COD: Modern Warfare PS4 trophy list thoughts

Mile High Club is a giant pain in the ass, good luck to those who try it. 

Parker

Fond memories of earning this achievement. First time I made it to the end, I shot the guy in the leg :facepalm:; but... Veteran's only take headshots. :lol:

Edited by StarFang7
  • Like 1

Thanks for the (convenient) link, brah!

So let me get this straight... .. . There are no online trophies.. at all??

Quick mini rant, that makes 100% no sense. COD4 has a competitive, beloved, highly rated, successful, and focused MP component. ON TOP OF THAT, the MP is even MORE focused on in the remaster and will get MOST of the post release content added to it. Im not ok with the decision. Not at least having simple ones like reach level 5, create your first class, unlock this class, play on all maps, etc is downright weird. This isnt a campaign only game so its list should not pertain and relate to just SP. MP trophies are only annoying when theyre troublesome, very grindy, and require luck, so not too many people should be relieved this game has no online trophies as its clearly a stupid decision. This isnt Just Cause 3, Fallout 3, The Order, etc.

I wonder if they changed up the veteran at all. Cause I remember Cod 4 being the 3rd worst veteran difficulty (behind Classic and WAW).

No. I hope its as hard as it was, if its not any harder. (My 100th Plat must be a 6/10 or higher.) Similar to U1 and other remasters, the improved framerate and controls should easily make it default easier anyway. Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

So let me get this straight... .. . There are no online trophies.. at all??

Quick mini rant, that makes 100% no sense. COD4 has a competitive, beloved, highly rated, successful, and focused MP component. ON TOP OF THAT, the MP is even MORE focused on in the remaster and will get MOST of the post release content added to it. Im not ok with the decision. Not at least having simple ones like reach level 5, create your first class, unlock this class, play on all maps, etc is downright weird. This isnt a campaign only game so its list should not pertain and relate to just SP. MP trophies are only annoying when theyre troublesome, very grindy, and require luck, so not too many people should be relieved this game has no online trophies as its clearly a stupid decision. This isnt Just Cause 3, Fallout 3, The Order, etc.

To each their own, I'm extremely glad there's no MP trophies and don't think there is as much a need for them as you seem to think. And so what if there isn't? Most of the CoDs have actually had none or hardly any pertaining to the online multiplayer; unlocking the weapons, attachments and prestiges were all the rewards you needed and it's not like CoD online is unpopular for lack of trophies! Online trophies suck IMO and I'm very glad devs are excluding them or making them much easier to obtain (the jump in easiness between the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations online trophies- and even then onto III and Black Flag with the Wolfpack 'solo' mode), for example

Seems like a pretty straight forward Platinum tbh fam. They added 10 or so misc trophies. But nothing too complicated.

It would've been nice if they added in a Multiplayer trophy here or there. Like get Level 10, reach first Prestige, get a knife kill, play every map or get your first kill. You know, easy stuff that won't make you gouge your eyes out.

If I recall Veteran and Mile High Club weren't that hard. Should be another easy Platinum. Too bad I won't get it, because of the Infinite Warfare bundle thing.

Hopefully they release it as a stand alone game in the future.

• Like 1

Mile High Club is a giant pain in the ass, good luck to those who try it. 

Parker

Sh!t, Mile high club i was hoping that it wouldn't return but I knew better. For those of you masochists that enjoy repeating parts of a game multiple times this one is for you, for the rest of us godspeed. 

• 1 month later...

For those interested it's Double XP weekend, I'll be on for sure.

I've started playing the campaign and it's equally as difficult as the 2007 release. I can't Believe i missed "Your Show Sux", I mentally thought I'd remembered were all the tv's are. Oh well, 1st run on veteran and second on easy. Oh, I also remember "No fighting in the war room" as being a pain in the ass.

• 3 years later...
On 11/24/2016 at 10:55 PM, Z1MZUM said:

Oh, I also remember "No fighting in the war room" as being a pain in the ass.

It surely is, especially on Veteran. I wish the squadmates could be a little more helpful at watching your back. One-hit deaths can really be annoying. Far along in the mission, there is one spot in the hallway with two doors straight across from each other... here, you need to position yourself just so and pick off the enemies guarding both room entrances, then go in. Having done that, I take the door on the right. Going that way, there's a pillar just ahead with a door to the left of it. Watch that place because another enemy will barge in... get your gun aimed and ready for him to show up because you have to kill him quickly. If not, he'll waste you ridiculously fast.

Flashbangs can help with this one.

Honestly, I think none of MW2019's Veteran mode missions are nearly this hard. Not that I mind though. The enemies in original MW's Vet seem to react superhumanly fast, and 1-hit deaths can be frustrating. Sometimes, when you're doing great... shit happens, back to that last check point.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

On 3/10/2016 at 3:07 AM, smellslikejavier said:

What are your thoughts on this list? I never played a Call of Duty game before, might get this one if it is sold as a standalone game at some point.

It's also the first time this game gets trophy support on a PlayStation platform.

Easy platinum. Got it platinum in one day I’m sure. The only difficult trophy was “One Shot, One Kill” I think its called, where you need to protect a guy at a carousel and in the end carry him to a helicopter on Veteran difficulty. That was the only frustrating trophy.