Approaching my 100th platinum - what should it be?

StewartBros

100th Platinum Trophy  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should be my 100th platinum?

• BioShock
    • Borderlands: Pre-Sequel
    • Helldivers
    • Metal Gear Solid 4
    • Okami HD
    • Resistance 3
    • Saints Row: The Third
    • Spec Ops: The Line

So as the title says, I'm creeping up on my 100th platinum (currently at 97), and I want to try and make it a special platinum that's worthy of taking that crown.  I've listed numerous games in my backlog that have yet to be started, along with one or two that have been started but are still in the early stages of completion, and these are all possibilities. 

My personal preference is for Metal Gear Solid 4 - it's an amazing game,  I haven't played it for a few years now, and surely there can be few games that are more worthy of taking the # 100 spot.  It would be a mighty challenge, but I'm up for tackling it.  Other contenders could include BioShock (amazingly, I've still never played this game), Helldivers (if the community can win a war anymore), Okami (has a beautiful plat image) and Saints Row the Third (because it just looks like crazy fun!).

I don't plan to buy any new games to add to my collection, so the choices should be limited to the ones listed here (or maybe even another game on my profile that hasn't been platted yet).  What do you think?  Which game should I try to conquer for that all-important milestone, and why?

Voted on MGS4, its the most unique and epic from those games and it was also my first plat. Okami would be number 2 imo.

Looking at your profile you can finish DoA5 if you want to feel like you truly earned that 100th plat :P

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742

Looking at your profile you can finish DoA5 if you want to feel like you truly earned that 100th plat :P

Believe me, I've been trying for ages to plat DOA5U - I just can't keep the combos going long enough to complete them.  It's annoying me because I really shouldn't be having so much trouble with it.

Haven't played MSG4 myself but voted for it. Heard nothing but great things about it and you seem to be a fan of snake :P

I sure am a Snake fan, haha.  One of PlayStation's most legendary characters without a doubt, and the MGS games are rarely less than superb. :)

EDIT: I'm kinda annoyed that your (and everyone else's) choices aren't showing up publicly...

Edited by StewartBros

I voted for MGS 4 as I think that is an awesome game and an huge challenge to platinum and would therefore be a worthy 100th milestone. If I had to put the games in order of preference for the milestone then it would be as follows:

1. MGS 4
  2. Okami HD
  3. BioShock
  4. Saints Row: The Third
  5. Spec Ops: The Line
  6. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  7. Resistance 3 or Helldivers

Congrats on coming up on the milestone! I'm at 96 plats myself, and have decided that Fallout 4 will be my number 100. Fallout 3 was my first, so it seems fitting.

That aside, I voted for MGS4 for you. The game is just so dang awesome.

Believe me, I've been trying for ages to plat DOA5U - I just can't keep the combos going long enough to complete them.  It's annoying me because I really shouldn't be having so much trouble with it.

I meant DoA5 vanilla version :) beating survival is a challenge. ​

Voted for Metal Gear Solid 4 and my second choice would be BioShock.

For me, MGS 4 just felt the most rewarding and a bigger sense of accomplishment when finally getting the platinum. Plus, you seem to be a fan of the series so you get a milestone from a game you enjoy as well. Definitely recommend BioShock and some of the other games, but they can wait until after #100.

Believe me, I've been trying for ages to plat DOA5U - I just can't keep the combos going long enough to complete them.  It's annoying me because I really shouldn't be having so much trouble with it.

I sure am a Snake fan, haha.  One of PlayStation's most legendary characters without a doubt, and the MGS games are rarely less than superb. :)

EDIT: I'm kinda annoyed that your (and everyone else's) choices aren't showing up publicly...

If you want everyone's choices to be shown, you need to change it to a public poll.

Edited by MStalker58

My vote is for Spec Ops: The Line.  Really phenomenal game with an unexpectedly great story.  I hear the platinum is fairly straight forward as well, but that may be points against it for #100 depending on your stance.  MGS4's platinum on the other hand takes a lot of time and effort, which again could be a plus or minus depending on how you look at it.  Whatever you choose, best of luck with #100!

Well, totally depends of what you really want as a 100th, something just fun (as you mentioned Saints Row The third) or a challenge, most of users aiming to that for such a big Milestone. So even when I didn't beat it, I know that it's certainly a challenge MGS4.

C'mon, have you read all you have to do for that platinum?

My vote for Snake.

Edited by GoldenShaka

I voted for Metal Gear Solid 4 as I myself decided that this game was going to be my 100th platinum as well, and the journey towards getting that platinum was so enjoyable so I hope you have the same amount of fun as I did with it :D 

So even when I didn't beat it, I know that it's certainly a challenge MGS4.

C'mon, have you read all you have to do for that platinum?

My vote for Snake.

I have read up pretty extensively on what MGS4 requires for the plat - 8 full playthroughs, and that's assuming you don't miss anything along the way, which would necessitate yet another playthrough.  I fulfilled some of the criteria before the trophy patch was released, and I know that nothing is retroactive and that I'll have to start from scratch, but that's fine with me.  I'll probably play something else along the way, and make sure that I don't pop any platinums between #99 and completing MGS4.

Seems like the majority of you agree that MGS is the way to go. :D

Voted for Bioshock. If you have never played this game or any of its sequels, then it's an amazing experience. Also the Plat is pretty hard. Having to beat the game on hardest difficulty without dying. Yet if you still arnt 100% on what do do if say either Bioshock, MGS4, or Resistance 3.