Trophy Percentage

If you want to check your percentage in function of other trophy hunters, come here.

If you want to compare them worldwide, boot up your ps4 and open your trophy list.

The way I see it, is you have both... Best of both worlds, right? ;)

Edited by colia100

You'd have to sync the trophies to the site which I think Sony wouldn't want also you have people who don't want their info online.

From what I know, SONY is weird about letting info like that available for sites to use.

We already use the same database I'm pretty sure.

Because PSNProfiles isn't affiliated with SONY and we dont want all our trophies to be ultra rare. 

Affiliation has nothing to do with it?

I prefer to compare my stats to other trophy hunters, casual games who play shooters/GTA/Minecraft all year around (which btw is roughly 50% of all modern gamers) who might've booted up other games, only to quit playing those games after 15 minutes... Will only skew the statistics of trophies to being more rare.

Having a Ultra Rare that even other Trophy Hunters don't have = much more rewarding and prestigious.

• Like 3

Is there a reason that the trophy percentages are used from the PSN Profiles community and not the whole PS community? Percentages could be easily fetched from Sony's end.

The database for PSNP is only made up of those who put their username into the system through the home page. The developers on this site probably could just fetch the rarity displayed on the PS4 for each trophy, similar to how they already do it.

HOWEVER, the meaning of rarity on this site would practically be useless. As someone already mentioned, 90% of your trophies would probably be either very rare or ultra rare. This site practically filters out all the abandoned, unused, and alternate test accounts to have a more accurate portrayal of the difficulty of the trophy.

• Like 3

The database for PSNP is only made up of those who put their username into the system through the home page. The developers on this site probably could just fetch the rarity displayed on the PS4 for each trophy, similar to how they already do it.

HOWEVER, the meaning of rarity on this site would practically be useless. As someone already mentioned, 90% of your trophies would probably be either very rare or ultra rare. This site practically filters out all the abandoned, unused, and alternate test accounts to have a more accurate portrayal of the difficulty of the trophy.

On the contrary I would rather compare against the world, not solely against people that can spend their entire lives collecting trophies.

Edited by monseiurpatty

The day Sony made official rarities for trophies I think it was me that made a tread asking about this very thing, in the end the reason we kept PSNP rarities was because there were way too many trophies that were just ultra rare and 0.01% on PSN - which would basically make the rarity system valueless here on this site. To me it looks like Sony definitely looked at PSNProfile's rarity system when implementing their own official rarity system (you can see the same exact names classifications, percent tiers used, etc) and they didn't expect a good bit of their trophies to be ultra rare and 0.01% with 80 million+ more users registered in their database.

As far as having it show the official PSN rarity on mouseover or the PSNP rarity or something like that, I think Sly said the process of getting those official numbers were a bit more of a difficult process than regular trophy stats and numbers and he wasn't able to currently extract those numbers. I don't remember what he said exactly though, maybe requiring a dev console or a cracked console or something like that? Not sure about exactly what he said. :P

On the contrary I would rather compare against the world, not solely against people that can spend their entire lives collecting trophies.

You can already do that on your PS4. You can also do that if you get a Vita. And you can also do that on the iOS and android Playstation apps.

If you really want to compare yourself against the world, do it one of those places but know the overwhelming majority of those people aren't comparing themselves to you. On this site they are.

That's a big part of why most people are here. I'd rather see how I stack up to like-minded individuals who care about trophies.

• Like 1

The stats here represent the PSNP community, a group of gamers I share far more in common with than the entire Sony world. Most people in Sony's stats don't have the passion and interest in gaming that we have here. Some kind of trophy hunting ambition must have led you to this site so enjoy it for what it is.

• Like 2

Then why do you even have an account on a trophy hunting site? Just use your PS4 to look at the global trophy rarity. Nobody here has spent their entire lives collecting trophies, that is a ridiculous hyperbole. You think I got the 500+ PS3/PS4/Vita games I own for free? No, I got them from working and earning money, just like nearly everyone else on the site. You just seem salty man, about what? not quite sure.  :hmm:

Edited by skateak