Rockstar teasing Red Dead 3 announcement?

Venocide

Keep in mind, if they were making a Red Dead Redemption Remaster, they'd not only hafta use new servers since the old ones suck, but Xbox One gamers would feel ripped off since they can buy the game as backwards compatible, and anyone who did could've just waited for the Remaster to come out, unless its for PS4/PC only, which kinda would suck even more. So if this is Red Dead related, its RD3

Keep in mind, if they were making a Red Dead Redemption Remaster, they'd not only hafta use new servers since the old ones suck, but Xbox One gamers would feel ripped off since they can buy the game as backwards compatible, and anyone who did could've just waited for the Remaster to come out, unless its for PS4/PC only, which kinda would suck even more. So if this is Red Dead related, its RD3

So far remasters don't have mp trophies, so there would be no need for new servers.

I'm all for a new Red Dead game. But I hope they come up with a more creative name, I vote for Grand Theft Horsey.

Weren't there also rumors about a Red Dead Redemption HD remaster earlier this year? I could see them announcing that soon, and making everyone think that these teasers were for that. Then they'll announce Grand Theft Horsey at E3 or something.

• Like 1

Another tease by Rockstar: https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/788001608827281408

Red-Dead-3-Teaser_10-17-16-600x338.jpg

Are people still doubting this? :P

I really want to read more into that image than is probably there.  I think it is more likely that this does indeed indicate a sequel is coming instead of a remaster, but I can't say for certain.  It would be cool if the image represents silhouettes of the main cast of characters, and it would be crazy if Rockstar let you play as each member of the "magnificent seven" seen above.  Most likely Rockstar just thought the image looked good (which it does) and it doesn't contain any clues.

I don't really know why some people find this so hard to grasp. Red Dead is the series. It doesn't matter that they aren't numbered. It's the same thing with the Tales series. It's always "Tales of Something" not Tales of Destiny 15 or whatever. :P They are still a part of the same series.

You would prefer a remaster over a new game? :blink:

YUP!! got the 100% on XBOX360 and ever since i made the switch back to Playstation i've always wanted to add it to my collection, i didn't get the PS3 version solely for how the multiplayer has been for the last few years and it's one of my all time favourites. So yes Remaster over new, it can't disappoint ya know. :)

YUP!! got the 100% on XBOX360 and ever since i made the switch back to Playstation i've always wanted to add it to my collection, i didn't get the PS3 version solely for how the multiplayer has been for the last few years and it's one of my all time favourites. So yes Remaster over new, it can't disappoint ya know. :)

You can still easily get all of the multiplayer trophies on it, heck it's even easier now with the glitched public lobbies

I really want to read more into that image than is probably there.  I think it is more likely that this does indeed indicate a sequel is coming instead of a remaster, but I can't say for certain.  It would be cool if the image represents silhouettes of the main cast of characters, and it would be crazy if Rockstar let you play as each member of the "magnificent seven" seen above.  Most likely Rockstar just thought the image looked good (which it does) and it doesn't contain any clues.

There's no way Rockstar would tease a remaster like this. That would be suicidal. Can you imagine how upset people would get? :P They know better than that. I think we can be pretty certain this is a sequel.

I do wonder if they will take the GTA V route and let you play as more than one character. That could be interesting. I don't think the people in the image are playable characters though. Seven of them seem a bit too much.

But by the sounds of it, you've already played Red Dead Redemption to death. I can't understand why you would want to play the same game again, and not a new one that could potentially be even better. It's not like you can't go back and play Redemption now anyway. 

• Like 1

Maybe it's a prequel that takes place during Marston's outlaw days? Doubt it's a sequel since Red Dead Redemption took place during the end of the Wild West.

That could be cool. I'd definitely be interested in that. My money is on a completely different story with different characters though. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

And you're right, it's unlikely that it will take place after the events of Redemption.

Edited by Undead Wolf

There's no way Rockstar would tease a remaster like this. That would be suicidal. Can you imagine how upset people would get? :P They know better than that. I think we can be pretty certain this is a sequel.

I do wonder if they will take the GTA V route and let you play as more than one character. That could be interesting. I don't think the people in the image are playable characters though. Seven of them seem a bit too much.

But by the sounds of it, you've already played Red Dead Redemption to death. I can't understand why you would want to play the same game again, and not a new one that could potentially be even better. It's not like you can't go back and play Redemption now anyway. 

I understand what you mean and "to death" is an understatement, i remember my online play time was close to 40 days, but a game like this for me personally comes once or twice in a console generation and to have that again with better graphics (hopefully the same leap GTAV did from PS3 to PS4) AWWW YEAH!!! You know?

It's one of those for me, stays with me and NEVER gets old :D

Edited by ABBUemo