Ever Given up on a Platinum

JJay_Rudd

Ratchet & Clank 2 - Those space ship races are one of the most annoying things I ever had to do.

Atelier Escha & Logy - I finished Atelier Ayesha & gave this a go. I honestly hate the time limit in this series. I felt way too rushed.

RE: Revelations - Hard mode has me stuck on the final boss. I doesn't help that I can't perfect the dodging either.

The Evil Within - Completed it once, lost interest, deleted game

Batman Arkham Origins - Online / Whatever the hard mode is called, where you have to beat the game without dying. (No way I'm doing that)

Silent Hill 2 - Lost interest

Street Fighter iv - Too difficult

RE: Operation Raccoon City - Tried to stick with this game, but I lost interest over time

WipEout HD: Elite Campaign difficulty got my number. All the way up to the last set of events the game was fun. I think I got 4 golds on the time trials but any other event and AI leaves in the dust and I go like a Ping-Pong from wall to wall... if AI doesn't take me out first that is. A friend of mine said my times are rivaling his on the ones I got gold on and tried to encourage me to go for the plat but it was just too frustrating for me. And I like racers so it's a real blow but I wear my failures proudly too.

I haven't given up on any other plat, but I've been locked out of one because of server closure (Overlord II).

To OP: in NFS: Most Wanted the trophy description is wrong. You don't have to win with every car. A lot of cars have duplicate races. A guide can help you which one to go for.

Stick to wipeout, it's worth it and totally rewarding! It is my proudest platinum and I am not a guy who is into racing games. It took me forever and completing elite campaign was hell

but it is absolutely doable. The right mood is actually more important than anything else. You have to remind yourself that you are actually good at this game (I mean you managed it to reach the last cell right?) and that some things just rely on luck or the evil/sometimes cheap AI. I was stuck on chengou project for 3 days and eventually I won. Before that I even gave up a 100% victory on that track because I got too nervous on the last meters. What I am trying to say is, it's all in your head man  ;)

• Like 1

Ever Given up on a Platinum?  I'd love to say yes as it's a pretty lame collectible hobby but sadly "No" is my answer.  Every game I own that is platible is (or will be) plated.  Sad I know and it even cost me my marriage (apparently) but plats are what I do.  :(

• Like 1

FIFA 10, FIFA 14, PES 2012 - Servers closed.

NBA 2K14 cause I'm so terrible at it.

FIFA 16 cause someone randomly played it on my account and I've had it with sports games at this point. Just gonna leave them all unfinished.

I ALMOST quit on Mortal Kombat (2011) due to my awful connection/their awful servers, but five years later here I am in freshman year of college connected to my beautiful campus wifi with all the trophies done but one. It's a good feeling :)

Watch_Dogs. Can't finish that drinking game for the life of me. A friend mentioned about SharePlay but that seems like cheating to me so gave up instead lol.

When did you last play it? Your last trophy was in June 2014, and there was a patch released in August of the same year. It made those easier. I didn't have much trouble, when I played the game earlier this year(I'm missing that trophy, because I'm saving it for Platinum Rain Day. But I completed the hardest bar, one of the other 2, and am on the final level for the 3rd). 

Where to start.. 

Street Fighter x Tekken(Vita)- Nothing really difficult stopping me here(the missions could be tough, though, I don't know). But I doubt I'll ever get that Ad Hoc trophy..

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus- Pffffft, yeah right. This was my first Vita game(and game with trophies), and I bought it since I had only ever played 2 on the 360. But these games are too hard for me to ever Plat. 

Gran Turismo 5- Servers closed and didn't really care for it. More into arcade racers. 

MLB 13 The Show(Vita)- Could not, for the life of me, get that Disrespected trophy. Tried many times. 

Tropico 5- Campaign is much tougher than the trophy guides would have you believe. Finally gave up on it. 

Injustice- Yeeeeah... I'm just not that good at fighting games. 

Other than those, who knows. It's not likely I'll go back to anything really old(assuming I've at least beat it), though. With my backlog, I usually just keep moving forward. But once in awhile, I'll go back and clean something up. 

Edited by DamagingRob

Only one: Fifa 10, the servers are offline, I can no longer get the platinum. I didn't like the game, most of the trophies were done by a friend. I could probably get some more easy offline trophies, but I don't think I will.

All other games that I started, didn't complete by getting the platinum/100% and don't play right now are on hold for the indefinite future. I may or may not go back to playing them at some point, though there are a few games that I don't want to play again (as of now, who knows if or when my opinion changes).

Edited by viech54

Batman: Arkham Asylum - One of the most common games to give up on Platinum, because of the underrated Combat Challenges, but I Platinum'd it. It all started when I got this game back from my cousin, who had it for about a year. I finished the Predator Challenges, beat the game on Hard, solved every riddle, until the Combats blocked my Platinum road. I didn't understand the Scoring Points thingy, until put my effort to complete them. Shock and Awe (Extreme) was not that bad, but I only struggled with Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme). From there I heard and saw the 3x Ding!

Hitman: Absolution - I didn't fully given up just yet, but to post this I did (Not 100%). I The game keeps freezing and crashing when I reach Chapter 5. Agent 47 freezes in place when he changes disguises. I read every possible thread in the Square Enix Forums, I installed/deleted the patch, I tried playing offline, I tried EVERYTHING POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!! I won't walk out of 2016 without this Plat (Only 5 trophies left), and that's the fact!

I wouldn't say given up, more like put the game on the side for 6mo/1+ yrs, or plan to play it again in the future. For example, i just platinumed L.A. Noire, i think i had a 2 yr gap between trophies before finishing up the clean up. I have over 230hr put into Skyrim and haven't finished the main story; i tend to pick the game up every 6 months and level up and clean up side quests/DLC. I'm sure i'll eventually finish it up within the next 2 years, hahaha.

Persona 4 Arena and Metal Gear Solid 2/3. I go into depth on those games & why I gave up platting them in my Trophy Checklist, but in a nutshell, they require skills for challenges far beyond my current skills + my interest in developing those skills. For Persona, it's REALLY long fighting game combo strings. For MGS, it's being stealthy in video games ever.

Atelier Escha & Logy - I finished Atelier Ayesha & gave this a go. I honestly hate the time limit in this series. I felt way too rushed.

Rushed? In E&L? :D E&L is pretty much easiest in terms of time-limit :D

Only Shallie is easier but there's pretty much no time-limit anywhere.

You should give it another shot ;)

I Have given up on a Platinum to:

Injustice 1: because of Online and That I can only play with EU Players

Mortal Kombat: The same as Injustice 1, Online and EU Players

Mortal Kombat X: The same as Injustice 1 and Mortal Kombat, Online and EU Players

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 4 pending platinums on my profile, but I just give up on one.

Gran Turismo 5: I've stopped trying just for one thing. Sebastian Vettel X Special Events. I need those, reach level 40 in Class A, that record with the Nissan and gold in every event (I'm not even that far...). If I Manage to do that, the plat is mine, but I can't even get bronze on those challenges. And I bought the GT Force wheel just for this game...

Resident Evil 5,

I played through the game too many times on different consoles, and my save data got corrupt several times after beating the game, so I gave up on the PS3 version. Although I will likely attempt it again on the PS4 version 

Sadly too many games because I didn't enjoy them enough to complete them after playing for a while or I just forgot about them :(

All the games that I have >30% completion and have give up on getting the plat are

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - The singleplayer was ok but grinding all those levels on multiplayer is too much of a pain (if the servers are even still up)

Motorstorm: Apocalypse - The game is fun but the multiplayer looks too overwhelming

FIFA 16 - Talking about overwhelming multiplayer... I might give it a try sometime but I believe I wouldn't manage the 4 wins in an online FUT draft session

GTA V - I bought this for the PC too and spent too many hours on the PC version, I don't think I'll go back to it on the PS3

Dead or Alive 5 - I M P O S S I B L E! :jaymon:

• 7 years later...

The Dead Space Remake. I finally managed to beat it on Medium in NG+ for another trophy tonight, but even that playthrough was like living on a prayer all the way through, not to mention the final boss.

There’s honestly parts that I still struggle with on NG+ on the Story (easiest) difficulty. Power to everyone who has accomplished the Plat on this one, but I can’t imagine finishing it myself.

Another one is Yakuza: Like a Dragon. That last dungeon, the True Final Millennium Tower, is sadly beyond my skill level. I spent over a month solid trying to beat it, utilizing all of the grinding and pro tips available from guides, to no avail. I just didn’t want to waste any more of my time with it.

Same with most of the Yakuza titles. So much fun, but the 100% and difficulty related trophies are just a tad too brutal for me to invest a lot of time into.

Edited by SmileSlice
Corrected spelling and grammar.

Stardew Valley - Stardrop trophy didn’t pop for me on a file I had 150 hours into, at the point it should have unlocked. Might be my favourite game ever, it’s my most played ps4 game at 350+ hours, and my most wanted platinum…but I don’t know if I can waste another bunch of time on the chance it will glitch again 😕 

City Skylines - played over 150 hours with night cycle turned off because I didn’t like it, not realizing you needed it turned on for the 1001 nights trophy. Might go back for this one but I’m hesitant to leave my (now ps5) just running for whatever ridiculous amount of hours that trophy takes

Two Point Hospital - got bored with the game, stopped playing it right at the end only a few stars from the platinum (so stupidly) at the time I didnt care about trophies as much as I do now, and I didn’t have ps plus to upload cloud save anyway. later I sold that ps4 for another ps4 and some money, losing the save. Started it again recently as it got added to ps plus with all the dlc, so hope I stick with it this time, but what a grind that game is. 150+ hours lost from my first playthrough.