PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

On 11/02/2019 at 4:03 PM, Viper said:

I doubt it is at this point. Midnight Club 3, Max Payne 2, GTA: Liberty City and Vice City Stories were rumored back in September 2017, and we haven't heard anything about it since then. It seems like it was just a rumor.

To be fair it wasn’t just a rumour. They were rated for a PS4 release by the ESRB. It’s just everyone involved has given up on the programme now. I would say at least it had a good run but, you know, that would be a lie. ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 4:03 PM, Viper said:

I doubt it is at this point. Midnight Club 3, Max Payne 2, GTA: Liberty City and Vice City Stories were rumored back in September 2017, and we haven't heard anything about it since then. It seems like it was just a rumor.

I would've loved Max Payne 2 to be released on PS4 because even though it's one of my all-time favourites I never owned it - I just borrowed it on PC from a  friend and rented it on PS2. I remember vividly that he PS2 version was awful in regards to loading times, even by the standards of the time. 

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, meterano7 said:

Hey, you probably all know that Ace Combat 5 was released as a pre order bonus for AC7 by Namco and is/ was only available that way. I've read that they did stuff like this before, is that true?

Dragonball Z Super Butoden.  Pre-ordered bonus to Dragon Ball FighterZ on Switch. Never appeared on the eShop afterwards.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd say that the best game I've ever played on the PS2 is none other than

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

I can only dream of a day when a studio picks up where Ubisoft left off with the franchise

and remaster the Prince of Persia trilogy in today's graphical capabilities.

And nope, the PS3 remastered trilogy only made the games' textures and assets look unfinished.

Can you just imagine roaming through the Fortress of Time back and forth between the past and present

running on a PS4 Pro? ?

Everything about the game is just absolutely memorable for me:

the combat, gritty visuals, storytelling, and the music. The freaking music!

*sigh*

A boy can dream, right?

Edited by chester_abellera
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 17/06/2020 at 1:35 PM, arsenal4life1471 said:

is there a chance an update to this list with remakes such as destroy all humans and the spongebob game etc.

Updated the list for you. Please let me know if I'm missing any ?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Damn, this program gave developers the opportunity to bring PS2 Games on PS4 (and PS5) and they didn‘t never really used it.

If only Rockstar Games brought Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix & EA both Underground 2 & Most Wanted to the PS Store.

Sadly no developer is doin anything with this program anymore.

Very sad.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2020 at 11:26 PM, cpc630 said:

They probably won't add anymore Ps2 games to Ps4 because Sony will be putting all their resources into PS5.  There will be PS2 releases on PS5 I would guess in 2021.

lol, no. Sony is throwing this brand in the trash because it isn't making them millions.

I think the unreleased games should be moved to their own section. No reason to clog the main list up with them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2021 at 2:45 AM, pokeslob said:

I noticed Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories isn't on the list, although it comes in the same set as I & II 

Honestly didn't realise it was a PS2 game (wasn't released in Europe). Added it now though. Thanks :D

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

if you exclude digital games on later platforms, PS2 has the largest library of all-time (excluding open platforms like PC and mobile). It's a shame there are so few on PS4. There should be hundreds available. Emulating the PS2 isn't super easy, but it's not a mammoth task. If it's so hard, have a lot of them streaming only on PS Now.

I hope Sony is learning a lesson from their older stores and from Xbox. I really want some more PS2 games on PS5. It would be an added bonus if there was disc compatibility like there is on Xbox.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Core-Taku said:

Anyone else notice that they removed the PS2 on PS4 tab in the Playstation Store? I've Googled everywhere about it. Haven't found anyone talking about it.

I guess they've moved on(?) At least, the PS2-on-PS4 games aren't removed...

yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Core-Taku said:

Anyone else notice that they removed the PS2 on PS4 tab in the Playstation Store? I've Googled everywhere about it. Haven't found anyone talking about it.

I guess it doesn't really make sense for them to promote something which has long been dead. There's only a tiny amount of games available and there haven't been any new additions in forever. Besides that, Rockstar are the only dev who ever really supported it to begin with.

It's disappointing because I'd love to see a lot more PS2 games get this treatment. I would love to play through so many PS2 games again if they came with trophies.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

I guess it doesn't really make sense for them to promote something which has long been dead. There's only a tiny amount of games available and there haven't been any new additions in forever. Besides that, Rockstar are the only dev who ever really supported it to begin with.

It's disappointing because I'd love to see a lot more PS2 games get this treatment. I would love to play through so many PS2 games again if they came with trophies.

I really don't get Sony's tone-deaf attitude. We've had two Ty games that really did nothing but add trophies and 1080p support. We've had similar games like Republic Commando and others. They aren't the same as some of the PS2 games that are more straight up emulated, but they're barely different. And these titles have trended on the PlayStation Store.

The Dreamcast/PS2/GameCube/Xbox gen seems to be the one with the biggest nostalgia factor right now, and it has been for the last several years. Sony and Nintendo both need to wake up. People will buy older games, and a lot of times you barely have to do anything with the game other than making sure it runs on the new hardware.

• Like 1