Your Next Game - The Lottery 5 (event closed)

I think as a mark of solidarity, we should all buy and play Razing Storm with Clawz  :ninja:

I was keeping my mouth shut, but I have already ordered it.  I must be the only person who watched the trailer and thought that looks ace. 

As soon as the 17GB update finishes, I am diving in!

Start on death march mode straight away.  A bit difficult until you get used to the game, but the best way to play it imo.  Enjoy.

• Like 2

Am I right in thinking that OlliOlli 2 was free on PS+?  Might have it on my download list if that's the case.

What makes it so hard?  Think I might check it out if I have it.

Olliolli 2 really isn't that hard at all tbh. It's definitely very easy considering it's rarity.

• Like 1

Where is my game? Where do I get it?

If you had PS+ in March 2015, it was one of the free games :)

Interesting fact:  OlliOlli 2 was also a free game for that month and is also part of the lottery

(OK, so maybe it's not that much of an interesting fact) 

I've checked your region Playstation Store and it's 229.0 Rand

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-za/games/sherlock-holmes-crimes-and-punishments/cid=EP4133-NPEB01959_00-SH7CRIMESHDDFULP

I was keeping my mouth shut, but I have already ordered it.  I must be the only person who watched the trailer and thought that looks ace. 

Out of all the games chosen, I think I would've wanted Razing Storm the least, purely because of the online grind.  Far Cry 2 and Uncharted 3 killed online grinding for me.

I couldn't help notice that you're playing OlliOlli2 and I feel like you're joining in with us all ^_^  Any plans to play any of the other games?  I noticed you had LittleBigPlanet on your list so if you want to revisit that, we could maybe do co-op ;)

• Like 1

If you had PS+ in March 2015, it was one of the free games :)

Interesting fact:  OlliOlli 2 was also a free game for that month and is also part of the lottery

(OK, so maybe it's not that much of an interesting fact) 

I've checked your region Playstation Store and it's 229.0 Rand

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-za/games/sherlock-holmes-crimes-and-punishments/cid=EP4133-NPEB01959_00-SH7CRIMESHDDFULP

Out of all the games chosen, I think I would've wanted Razing Storm the least, purely because of the online grind.  Far Cry 2 and Uncharted 3 killed online grinding for me.

I couldn't help notice that you're playing OlliOlli2 and I feel like you're joining in with us all ^_^  Any plans to play any of the other games?  I noticed you had LittleBigPlanet on your list so if you want to revisit that, we could maybe do co-op ;)

let me know if you need someone for coop bubbles. still need them for lbp ps3

• Like 1

First Impressions (Uncharted Drakes Fortune)

First of all I'm glad I got the first game in the Uncharted series because I normally start from the beginning when playing a series.

I had the collection for about half a year now. I bought it by a buy 3 pay 2 offer at a Saturn (that's an electronic market in Germany if you don't know that ;)). Together with that game I bought Fallout 4 and Far Cry 4 (A lot of fours there :holy: ) So I got actually five games for the price of two (all three Uncharted games). The first game I played from these three was Fallout 4 than Far Cry 4, where I got platinum :dunno: , and now the Nathan Drake collection.

Now to the game

I only played to the end of chapter 2 and I like what I've seen so far. The combat is like The Last of Us's combat which is good. The exploration part is more what I want in this game though as I'm not that into shooter games.

In my opinion Nathan is a bit slow and could be faster but you get used to it. I also think I missed allready 10 treasures cause I only got two so far which were very close together :dunno:.

More will come when I played more but I have to finish Bully while plying Uncharted.

• Like 4

First Impressions (Uncharted Drakes Fortune)

First of all I'm glad I got the first game in the Uncharted series because I normally start from the beginning when playing a series.

I had the collection for about half a year now. I bought it by a buy 3 pay 2 offer at a Saturn (that's an electronic market in Germany if you don't know that ;)). Together with that game I bought Fallout 4 and Far Cry 4 (A lot of fours there :holy: ) So I got actually five games for the price of two (all three Uncharted games). The first game I played from these three was Fallout 4 than Far Cry 4, where I got platinum :dunno: , and now the Nathan Drake collection.

Now to the game

I only played to the end of chapter 2 and I like what I've seen so far. The combat is like The Last of Us's combat which is good. The exploration part is more what I want in this game though as I'm not that into shooter games.

In my opinion Nathan is a bit slow and could be faster but you get used to it. I also think I missed allready 10 treasures cause I only got two so far which were very close together :dunno:.

More will come when I played more but I have to finish Bully while plying Uncharted.

Uncharted is one of my favorite game series, so it's great to see someone playing it for the first time ^_^  

• Like 1

Online grinds don't really bother me tbh as long as there is a good community playing it.  I have given up on a lot of them just because the online community for the game sucks, or I have come to the game just too late to find players.  I know I will never plat Razing Storm but it looked like fun to me.  I am gutted that I came too late for Far Cry 2, the multiplayer I played was so much fun but not enough people playing at the time and I can't be bothered going back (despite all the people still trying for the plat)

I am actually playing Tales of Xillia 2 at the moment - it's just I haven't earned any trophies yet :( .  I turned on OlliOlli2 and earned a trophy in like a second (don't know why people are saying it is so hard - Cassiopria will have no problems with this game).  I will be playing all the games on the lottery (that I haven't platted yet) so yes I will be up for LBP fun (I might have to find the game though it's soooooooo old)

• Like 2

Online grinds don't really bother me tbh as long as there is a good community playing it.  I have given up on a lot of them just because the online community for the game sucks, or I have come to the game just too late to find players.  I know I will never plat Razing Storm but it looked like fun to me.  I am gutted that I came too late for Far Cry 2, the multiplayer I played was so much fun but not enough people playing at the time and I can't be bothered going back (despite all the people still trying for the plat)

I am actually playing Tales of Xillia 2 at the moment - it's just I haven't earned any trophies yet :( .  I turned on OlliOlli2 and earned a trophy in like a second (don't know why people are saying it is so hard - Cassiopria will have no problems with this game).  I will be playing all the games on the lottery (that I haven't platted yet) so yes I will be up for LBP fun (I might have to find the game though it's soooooooo old)

I think you just made my day with the line I've made bold ^_^  I really admire your ethos when it comes to gaming and with you playing all the games on the lottery...I think that's the sense of community spirit and fun that eff intended with the events.  Indeed it's been great the number of people who have come on the thread offering help and words of support.

I think with really ultra rare games, it's easy to look at them and fall under the guise of ultra rare = really difficult, but that's not always the case.  I imagine with a game like OlliOlli 2, there will be a learning curve but once you've got the controls down the more you play, the easier it gets :)  

• Like 1

I'm jealous that you have your game already but hope you have a great time playing it :D

So, just to assist Eff (and cos I'm a nosy old bint) I'm guessing this is where we are up to with games purchased/obtained

Edunstar84 - Remember Me - Will be getting in the next few days  :yay:

NerdRage04 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game obtained  :dance:

effdeegee - Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland - Game priced up (and maybe ordered?)  :yay:

Mesopithecus - LittleBigPlanet - Game purchased and awaiting delivery  :jaymon:

MarkusT1992 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered - Game obtained  :dance:

ee28max - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments - Awaiting update  :dunno: 

Chemergy - Final Fantasy X HD - Game obtained  :dance:

Cassiopria - OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood - Awaiting update  :dunno:

Quickdrawjoe - Sword Art Online: Long Song - Game purchased and awaiting delivery  :jaymon: 

HcG Clawz - Razing Storm - Awaiting update  :dunno: 

(woah that's so many emoticons - there were no gold stars though for people who have their game)

I think as a mark of solidarity, we should all buy and play Razing Storm with Clawz  :ninja:

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-meme_68_pa

A lottery Razing Storm boosting group sounds fun xD

Start on death march mode straight away.  A bit difficult until you get used to the game, but the best way to play it imo.  Enjoy.

Death ye who enter here!

Game arrived earlier, along with Razing Storm. Was pretty surprised because they were expected to get here on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Death to you as well!

What is this hair-swish thing about?

See below

It's about- 

Protecting the world from devastation!

Uniting all peoples within our nation!

Denouncing the evils of truth and love!

Extending our reach to the stars above!

The boosting group I got together for Razing Storm is pretty ace (I know I'm awesome).  Today we almost had a full lobby (8 people) which is unheard of and there were at least 3 randoms online as well.  I think the hair swish has revived Razing Storm.  All hail the Hair Swish! Long live the Hair Swish!

• Like 1

The boosting group I got together for Razing Storm is pretty ace (I know I'm awesome).  Today we almost had a full lobby (8 people) which is unheard of and there were at least 3 randoms online as well.  I think the hair swish has revived Razing Storm.  All hail the Hair Swish! Long live the Hair Swish!

So is the MP just a grind, not really skill based?  Do you all wear mic for the banter?  Why isn't everybody in the world playing this game!!   Also, what is your plastic gimmick of choice?

I think you just made my day with the line I've made bold ^_^  I really admire your ethos when it comes to gaming and with you playing all the games on the lottery...I think that's the sense of community spirit and fun that eff intended with the events.  Indeed it's been great the number of people who have come on the thread offering help and words of support.

I think with really ultra rare games, it's easy to look at them and fall under the guise of ultra rare = really difficult, but that's not always the case.  I imagine with a game like OlliOlli 2, there will be a learning curve but once you've got the controls down the more you play, the easier it gets :)

Well, difficulty is for everyone different. For example i really had no trouble with Surgeon Simulator while quite a lot of people say that game is to hard. So some people might have trouble with it. But for this games rarity is just because of PS+.

• Like 1

Need a little insight, I played for a few hour of The Witcher to get a feel for it and now I am starting on Death March to play the game for realzies.

I read that the missable Gwent cards start to appear when I reach Novigraad, but when are they considered missable during the main quest?

Where is the point of no return in the game for missable trophies and romance related trophies? Is it when I get on a ship with a king?

Edit - Woops, I am totally asking for spoilers which I don't mind, if you want to PM me you can or just be really vague here like, "When you are about to go to this location, you will get locked out of stuff"

Edited by NerdRage04

Need a little insight, I played for a few hour of The Witcher to get a feel for it and now I am starting on Death March to play the game for realzies.

I read that the missable Gwent cards start to appear when I reach Novigraad, but when are they considered missable during the main quest?

Where is the point of no return in the game for missable trophies and romance related trophies? Is it when I get on a ship with a king?

Edit - Woops, I am totally asking for spoilers which I don't mind, if you want to PM me you can or just be really vague here like, "When you are about to go to this location, you will get locked out of stuff"

This is one of those questions, that is difficult to answer.  To enjoy the game, you should ignore missables and play the game exactly as you like, do what you want, enjoy it, ignore all the trophies they will just distract you from the game.  However, we are all on this website because we like trophies.  In the case of Witcher 3 I will say read a guide for the missable trophies.  There are a few, but I don't think that reading about them will give you too many spoilers about the game so don't feel worried about spoiling the game with knowing about them beforehand.  

I honestly don't mind pouring 100's of hours (bordering on 1000's) into a game but to miss out on 100% the game because I answered no to an npc question that happened 15mins into the game is just cheap (this isn't the case with Witcher 3 - i was just giving an extreme example)

I am not really sure where you are in the game, there were missable gwent cards early in the game, that were patched so I think you should be ok.

Edited by delboy_rules
  • Like 3