How The Hell Is This Possible ?!

Cheating (in my books it is) and manipulation are nothing new. It fact gaining the unfair advantage in gaming has been going on for decades.

What this person did in my eyes is nothing different than someone glitching their way to world rank in kills in a multiplayer shooting game, or hacking a game to get everything from the get go. Platinuming this game in under three hours, outside of hacking, is pretty much impossible to do on one profile. In fact a couple particular trophies on Uncharted 4 take around 20-30 minutes to do, which makes this topic all the more interesting as people try to find ways to manipulate the PS4, which hasn't been done yet.

One day, two hours? Pretty believable. Two hours? No.

I couldn't care less about fastest completion as I pretty much play at my own pace. I have one game that I'm ranked in the top 10 but that's only because I played the hell out of it when I was a kid, so I knew how to get everything. (Maybe I'll try to reach top 10 in Wolf 3D).

Record times are enjoyable for some people but not for me.

• Like 1

Why would anyone go to the effort of reporting someone for hacking trophies? What do you gain from it?

People don't like seeing blatant cheaters, or glitchers on leader-boards. Some people actually try to get on leader-boards, some people fluke it,(a hard ass game, or unpopular game). Everybody likes to think there on fair ground when it comes to the same game. Not many people would give a rats ass, if this person wasn't listed on this site. But being that he is, its just messed up.

I really don't get why people are upset. He earned his trophies legit, then did some kind of manipulation to have the "fastest time". The only thing he kina cheat on is the fastest time, not the leaderboard. Why would anyone care that much about the fastet time?

http://speeddemosarchive.com/

This^, speed runing a game has been around alot longer then trophies.

Most people aren't good enough or dedicated to do a speed run. A game like Battletoads for the NES, for instance, takes a hell of a lot of memorization, which makes it all the more impressive that people have pulled it off without dying.

What we need to understand is there will always be someone better than you. Whether it's Uncharted 4, Call of Duty or pretty much any video game you can think of, there is someone out there who has better shooting accuracy, better knowledge of the controls, better at exploiting glitches, better at competitive multiplayer, etc etc etc. Even if someone has a world speed run record in say, Super Mario World for the SNES, who's to say how long it will last before someone else comes along and beats that record?

When the DLC comes out his #1 rank will be taken down anyway. Let's just say that there is someone who will be better than you at gaining trophies faster, because that's the way it's always been.

• Like 2

Most people aren't good enough or dedicated to do a speed run. A game like Battletoads for the NES, for instance, takes a hell of a lot of memorization, which makes it all the more impressive that people have pulled it off without dying.

What we need to understand is there will always be someone better than you. Whether it's Uncharted 4, Call of Duty or pretty much any video game you can think of, there is someone out there who has better shooting accuracy, better knowledge of the controls, better at exploiting glitches, better at competitive multiplayer, etc etc etc. Even if someone has a world speed run record in say, Super Mario World for the SNES, who's to say how long it will last before someone else comes along and beats that record?

When the DLC comes out his #1 rank will be taken down anyway. Let's just say that there is someone who will be better than you at gaining trophies faster, because that's the way it's always been.

You can always do a game, nobody else has ever did before, and most of the time its accepted. I've did blast corps on n64, and had a few wrs, until someone better came along.

He might be waiting with a brand new save file, ready to use this exploit again, with a alternative name he made up, so he can run the same scenario again when dlc is out. Ya never know.

What can we gather from all this is that the PS4 fastest leaderboards are basically meaningless if people are just going to cheat their way onto it. I have a few top 50 fastest times and i like that but knowing that i have to compete with illegitimate times for PS4 makes me think i shouldn't bother.  

• Like 1

What can we gather from all this is that the PS4 fastest leaderboards are basically meaningless if people are just going to cheat their way onto it. I have a few top 50 fastest times and i like that but knowing that i have to compete with illegitimate times for PS4 makes me think i shouldn't bother.

It's nothing new really, games that allow Cross Save make your platinum time less than a minute. I see this as being the same thing, If this gets punished than cross save platinums should also get the same boot off the fastest leaderboards, both times are given because of a save file.

• Like 3

he's not a hacker, i think he plated the game without syncing the trophies, then back up his saves, and deleted his profile, then created a new profile with his account and copied his saves from a USB or PS PLUS, started the game, doing some things in the game, trophies starting poping, that's it.  

After reading all these comments and some people wants him to get flagged for using his own save, then we all should be flagged for using the glitch of " finishing the game in 6 hours and crushing mode " -_-

Edited by Kratos-Abdu
  • Like 2

he's not a hacker, i think he plated the game without syncing the trophies, then back up his saves, and deleted his profile, then created a new profile with his account and copied his saves from a USB or PS PLUS, started the game, doing somethings in the games, trophies starting poping, that's it.  

After reading all these comments and some people wants him to get flagged for using his own save, then we all should be flagged for using the glitch of " finishing the game in 6 hours and crushing mode " -_-

This is it. I don't think it should be punishable as he is doing something completely within the rules of PlayStation, no use of external hacks etc.

The speed run time is still impressive, it still takes some planning to get stuff done that fast, if anyone feels bothered by it go ahead and use the same mechanics, that's my opinion.

• Like 1

You can always do a game, nobody else has ever did before, and most of the time its accepted. I've did blast corps on n64, and had a few wrs, until someone better came along.

He might be waiting with a brand new save file, ready to use this exploit again, with a alternative name he made up, so he can run the same scenario again when dlc is out. Ya never know.

I could just pick any PS3, PS4 or Vita game that hasn't been played by many and have a chance at it.

In my opinion posting a time of 2 hours completion makes the fastest time to 100 percent utterly pointless. That's why a number of us are griping about it because this person didn't sync his/her trophies right after, they just made a new profile, uploaded their save file, and popped all the trophies in a short span. Everyone else on that list as far as I'm aware of synced their trophies right after obtaining them, so they are completely legit.

I wouldn't bother either if people just decide to manipulate the leaderboards making doing so the traditional way useless.

• Like 1

Don't people always say it's impossible to hack PS4 trophies? Anyway could it be possible this guy played the game, uploaded his save file, deleted everything without syncing the trophies or downloaded the save file on another user on the PS4 to instantly pop the trophies?

thats not possible with the way the trophy system works. he would have to play it offline, and ps4 wont load the trophy list offline (at least for me it doesnt). and there would still be a date stamp. lets take for example i have 2 ps3s, when i load a game on my other one that i already halfway played the trophies i earned on the other system might start popping up but they are already in psn's database so even though they all pop up at once doesnt mean they are earned at once. if his time stamps are all very close or minutes apart then its cheating. i know a friend on ps3 who was getting plats way faster then me and i just thought he was really good until he told me of a trick he uses to pop all the single player trophies at once, which i wont reveal because im against it. sony did a pretty good job protecting trophy cheating and it worked against most people a long time but unfortunately people can still cheat to pop trophies

I could just pick any PS3, PS4 or Vita game that hasn't been played by many and have a chance at it.

In my opinion posting a time of 2 hours completion makes the fastest time to 100 percent utterly pointless. That's why a number of us are griping about it because this person didn't sync his/her trophies right after, they just made a new profile, uploaded their save file, and popped all the trophies in a short span. Everyone else on that list as far as I'm aware of synced their trophies right after obtaining them, so they are completely legit.

I wouldn't bother either if people just decide to manipulate the leaderboards making doing so the traditional way useless.

from what i know on ps3 and i think is the same on ps4 it doesnt matter if you dont sync it, if you dont sync it theres still a datestamp on the trophies offline, so when you do sync it all at once itll show the difference still. unless you hack it a certain way which i wont say that gets them all at once, or most at once with a little cleanup

from what i know on ps3 and i think is the same on ps4 it doesnt matter if you dont sync it, if you dont sync it theres still a datestamp on the trophies offline, so when you do sync it all at once itll show the difference still. unless you hack it a certain way which i wont say that gets them all at once, or most at once with a little cleanup

The vita tv(iirc), im told works a bit different, if you don't sync it, and your game gets deleted, you get missing timestamps. Not exactly sure if im saying that right, i believe it was something about memory doing that.

Please people correct me on this, i sorta get it, but would like to know it by heart and exact.

Edited by bcks007

The vita tv(iirc), im told works a bit different, if you don't sync it, and your game gets deleted, you get missing timestamps. Not exactly sure if im saying that right, i believe it was something about memory doing that.

Please people correct me on this, i sorta get it, but would like to know it by heart and exact.

Always wondered what leads to a game giving missing timestamps. A few of my PS3 games have given me missing stamps for whatever reason, but it definitely wasn't from deleting the games.

Always wondered what leads to a game giving missing timestamps. A few of my PS3 games have given me missing stamps for whatever reason, but it definitely wasn't from deleting the games.

It means you earned the trophies without setting up your profile on your platform. Unless there's another way to get them with missing time stamps.

ah, im unaware of vita since i never owned one

Came here because I thought this was about those GOD DAMN EXPLODING MUMMIES!

...'cause that was was my exact reaction to that one specific bit where you're up against far too many of them! ''HOW THE HELL IS THIS POSSIBLE!?''