Luftrausers will be patched!

MarsipanRumpan

On 26-4-2017 at 0:22 AM, SyBob12 said:

On this site alone that's 48,000 players who won't get 100%, or see the game through to its full completion. Assuming most of these players would want to complete the game, that's a significant number of people who would be asking for a patch. If this were a different style of game with a more linear formula, nobody would accept not being able to beat the final boss, for example, like in a RPG. Just because the game is playable doesn't mean they can skimp on content, trophies aside. Not acceptable when you consider the number of people who've bought this game. 

That's not a valid comparison though as the trophies are the only glitch - it's not like you could not beat the final boss, it's just that you would not get the trophy for beating the final boss. Many of those 48K players do not care about the trophies and just played the game for a while before moving on. I don't care enough to look it but I'm willing to bet that many of those 48K players only tried it after it went on PS+.

Personally I played the game and I enjoyed it a lot. It wasn't even until getting to this site that I realised that the only two trophies I did not obtain were actually unobtainables. One of them (Laser Ace) I could have gotten but the complete all missions one is madness.

But you can't finish all the missions and launch the 'classified', which I know won't bother everyone but when you've put a time investment into a game to find out you can't actually complete it is a little frustrating, let alone knowing that you'd have to buy the pc version which you can complete. The trophy aspect is just part of that for me. As you say, I'm sure most people don't care, but I personally think they have had plenty of opportunity and time to patch it, and they've acknowledged that a patch is needed. I put a lot of hours into a lot of the missions before realising it couldn't be completed, so I'll be very careful with downloading anything from them again. 

Edited by SyBob12
Autocorrect

On 12/12/2016 at 2:12 PM, fastflowdaman said:

Vlambeer is definitely staying on my shit list though, come a LR patch or not.

Amen. Screw these guys.

On 5/3/2017 at 5:54 AM, BillyHorrible said:

That's not a valid comparison though as the trophies are the only glitch - it's not like you could not beat the final boss, it's just that you would not get the trophy for beating the final boss. Many of those 48K players do not care about the trophies and just played the game for a while before moving on. I don't care enough to look it but I'm willing to bet that many of those 48K players only tried it after it went on PS+.

Personally I played the game and I enjoyed it a lot. It wasn't even until getting to this site that I realised that the only two trophies I did not obtain were actually unobtainables. One of them (Laser Ace) I could have gotten but the complete all missions one is madness.

So, would you defend them so vociferously had you not "enjoyed it a lot"? 

I personally think that the comparison is more apt than you suggest. 

• Like 2

I also enjoyed this game.  Would have enjoyed it even more if I got the trophy for defeating the Laser Ace when I did so. I don't have closure with this title because I've never launched the Classified even though I have finished all the other missions.  

Does it really matter if I actually purchased the game or if I got it via Plus? The game makers are compensated either way.

VLAMEbeer has released other games with issues? Noted.

Edited by audiopile

On 7-5-2017 at 10:36 AM, SyBob12 said:

But you can't finish all the missions and launch the 'classified', which I know won't bother everyone but when you've put a time investment into a game to find out you can't actually complete it is a little frustrating, let alone knowing that you'd have to buy the pc version which you can complete. The trophy aspect is just part of that for me. As you say, I'm sure most people don't care, but I personally think they have had plenty of opportunity and time to patch it, and they've acknowledged that a patch is needed. I put a lot of hours into a lot of the missions before realising it couldn't be completed, so I'll be very careful with downloading anything from them again. 

My bad, I thought the only issue was the trophy not unlocking, about a year ago or so the discussion somewhere else was mostly that a few of those other missions were nigh impossible to get. If there's supposed to happen something after beating all the missions and it doesn't then that sucks indeed, I didn't get nearly that far in the game though because I couldn't be bothered with a lot of the more difficult missions.

On 8-5-2017 at 6:19 PM, starcrunch061 said:

So, would you defend them so vociferously had you not "enjoyed it a lot"? 

I personally think that the comparison is more apt than you suggest. 

Can we take it down a notch? I'm not doing anything "vociferously".

And no, of course I would not defend a game if I hadn't enjoyed it a lot. That's the whole point, I liked the game a lot for the two or three hours that I played it and I then moved on, without caring that I had not obtained two trophies or even realising that they were unobtainable. My whole point is that a couple of unobtainables don't matter to me if I enjoy the game (I also started Bulletstorm a year after the servers shut down), so asking if I would defend a game if I had not enjoyed it is completely missing the point.

On 5/10/2017 at 2:17 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Can we take it down a notch? I'm not doing anything "vociferously".

LOL. I didn't mean anything by it. xD

On 5/10/2017 at 2:17 AM, BillyHorrible said:

And no, of course I would not defend a game if I hadn't enjoyed it a lot. That's the whole point, I liked the game a lot for the two or three hours that I played it and I then moved on, without caring that I had not obtained two trophies or even realising that they were unobtainable. My whole point is that a couple of unobtainables don't matter to me if I enjoy the game (I also started Bulletstorm a year after the servers shut down), so asking if I would defend a game if I had not enjoyed it is completely missing the point.

It may be missing your point, but not the point. Because the point, as the detractors in this thread have stated it, is that this is poor policy from the developers, and it remains poor regardless of any personal affection towards the game in question.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2017 at 5:54 PM, Azaan60 said:

Holy shit they still haven't fixed this? Even after they said they would? This is ridiculous.

The developer guy behind this game is a real jerk and said we don't deserve the patch because some people were "ungrateful" towards him on Twitter. I like this game but there's no way in hell I'm giving a cent to this developer again. Luckily I got this game on sale.

Edited by Mayadome
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mayadome said:

The developer guy behind this game is a real jerk and said we don't deserve the patch because some people were "ungrateful" towards him on Twitter. I like this game but there's no way in hell I'm giving a cent to this developer again. Luckily I got this game on sale.

15 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

LOL. "Ungrateful", huh? Who does he think he is?

I'm grateful to my parents for raising me. I'm grateful to my wife for marrying me, having my children, and putting up with me. I will NEVER be grateful to a developer who sells a product for profit. Dumbass should be grateful to me for buying his stuff.

Nice to see the developer is a man of his word...not

I will quote what I said almost a year ago.

On 2016-08-09 at 0:57 PM, diskdocx said:

"We are happy to announce we will be working with Abstraction Games to try and bring a PS3 and PS Vita patch to LUFTRAUSERS. This patch will fix an old trophy problem some of our vocal fans have been asking about in more and less polite ways, and we didn’t want to disappoint those of you who asked politely."

Oh, please.

This game has been out for over 2 years. They sold a product, and continued to do so, knowing full well it wasn't entirely working. I realize that many devs look down on trophies, and really could care less about fixing them, but it is part of the product.

In fact, they even had this as a Plus game, to generate more revenue....which should have been used to fix the problems.

So cry me a river if they had to deal with a few rude customers. Normally I have no tolerance for rudeness, but ignoring your customers for over 2 years is pretty fucking rude itself.

Fix your damn product in a timely manner the next time and stop whining!

Bottom line, if he cares about customer service, he should be catering to the loyal, appreciative fans. If you can't tune out the rude ones, and instead choose to punish everyone to spite a few, you deserve to go out of business.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I remember it was a Twitter post, and an article or two came to light regarding his wording and passive aggressive attacks on the people that buy their games.  It was bad, and afterwards ... the blog post that was linked here somewhat refers to us as bitchy.

I don't have a source, but if you want to scour the nooks and crannies of the interwebs.  It was on Twitter.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Spawn said:

Actually the thread was created over two years ago.

Odds of this still happening are about as high as those for EA to consider making decent single player games in the Star Wars franchise.

Or as high as all major companies removing all possible forms of microtransactions from all their games.

• 1 month later...