PlayStation 4 Pro Announced

Parker

Odd. I originally had no - literal 0% - interest whatsoever in getting this model, but now i'm really considering it. Additionally, I can't think of a reason to keep my current PS4, which I usually do with my other older systems. The original PS4 just doesn't have any unique aspects that makes it worth keeping in comparison to Pro. Even for collection's sake, it's just not worth it even for collection's sake this time. The price is also good. If you have the money, I don't see the reason for any PS4 owner to stay with the current model, unless they already have a 1+ terabyte drive installed onto their system. But then again, couldn't you just put that into the Pro?

So I might trade in my old PS4 for this, otherwise the only other option would be upgrading my space on my current PS4, since even 1 terabyte won't be enough for me honestly. If there's a special bonus trade in deal soon for the PS4 (because of Pro), it's a done deal though.

Also what is HDR?

Also what is HDR?

Most common word of the whole conference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_imaging

5GHz wifi is the most attractive part for me. It's not attractive enough to justify getting another ps4, though.

Possibly working PS4 Wi-Fi? No way.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Odd. I originally had no - literal 0% - interest whatsoever in getting this model, but now i'm really considering it. Additionally, I can't think of a reason to keep my current PS4, which I usually do with my other older systems. The original PS4 just doesn't have any unique aspects that makes it worth keeping in comparison to Pro. Even for collection's sake, it's just not worth it even for collection's sake this time. The price is also good. If you have the money, I don't see the reason for any PS4 owner to stay with the current model, unless they already have a 1+ terabyte drive installed onto their system. But then again, couldn't you just put that into the Pro?

So I might trade in my old PS4 for this, otherwise the only other option would be upgrading my space on my current PS4, since even 1 terabyte won't be enough for me honestly. If there's a special bonus trade in deal soon for the PS4 (because of Pro), it's a done deal though.

Also what is HDR?

The reason for me, and I assume quite a few others, is to make the pro worth it we also have to shell out for a 4k hdr compatible tv. I think its a great deal if you already have the tv for it if not it isn't a big enough step up.

• Like 2

Most common word of the whole conference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_imaging

I didn't watch the conference.

The reason for me, and I assume quite a few others, is to make the pro worth it we also have to shell out for a 4k hdr compatible tv. I think its a great deal if you already have the tv for it if not it isn't a big enough step up.

Won't the graphics still improve anyway regardless if you have a 4k TV or not? 

It's not like the PS4 is just a graphical enhancement version of the original PS4, don't know why so many people look at it that way. There's some performance related mechanics in there to.

The way I see it, there's no reason to pick up a PS4 Pro unless you already have a 4k TV. Even then, 1080p still looks great to me, so what's even the point? We're console gamers. I could play games at higher resolutions and such if I really wanted to, but I just don't give a damn honestly. There's more to gaming than that. What's with people's obsessions with power over everything else? Gameplay is king. Some of the best games ever made look terrible by today's standards, but guess what? They're still incredible games. I wanted Sony to justify the existence of this new console, but they didn't. Totally pointless.

If my PS4 breaks, I'll probably pick one up, but I'm not rushing out to get one of these. They should of just waited another year or two and released the PS5. I think Microsoft caught Sony off guard with the Scorpio announcement. If they could go back and undo this, I think they would of, but they were too deep at that point. The Scorpio destroys the PS4 Pro in terms of power, so Sony have some catching up to do. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a PS5 come out in a few years, which makes this console all the more worthless.

A more powerful console makes it easier for a game to achieve 1080p and 60fps. I know a lot of people who couldn't care less about 60fps and are fine with 30fps, but for me personally I definitely prefer a higher framerate and a more powerful console will be far less likely to drop frames than a less powerful one. Gameplay is king and a more powerful console can directly affect the gameplay experience. 

Parker

• Like 1