IGC November 2016

thegirlruka

Are you really just saying WATCH_DOGS is 'fucking terrible' before you even played it  :facepalm:? Sorry, but that is one of the dumbest thing I've ever read on these forums. You say people are silly because they are upset they're not getting WATCH_DOGS as part of the IGC but another game because you think the game is 'fucking terrible' even though your copy is still sealed? Wow, just wow. Actually, if you would just have played the game first before posting this here, you would have known that WATCH_DOGS is actually far from 'fucking terrible'. Sure, the game might have not lived up to people's expectations at all but apart from that, WATCH_DOGS is at least worthy to be called a decent/good game. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but that doesn't instantly mean the game is 'fucking terrible'. Personally, I really enjoyed WATCH_DOGS and even had more fun with WATCH_DOGS than I'm currently having with GTA V so far (just started that a few weeks ago). And if you don't care about my opinion, there's always still Metacritic on which the game is rated 80/100.

The product that was shown off at E3 is not the final product. So yes, it is terrible. The developer failed to deliver. I'm sure it still has its redeeming qualities, but let's just say that I haven't had any reason to break its seal, and things will probably remain that way for another year or so. I can tell you are rather fond of the game, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten so triggered over someone's negative opinion of the game. But is my opinion that negative when I did go out of my way and purchase it? It's not like I'm waiting for it to go free before I can justify touching it.

I don't care about critics opinions of games either. I made a long post recently about how I hate people that need to wait for critics opinions before they decide for themselves whether the game will be for them or not. Harsh things were said, and I don't apologize for any of them. It's my stance, and nothing will change.

The product that was shown off at E3 is not the final product. So yes, it is terrible. The developer failed to deliver. I'm sure it still has its redeeming qualities, but let's just say that I haven't had any reason to break its seal, and things will probably remain that way for another year or so. I can tell you are rather fond of the game, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten so triggered over someone's negative opinion of the game. But is my opinion that negative when I did go out of my way and purchase it? It's not like I'm waiting for it to go free before I can justify touching it.

I am fond of the game, yes, but not so fond that I get 'triggered' over someone's negative opinion of the game. If someone hates a game I loved, I don't really care. However, you're calling the game 'fucking terrible' before you even broke the game's seal. I absolutely agree that the final product looked far from what they showed off at E3 and that is a bad thing for sure. That doesn't make the final product 'terrible' though. Even though it looks far from what Ubisoft promised it would be, the game can still be a good game. I really like the game but, like I said, I also really don't care if anyone says they thought the game was horrible. I just hate it when people call the game 'bad', 'garbage' or 'fucking terrible' without having even booted up the game once. It's just that so many people hate on WATCH_DOGS apart from its downgrades without playing the game first, just like you did in this thread. I don't care about negative talk about something, but it has to be justified.

I don't see the problem. Sony can't assume every single Playstation player is also a Plus member and besides, Plus members now have a permanent rental they have to continue paying to access and you have a title you can access once your Plus subscription lapses.

It's not shady for a developer to plan putting a title on sale many, many months ahead of time and then get approached by Sony and asked to be part of Plus. I think you're seeing conspiracy where there isn't one.

I think this is either a bit naive, or overly apologetic towards the practice.

I would not consider this a conspiracy, but it is definitely an intentional practice.

The Plus titles are set many months in advance. This has previously been confirmed by Sony. I am not sure of the lead time for sales, but I would think that would be significantly less of a lead gap vs the Plus line up.

The trend of putting titles on sale within a month of their inclusion into the Plus lineup is absolutely intentional. In fact, it is likely part of the deal the developers have with Sony, to squeeze out some more sales prior to going 'free'

Is it shady? That is a difficult question. It is business. It is about making money. It happens because there is no competition, and there is not enough pressure from consumers about the practice.

Compare this to retail stores, that simply could not get away with this. Most have a 30 or 60 day price guarantee. Sony does not have to do that with their digital monopoly.

But from an optics perspective, having a title on sale within 1 mo of going into the IGC certainly looks suspect, and it is disappointing to see consumers indifferent to the practice, let alone try to justify it.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

I think this is either a bit naive, or overly apologetic towards the practice.

The Plus titles are set many months in advance. This has previously been confirmed by Sony. I am not sure of the lead time for sales, but I would think that would be significantly less of a lead gap vs the Plus line up.

The trend of putting titles on sale within a month of their inclusion into the Plus lineup is absolutely intentional. In fact, it is likely part of the deal the developers have with Sony, to squeeze out some more sales prior to going 'free'

It happens because there is no competition, and there is not enough pressure from consumers about the practice.

Compare this to retail stores, that simply could not get away with this. Most have a 30 or 60 day price guarantee. Sony does not have to do that with their digital monopoly.

But from an optics perspective, having a title on sale within 1 mo of going into the IGC certainly looks suspect, and it is disappointing to see consumers indifferent to the practice, let alone try to justify it.

Just my opinion.

You're entrenched in your ideas, that's fine. I'd just like to point out that *most* stores have a 14 days or less adjustments for price reductions, not 30 or 60. You're also comparing physical goods to digital licenses. Consumers by and large have allowed for different rules to be in place for digital "goods".

The responsible consumers will know that their credit or debit cards provide price adjustment coverage for different time frames depending on the card type. Contact them for details and use them for these scenarios.

I'm neither naive or apologetic. I worked retail for longer than many of the members here have been alive. I know how far in advance some promotions are coordinated (many are a year in advance) and I'll guarantee that the Plus coordination team is a different team than the promotion (sale) team. I'm just not attributing to malice what is more likely incompetence.

This is just my opinion

• Like 1

Because it's always a repeat from what US/EU already got, and Asian got it 1~2 months later. And this time it is a lot different especially PS4 games because the one that different are usually PSVITA games, since most of free VITA games are not available in Asian countries. Also to make my point it's 4 this time instead of 2-3, I am surprise personally. Most probably just because depending on the games, because the ones that are different just simply because the games are not available to Asian countries yet (The Deadly Tower of Monsters, Letter Quest, Dirt 3)

I have yet to see killzone: shadowfall, guilty gear xrd: sign, evil within, or quite a few games that were on jp ps+ and available everywhere else. (If you only meant asia ps+ and not jp ps+, my mistake, carry-on)

How is it a step down from the last two months? They're games you bought. Meaning, games you bought with your own money because you felt like you would like them.

The last two months I owned at least 4 of the 6 games. It was a little brutal, but I found them fantastic months because I don't like taking the hypocrite route. It's great for other people, but makes me sad that I got baited into Sony's classic sale and flip for free mantra. Doesn't mean by any means that those months are any less as good as this one because I don't own any.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is a mediocre month just because I own the games in the IGC. If the following month (december) offered Infamous SS and Murdered Soul Suspect, for example, I would say it's a fantastic month despite being personally disappointed having both games.

That said, I think EGTR is a step down from Resident Evil and Lords of the Fallen, but again, that's my opinion and if you disagree then that's that.

Edited by jaehyun1009

I own the two ps4 games. May pick up Costume Quest. I would pick up Dirt 3, because of my new found love for Rally games, but not trying to buy all that DLC.

Is there any chance that the PS+ game will come with DLC? I already have platinum, if it came with DLC it would be amazing to 100%. Either way, I might hook up my PS3 to play with new people :D

Is there any chance that the PS+ game will come with DLC? I already have platinum, if it came with DLC it would be amazing to 100%. Either way, I might hook up my PS3 to play with new people :D

No. I don't think there has ever been a Plus title that threw in the DLC. If there has been, it is exceptionally rare. That is likely part of the reason why a lot of the titles that are chosen for Plus have DLC. Give away the base game and hope to get a boost in DLC sales.

It's unlikely that any of the DLC will be added. There were a few games which had one or two DLCs added for free like Assassin's Creed III or Batman: Arkham City but most of the time (/nearly always) you have to pay for all the DLC.

The worst part about the Dirt 3-DLC: There's no "season pass" or a package containing all the DLC. :|

Edited by Crimson Idol

It's unlikely that any of the DLC will be added. There were a few games which had one or two DLCs added for free like Assassin's Creed III or Batman: Arkham City but most of the time (/nearly always) you have to pay for all the DLC.

The worst part about the Dirt 3-DLC: There's no "season pass" or a package containing all the DLC. :|

Really? Arkham City came with DLC on PS Plus? Which pack(s) came with it then?

The Catwoman DLC:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/cid=EP1018-BLES00926_00-CATWOMANBUNDLE01

But it seems like this DLC comes automatically if you buy the game as a download. At least that's what the description reads. :facepalm:

Ah okay. I wondered why I didn't own any of the DLC packs but it seems like I didn't download it when it was part of the IGC (already have it on disc) :facepalm:.

Looking Forward to playing Everybody's Gone To The Rapture and The Tower of Deadly Monsters

​Been looking to buy ​Everybody's Gone To The Rapture ​for quite some time now and I am so happy I didn't !

To be honest I had no idea what The Tower of Deadly Monsters was about, but it looks like a fun game and a easy plat.

Overall not too bad of a month

The Catwoman DLC:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/cid=EP1018-BLES00926_00-CATWOMANBUNDLE01

But it seems like this DLC comes automatically if you buy the game as a download. At least that's what the description reads. :facepalm:

This is an auto-free for everyone with a new game. The only people who have to pay for that DLC are people who get a second-hand disc where the DLC code has already been used.

• Like 2