June IGC Predictions

FlareXV

My prediction: Every month someone will post this lame topic and the answers people give could be copy and pasted into the new thread. Then for the announcement thread, everyone will double up on their hate posts from here. The announcement thread could *also* be copy and pasted every month. And everyone will enjoy and look forward to next months pointless threads.

• Like 1

Predictions?

PS4

• Mediocre AAA game.
  • Shovel Knight (wishful thinking).

PS3

• Game with no platinum trophy.
  • Game from 7 years ago.

PS Vta

• PSP game.
  • Obscure Vita game.

I will at least have one prediction right.

If anything, it'll be some of the games that came out last year for a cheap price. I'm just waiting for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate to go on sale lol

Is it just me or somebody else did think that the lack of AAA titles for PS3 titles may be related to PS Now?

Wow, never thought of it like that. I'm starting to think this is the case.

PS3: Batman Origins, Something from the indie collection

PS Vita: Injustice (Sales will be damned), Atelier Ayesha

PS4: Dangerous Golf, Knack (Gotta hype us for that Crash reveal) or Deadlight: Director's Cut

Indie collection? (EDIT: Oh, now I know what you mean. :P But ey, why not, most of those games are pretty good)

Batman Origins is somewhat likely seeing as the two other games have been PS+ games before.

You think they will do Injustice again? (already been PS4)

Knack a way to hype us up for Crash? idk if that would do it, and they already did with UC4 though.

Edited by MMDE

A predictions thread one and a half week before the actual announcement (games will be released on 7th June, announcement is normally a week beforehand)? Quite early. ^^

My assumptions:

PS4: The Talos Principle, Bastion

(Talos was published by Devolver and there several Devolver-games which ended in PS+)

PS3: Noby Noby Boy, Trine 1

PSV: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Burn the Rope

I just want to keep it realistic. 

The PS4 guesses would be nice IMO.

The PS3 games would awful. They did Trine 2 on release and those games are always on sale for dirt cheap. Noby Noby Boy is garbage. I absolutely love Katamari, but Noby Noby Boy was a mess.

Interestingly enough, EU has got tons of LEGO games, even specific regions in EU has got even more, NA hasn't got any. xD But there's a decent chance EU will get that for vita.

Though tbh I'm not expecting any of these. I don't mind indie games, as long as they're not riddled with bugs, glitches, and whatnot.

I am playing Master Reboot now (which I bought on a Flash Sale). So far 2 trophies have glitched on me and I have heard the collectible trophies are known to glitch as well.

I am sick and tired of people releasing games completely broken and then hiding behind the "we are indy developers" label. There is a reason why you have to be an apprentice before you are allowed to build a house on your own. I wish more developers would understand that and not just rush everything to the store and worry about bugs and glitches later.

• Like 2

I am playing Master Reboot now (which I bought on a Flash Sale). So far 2 trophies have glitched on me and I have heard the collectible trophies are known to glitch as well.

I am sick and tired of people releasing games completely broken and then hiding behind the "we are indy developers" label. There is a reason why you have to be an apprentice before you are allowed to build a house on your own. I wish more developers would understand that and not just rush everything to the store and worry about bugs and glitches later.

Yeah, me too. Another popular excuse is "the majority doesn't mind it if a game is released with bugs and glitches". That's the reason I'm not so keen on indie games anymore (or games from Bethesda).

Yeah, me too. Another popular excuse is "the majority doesn't mind it if a game is released with bugs and glitches". That's the reason I'm not so keen on indie games anymore (or games from Bethesda).

Well I guess we will have to see :( Master Reboot also has a stupid Trophy where you have to play the whole game with the language turned to Welsh...AKA our story is so shitty it really doesn't matter if you can understand it or not.

I decided to play it in English first because I figured that it is a psychological "horror" game so the story might be important NOPE there has been next to no story so far so I wish I had just done a Welsh run.

• Like 1

Well I guess we will have to see :( Master Reboot also has a stupid Trophy where you have to play the whole game with the language turned to Welsh...AKA our story is so shitty it really doesn't matter if you can understand it or not.

I decided to play it in English first because I figured that it is a psychological "horror" game so the story might be important NOPE there has been next to no story so far so I wish I had just done a Welsh run.

Damn that sucks :(

So, my actual picks:

PS4 - I think it's time again for a TellTale game. Tales from the Borderlands? Game of Thrones?

PS3 - Who the hell knows? But one that would please me would be Guacamelee. So of course, I fully expect something from 7 years ago.

Vita - Don't really care, although I like those games that are cross buy with PS4.

What glitched in Master Reboot? :S

PS3 - Who the hell knows? But one that would please me would be Guacamelee. So of course, I fully expect something from 7 years ago.

Already been PS+ game, on both PS3 and PS4...

It's pretty clear they've abandoned the Vita, so anything besides an old PSP game is wishful thinking.

Nah, they are usually doing bundles...

What glitched in Master Reboot? :S

So far the trophy for not getting hit in the Car Level and not dying in the Airplane level.

I got hit/died my first time but I have since gone back to those levels and did them perfectly and it isn't unlocking. I heard that people have said that you have to turn off your PS3 and try again and that will fix it so I will try again later today.

PS4:

Beach Buggy Racing

Riptide GP2

... Just because I got them this sale. :facepalm:

Honestly, I'm just hoping for a "Tales of" game. I've been wanting to get into that franchise but don't know where to start. It'd be nice to try one from Plus.

PS: May was/is quite good, they better keep it up.

PS Vta

• Obscure Vita game.

YESPLZ!

It would mean brilliant epic Japanese game :D

I unlocked all trophies without any problems...

And that was years ago, so if there were any glitches, I'm sure they would have fixed them.

Welsh run + YT playthrough for story

Best way

So far the trophy for not getting hit in the Car Level and not dying in the Airplane level.

I got hit/died my first time but I have since gone back to those levels and did them perfectly and it isn't unlocking. I heard that people have said that you have to turn off your PS3 and try again and that will fix it so I will try again later today.

You could hit something without realizing it. It has pretty weird system for detecting these things.

The car level one I remember, and it was just a bit tricky IMO. I think you get hit without really knowing it or something.

Indie collection? (EDIT: Oh, now I know what you mean. :P But ey, why not, most of those games are pretty good)

Batman Origins is somewhat likely seeing as the two other games have been PS+ games before.

You think they will do Injustice again? (already been PS4)

Knack a way to hype us up for Crash? idk if that would do it, and they already did with UC4 though.

Sorry about the indie remark, MMDE. :(

Injustice for the Vita has never been on the IGC, so I think it maybe possible.

Well, Knack is a platformer, lol. :P

Some good PSN games would be nice. Unravel, Never alone, Brothers, Guacamelee, Journey etc.  

Never Alone is pretty bad IMO, especially the DLC is absolute dogshit.

Brothers was kinda boring. I know not everyone feels this way. To me it was just a too easy puzzle platformer game, where the puzzles felt more like chore than puzzles AKA boring. The game was clearly trying to be like a long journey that took you through a lot of places, and that it did well enough, even if it was boring to get around. The story wasn't much to speak about, even if it was a bit sad. Much of the gameplay and some locations were clearly inspired by ICO, which is a much better game.

Never Alone, Guacamelee (PS3 and PS4) and Brothers has been PS+ games.

It'd be nice if we got Unravel though! :D Unepic, Shadwen, Talos Principle and The Witness would have been nice too. Somewhat interested in Firewatch too.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3