I am willing to put money on the fact you all will be messing with the system clock.

Frozen_Guardian

Dude, this kind of game screws with my head, I put aside all my backlog and lost some hours of sleep just to play this SOB. I tried to do it legit, but seeing how far I was to the 100%, I cheated all the way to ensure my peace of mind.  :S

This game makes me angry at how much I enjoy sitting, watching my money accumulate. If I messed with the clock, I'd take all the fun out of it.

But seriously, why do I like "playing" this game so much?

You should watch this video, this explains a lot about this "addictive feeling":

• Like 1

Well, to be fair, I did manipulate my PS3 clock to get all the trophies in...ugh, I forget the aquarium game's title, but hey, least I ain't hacking with something Sony didn't approve of. :D

*mic drop*

EDIT: Aaaaand changing the PS4 clock to go a day ahead didn't boost my cash. :(

Ah well. I tried.

Edited by Magic_Pumpkin12

you cheaters  :P

I didn't change the clock (yet) so I am obviously still very far from 100% though I have a question:

If I put the clock in 2100 year or whatever, why do people who cheated still have trophies displayed in 2016?

Is it the server time when synced that does matter?

my PSN was offline from Feb to June and the trophies I earned during this period display March, April, ...

confused.  :blink:

you cheaters  :P

I didn't change the clock (yet) so I am obviously still very far from 100% though I have a question:

If I put the clock in 2100 year or whatever, why do people who cheated still have trophies displayed in 2016?

Is it the server time when synced that does matter?

my PSN was offline from Feb to June and the trophies I earned during this period display March, April, ...

confused.  :blink:

I believe there is an internal clock that is initialized when you first connect your system to the internet. This is synced with PSN's online server time. You can change your XMB clock to display whatever time you want, but the system bios clock is not adjusted.

This is why trophy time stamps are not affected by manually changing your clock, and also why users who have earned trophies before initializing their systems online will always have 'missing timestamp' for those trophies

• Like 2

This game makes me angry at how much I enjoy sitting, watching my money accumulate. If I messed with the clock, I'd take all the fun out of it.

But seriously, why do I like "playing" this game so much?

I held out on changing the clock for as long as I could. I just got so sick of the game that I gave in. Kudos to any that manage to do it naturally.

I enjoyed this journey.

I'm still actually playing it for fun. I mean you just pop in for a few minutes click some shit and pop out. I check it once a day or every few days and it is still oddly satisfying. But the slow progress is getting annoying haha.

• Like 1

I enjoyed this journey.

I'm still actually playing it for fun. I mean you just pop in for a few minutes click some shit and pop out. I check it once a day or every few days and it is still oddly satisfying. But the slow progress is getting annoying haha.

I really enjoyed it for the first week. Id check it usually 2-3 times a day, sometimes playing for an hour or two if my angel doubling rate high.

It was about a week and a half in that the moon stalled to a glacial pace and Earth wasn't making as far of strides as I needed. I got tired of spending so much time on such a basic game. I'm not even sure how many times I jumped 99 years into the future, but if you're wanting to complete these trophies naturally, know it probably won't be any time soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

you can do this 100% legit ONLY paying with real money for gold. or not, im not sure, but i cheat (develepors new about that) with clock, spend about 20 hours with game, skipped bout 2k years, restart angels and im far away from 626 trophy. soooo god luck with playing legit way.

wubba lubba dub dub!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I played it legit for more than a year. Was entertaining to enter every couple of days and figure stuff out but yeah, after the year it just became tedious and boring, so today I decided to mess with the clock. Even with that it took some effort to get there, can't even imagine how long it'd have to take to complete it legit ?

Glad I can get it off of my mind

I literally gave up on clicker heroes after a few weeks, and I see no reason to start Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms even though the game has a platinum trophy. this kind of game can start out nice but it gets incredibly boring in a short time, i don't know how people like to play this.

Idle Champions I actually found kind of fun. It has some D&D lore included in to the text, like weird monsters. And I wound up reading a bit about the characters, and found that you could watch real-life gaming sessions being played, with stories that show up in the Idle Champions game. Yes, there are actually stories in the game, it's not just "click to attack".

I don't recommend it to most people, but it you have the special personality that enjoys playing Idle games and also you find D&D interesting, it's worth peeking at.

It took me "only" a year to get all of the trophies, and I still wind up playing, to see which new character will be introduced every 3 weeks.

This game, however, I've been playing for 4.5 years (though I took some time off), and it's definitely more compulsion than "fun". No, I'm not going to cheese it. Yeah, I probably should have.

I just got the 777 trophy, but I suspect it'll be years before I get the final one, if I ever do.

I eventually gave up on Clicker Heroes, when I returned to it after a year away, I have completely forgotten whatever strategies I had used, and didn't really care to research it.

• 5 months later...

I'm currently going through this game now. I'm very familiar with it because I played the mobile version many, many years ago when it released. It's nice replaying it and it's definitely a fun idle game.

It's very satisfying to watch my money grow and I probably won't be using the system clock skip. It will take a long time but you also only have to play a few minutes to get a lot of value from it. 

• 5 months later...