Red Dead Redemption May Be Getting A Remaster

Parker

Yea, probably not gonna happen. How many times has this been rumored and it been wrong? Of course, it be cool if it wasn't wrong. Still, I'll believe it when I see it.

There are so many things that get added on rating boards that eventually come into existence. They may be "rumors until true" and I could see why everyone would want to approach it with caution but the fact remains that rating boards across the globe don't just add rumored games just because they want to:

Bioshock Collection (PS4, Xbone, PC)

Xcom Enemy Unknown Plus (Vita)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1+2 (PS4, Xbone, PC)

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (PS4, Xbone, PC)

The Witness (Xbox One version)

That's just a handful of games I can think of off of the top of my head that got "rumored" because of rating boards and were announced later. Not all of them are from Korea but it just goes to show that these developers don't just add ratings for random games or platforms for shits and giggles. If pas evidence is anything, I'd say this Korean rating board just gave us an early announcement. RDR is an amazing game and doesn't even have a PC release (hence why the remastered version is also rated here). With a sequel likely being on the way because of RDR's astounding success it only makes sense that a remastered version would be released.

Edited by Blue Flare

There are so many things that get added on rating boards that eventually come into existence. They may be "rumors until true" and I could see why everyone would want to approach it with caution but the fact remains that rating boards across the globe don't just add rumored games just because they want to:

Bioshock Collection (PS4, Xbone, PC)

Xcom Enemy Unknown Plus (Vita)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1+2 (PS4, Xbone, PC)

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (PS4, Xbone, PC)

The Witness (Xbox One version)

That's just a handful of games I can think of off of the top of my head that got "rumored" because of rating boards and were announced later. Not all of them are from Korea but it just goes to show that these developers don't just add ratings for random games or platforms for shits and giggles. If pas evidence is anything, I'd say this Korean rating board just gave us an early announcement. RDR is an amazing game and doesn't even have a PC release (hence why the remastered version is also rated here). With a sequel likely being on the way because of RDR's astounding success it only makes sense that a remastered version would be released.

True, but I'd rather be skeptical until it's official. I mean, the Mass Effect Trilogy was rumored to be remastered until EA shot it down. Of course, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I still think it's not wrong to be skeptical about this. And they didn't say it was a ratings board that leaked it, just a Korean site with some unnamed source. Guess we'll see Wednesday. If it's getting a remaster, single player only please!

Edited by ShadowStar83x

And that version will lack the wonderful platinum that the original had.

Best possible graphics and framerates in change for a platinum trophy? Yes please!

Edit: Not to mention I'm not even a PC gamer. And never bothered with RDR plat because of the MP trophies, but still I replay the story and if I have the time 100% the SP every other year.

Edited by totallycrushed

I said it on another thread, but I really don't see this happening. At least not at the PlayStation event. You don't sell new hardware from remasters. And if Rockstar were planning to do this, why would they make it available on Xbone through backwards compatibility? Don't get me wrong, I'd love if this did happen, I just have my doubts.

• Like 1

Does anyone remember the next Red Dead was rumoured to be announced at Sony's E3 presentation but was pulled last minute?

Maybe, just maybe, Sony has got Rockstar to remaster RDR as an exclusive bonus for PS4 in the run up to the next game? Perhaps a preorder bonus or something? Just a thought...

True, but I'd rather be skeptical until it's official. I mean, the Mass Effect Trilogy was rumored to be remastered until EA shot it down. Of course, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I still think it's not wrong to be skeptical about this. And they didn't say it was a ratings board that leaked it, just a Korean site with some unnamed source. Guess we'll see Wednesday. If it's getting a remaster, single player only please!

It's not wrong to be skeptical. I just wanted to share my thoughts on the matter. Rating boards are usually independently or government operated so the chances of them making something up is incredibly low because in order to rate said content, said rating board has to approve it. 

Edited by Blue Flare

Does anyone remember the next Red Dead was rumoured to be announced at Sony's E3 presentation but was pulled last minute?

Yea, but Sony denied it. Doesn't mean it's true, but still...

I would love this, preferably without MP. Don't get me wrong. A plus of being skeptical? I'm pleasantly surprised if wrong, but not disappointed if I'm right. xD

Yea, but Sony denied it. Doesn't mean it's true, but still...

I would love this, preferably without MP. Don't get me wrong. A plus of being skeptical? I'm pleasantly surprised if wrong, but not disappointed if I'm right. xD

Well yeah of course they're gonna deny it. Rumours are denied all the time and yet some still end up being true, not saying this will but you never know.

Good for anyone who didn't play it before or wants to play it again I personally probably won't get it as there's already a GOTY edition with all DLC on the PS3 which is the main thing I consider when it comes to remasters from last gen so unless there's any new content being added its not for me.

Not interested...already have the complete version. I'm not one that needs to have a new version for the new hardware...already have it for the previous generation. The only time I've bought a "remaster" is when I didn't have the original run on the older system. I'm just not one to think that cleaner graphics is a reason to shell out $60. That's one of the main reasons why I haven't upgraded to the new generation...many of the releases for the PS4 are nothing more than PS3 games done at 1080p (that and I'm waiting for the 1Tb Hdd to be standard in the new system).

Edited by PSXtreme_
  • Like 3

Would love to play this on PS4, never had the chance before.

Everyone has the chance. you just buy a PS3 (or Xbox). They are cheap these days.

As for the rumour. I like to play it safe. In my eyes everything is fake until proven otherwise.

If it turns out true though this could be the first PS4 remaster i buy. 

First thread about an RDR remaster I see that includes an actual link instead of only a badly photoshopped PS4 "cover" so it feels more credible already.

I'll wait and see, if the Ezio trilogy and LEGO Harry Potter remaster rumours turn out to be true then this one becomes more credible since it's about the same circumstances, but I'm not getting my hopes up before I get official info.

I watched Let's Plays of RDR back in 2010, thought it was truly amazing. I played through the story when I picked up on PS3 and loved every second of it.

I better get those online trophies before it's too late. Anybody up for boosting? I'm willing to help with any one of you if you need those trophies for the platinum.