World of Final Fantasy New Trailer & Release Date!

Xel

When this game was first announced, I wasn't expecting too much out of it, but I must say this game is really shaping up well. Hell, it's probably the most "proper" Final Fantasy game to come out in years. I'm really looking forward to playing it, and I'm so glad we're getting the Vita version too.

Also chibi Squall is so cuuuuute. :P

Hmm it actually looks good.

It's adorable to see the classic FF characters in Chibi form.  Especially glad to see Lightning in her Equilibrium garb from Lightning Returns.  :P

I like the music in the trailer and the voice acting seems adequate.

Overall it does seem like something that I might consider getting. I like the vibe it gives off.  :)

I'm definitely getting this game! Was very unsure during the reveal, but I the first trailer in this thread really convinced me. :D

Hopefully there will be tons of recognizable bad guys too, some of the classic ones.

All in all I'm not really digging the chibi style (I mean, that's not only for this game, I never liked chibi style at all), but it's looking to be a great game nonetheless. Maybe I'll wait for some reviews, but I guess I'll get it anyway. I mean, it's FF after all. :P

Just pre ordered the Vita version, really can't wait for this game, glad to see it's coming out pretty soon too, been excited about this one for a while...... Gosh darn it, it's sooooo cute, I need it now :P

Edited by DJROE95

Awww, my thread was forgotten :(

Kanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Ten-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Still the best upcoming FF, no doubts. The moe factor is going stronger and stronger =D

Oh sorry, I feel bad now

Is it weird that I'm actually more excited for this than FFXV? Don't get me wrong, I was into the Platinum demo and I think XV is gonna be great, but as someone who got into JRPGs as a whole through Kingdom Hearts, this game's lighter and more whimsical atmosphere hits my sweet spots much more closely! And despite how little of the gameplay's particulars we've seen, I am intrigued by how little we have. Sure, it's mostly basic turn based RPG fare, but I'm interested in what you might do with the whole monster collecting and stacking mechanics~

Is it weird that I'm actually more excited for this than FFXV? Don't get me wrong, I was into the Platinum demo and I think XV is gonna be great, but as someone who got into JRPGs as a whole through Kingdom Hearts, this game's lighter and more whimsical atmosphere hits my sweet spots much more closely! And despite how little of the gameplay's particulars we've seen, I am intrigued by how little we have. Sure, it's mostly basic turn based RPG fare, but I'm interested in what you might do with the whole monster collecting and stacking mechanics~

It's not weird at all. I'm excited for both.  xD

• Like 1

2889756battle_cloud_fix001_thumb.jpg

• Square Enix is currently brushing up and working on the game’s adjustments, basically finishing it up.

• The Final Fantasy character that appear don’t come from another world, but they’ve lived in the world from the start. You’ll see characters that know each other in unexpected ways.

• The game is being made so that it can be played in a relatively carefree manner. For example, there’s a system that will let you go back to town whenever you’re in a dungeon and easily return back inside the dungeon.

• Wiping in battle simply results in returning back home and you don’t lose any money, and acquired items remain the same. It’s being balanced so that you can go all out in battles.

• As far as gameplay value goes, the story parts alone will get you about 100 hours of gameplay.

• The volume of the game is said to be about the same as a main-numbered Final FAntasy game, and there are many sub-stories to top it off. There are especially plenty of cutscene events featuring Final Fantasy characters.

• Event scenes can be fast-forwarded or skipped.

• You can mash your way through battles in the early parts of the game, but once you reach the middle parts you’ll want to think about elements and such or you might go through some trouble.

• There are over 200 Mirages in the game. They say that it might get lonely for the Mirages that don’t get used, so they’re working on ways so that players will want to raise all of them.

• Square Enix also hopes to be able to make figurines out of them.

• 1 month later...

Looks like we got a new trailer today, including another glimpse at the story, world, and battle system!

My thoughts? I'm still hungry for an even closer look at battles, but I'm liking just about everything that we've seen thus far! I couldn't help but speculate a little something about the story, though. I'll stuff my thoughts in this spoiler tag here 'cause it gets just a bit rambly.

We knew pretty much right after this game was announced that it's calling back to many other FFs, especially the older ones. While newer games have a prominent position too, older characters and designs (such as the classic Black Mage) have a strong presence in the story, and the turn based battles harken back to a closer to "classic" FF. In other words, this game is heavily appealing to our nostalgias, which is fine and all.

In today's trailer, we get a handful of interesting lines of dialogue that hint at the background of our protagonists. The narrating voice seems to imply that the protagonists have a history with Grymoire (aka the world with all the chibi FF peoples), and that we can expect the story (or at least the protagonists' character arcs) to involve becoming familiar with the world again.

Now, this is somewhat of a leap in logic, but... am I the only person who is speculating that this plot's themes might become very "meta"? That is, I can't help but picture some sort of parallel between this game's heavily nostalgia fueled world for us, and the supposed nostalgia that the protagonists will experience by 'revisiting' Grymoire. Am I just imagining that, or do you think we might see other plot points/events with intentional parallels like that...?

• Like 1

It looks like Kingdom Hearts which is fine by me, but the chibi stuff looks stupid. It'll be interesting to see how the old characters play into the new story and if they actually have a real impact or if they're just cameos like in KH.