The best movie based game ever?

Is this the best movie game ever made?

(Especially when compared to the later Ghostbuster games that are embarrassing).

Most movie or TV games turn out to just be cash grabs but I believe this game not only isn't one of those types of games but it actually might be the best movie based game so far.

Discuss...

Crispy78923.png

EDIT: Thinking back on other games I've played, I don't think Ghostbusters is the best movie based game but I definitely think it is one of the best.

Edited by Crispy78923
  • Like 2

Spider-Man 2 is the best movie based video game ever. Ghostbusters doesn't hold a candle compared to that masterpiece.

The only thing Spider-Man 2 had going for it was a satisfying web swinging mechanic.

Best film based video game which comes to my mind is the King Kong game on PS2/XBox.

• Like 2

Goldeneye 64, Alien Trilogy, X-Men 2: Wolverine's Revenge, Back to the Future: The Game, Ghostbusters (Genesis/Mega Drive), the list goes on. There are actually quite a lot of great movie-tie in or based video games so it's hard to say which is the best one

Going to edit this post if any more come to mind.

EDIT: Batman (NES), LEGO Games, Star Wars games

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 2

Sweet Home. Not only is it better and more known than the movie it was based on, it is one of the best (if not THE best) JRPGs on the Famicom / NES. Not to mention that it's the one of the most important horror games in the history of the genre and the sole reason Resident Evil exists. 

Def one of the best. Original voice actors and a continuation of the story rather than a retelling push it top five or so.

Other great movie to game games are Batman for NES, the Two Towers for PS2, Alladin for Genesis, the Super Star Wars games for SNES, Scott Pilgrim kind of counts and of course games mentioned by others above.

For me I have always had a soft spot for Jaws and Friday 13th for NES. Even though truth be told they were probably not all that great.

• Like 1

This is a great game but there are a ton of great Movie Based Games.

Capcom on the NES/SNES was pumping out amazing Disney licensed games, Back to the Future by TellTale was a fantastic BttF4, The Super Star Wars series, Star Wars PodRacers, Star Wars Rouge Legacy, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire...pretty much 90% of Star Wars games now that I think about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are others too, such as The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, the game based upon that was good fun.  Up was another neat little game, not the best, but still nice.  I even enjoyed Cars as well, nice driving game for sure, and even Cars 2.

And of course other games mentioned, like Jaws, Ghostbusters, Wolverine: Origins to name a few.