Trophy Thread

Challenging, not counting luck. The main problem, is that these games are not very good and have not aged well. I played these a lot as a kid, then replayed them recently and they do not fill the nostalgia void. So, getting to level 81 in Tempest w/o losing a life is not only hard but probably frustrating because the gameplay is horrible; unless you're over 40 and live for retro gaming I'd pass.

Personally, I feel retro gaming starts with the NES era...everything else before is too archaic. Many of the Atari games tried to mimic their arcade counter-parts...but they are nowhere close.

Edited by rotoninja
  • Like 1

"Platinum Trophy" - could have been a better name like "Retro Gamer" or "Arcade Master".  :rolleyes:

Edited by Skeptical69

Challenging, not counting luck. The main problem, is that these games are not very good and have not aged well. I played these a lot as a kid, then replayed them recently and they do not fill the nostalgia void. So, getting to level 81 in Tempest w/o losing a life is not only hard but probably frustrating because the gameplay is horrible; unless you're over 40 and live for retro gaming I'd pass.

Personally, I feel retro gaming starts with the NES era...everything else before is too archaic. Many of the Atari games tried to mimic their arcade counter-parts...but they are nowhere close.

You need to finish level 81 or higher without losing a life, not get there. I'm sure there will be a level select option. 

Edited by JohnnyNoToes

It's kind of impossible to say anything about difficulty for something like this before the game itself actually comes out. If they have level select and save scumming options like the recent PacMan/DigDug/Galaga games, then likely these plats won't be too bad. If they don't, then best of luck to you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

most trophies are easy, as with many of these games. and its a great compilation, 10 times better than midway arcade origins that just had me pissed off all the time.

the only tough trophy in the game is tempest, level select lv 81 and good luck. i would say thats 9/10. on the plus side of things, it only takes about 45 seconds to do.

next up is yars revenge, i had never played it before and was worried i might not be able for it. i watched youtube videos, guys had double my scores at half way thru the game which made no sense. i kept going. took me 4 hrs too beat. as i suck, ill go with 8/10

warlords was enoying, can be done with multiple pads, still tricky tho. probably the best way to make this easy would be online multiplayer, everyone hold on to a flame, making this easy as pie =)

• 4 months later...

Lockout :silver: Trophy Guide

(Win a game of Pong against the AI without losing a point to it)

Highlight PONG (Page 1 — Row 3, Column 2) :

• Press Options to select "Options"
  • Select "Game" and press Cross
  • PONG: GAME OPTIONS
    • Points to Win: 11
    • Difficulty: Easy Note from the writer: I think that this is an important factor in order to make the glitch work. I also tested it on "Normal" difficulty but couldn't get the glitch to work on it.
    • Gap at Corners: Yes
  • Press now Circle to go back, press Circle to go back again, and press Cross to play
  • Press Cross, and after that Options, a menu will appear
  • Select "RESET" and press Cross
  • A new menu will appear, asking if you are sure to reset this game, go to "YES"
  • Press now quickly 2x the Cross button

If done correctly, the result will look something like this ⬇️⬇️⬇️

May need several tries to get this to work. Just repeat the above steps.

Hope this Trophy Guide was helpful (^_^ )

Footnote: Successfully executed and successfully found out how to duplicate by Official-ME- | after searching the internet, I founded that someone else already encountered this glitch, but the person doesn't seem to know how to duplicate it. Link to video HERE

• Like 1

Bank Shot :gold: Trophy Guide

(Score a kill in Combat's Tank-Pong using a shot that has bounced at least 7 times)

Highlight COMBAT (Page 2 — Row 5, Column 2) :

• press Cross to open the game. If the console isn't opened by default, press Options and select console
  • Press now nine times R1 to select game number 9 "Tank-pong, bounced shot skills, easy maze"
  • Press Options to let the console disappear and start the game
  • Switch to another user, you can create a new user by going to Switch User ➜ New User ➜ Play as a Guest
  • Align your Tank as shown on the pictureoICWjSc.jpg
  • Switch back to your main account
  • With your main account, fire now a shot by pressing Cross
  • If everything was aligned correctly, the shot will bounce eight times before hitting the other player's Tank

Bank Shot — Video Guide

Edited by Pixel-DRAGON-
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...