required for platinum thou.

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742

Sounds like you need a break and re-evaluate why you play games.

Not going to judge people who miss out on games because it will be too hard/long for the trophies, most of us here love getting trophies, plats and 100% in games we love. But sometimes you have to sit down and think..I'm not going to play a game because its too hard or long to get a trophy? Take a break from games and forget about it for a while. Gaming and trophies are both meant to be for fun, not a stress inducing job. And good luck whatever you choose to do from the advise in this thread     :)

Edited by VitalFury
  • Like 1

I'm a little OCD myself, to be honest. I'm a neat freak for one and numbers play a HUGE role in my life. But, if you look at my profile, you don't see 100%. Why? I was playing Skyrim, I totally was doing EVERYTHING you could think of! I had spent over 300 hours running around, exploring every nook and cranny, when all-of-a-sudden, the unthinkable happened....the game froze! I rebooted it, played a little and bam! It froze again! I rebooted, played, it froze! I tried over and over but the game wouldn't stop freezing. Eventually, I just couldn't take it anymore and I uninstalled the game. :(  I was crushed....until some new games came out and I forgot about it. In an instant, I was cured of my Gaming OCD. To this day, when I look at other people's profiles and I see they have the Skyrim 100%, it bothers me. But then I remind myself of the frustration I experienced and I quickly forget about it. So bud, in my experience, MOVE ON. Tell yourself that it actually is Beyond Your Control. You have NO power when it comes to online multiplayer games. You can't magically make everyone decide to play Planetside2 (I actually had the game on my pc and I deleted it!).

It's time for a new challenge. Pick up a new game, preferably a non-online game, and get gaming! Play a Role-Playing Game like The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4. Get absorbed by the fantasy world within and remind yourself why you enjoy gaming! Remember: You only have ONE life. We all have little time on this planet so make it count! Enjoy L-I-F-E! ;)

• Like 1