IGC November 2016

thegirlruka

So now I'm wondering how many people are going to be spelling dirty words in Letter Quest Remastered.  100%ed it on Steam, it's a fun game and not hard, but there are definitely some interesting words in the dictionary.

Word of advice, have a scrabble word finder available.  It helps a ton and the scoring for the words is similar enough.  There's loads of free ones online.

Sweet month for me, so glad I waited to buy the 2 PS4 games :D

Everybody's gone to the rapture

The dead,y tower of monsters

Costume quest 2

And pumped bmx+

Don't care about letter quest and already have dirt 3

All in all fantastic month :D

Exactly opposite for me, the one month where I have both of the PS4 games  :facepalm:

Definitely a step down from last 2 months even without factoring that in, but deadly tower of monsters is a decent 7/10 game with easy plat and unique humor style (which might not appeal to everyone) if anyone is interested.

Probably in the minority on this opinion, but EGTR was disappointing, worse than Ether One in terms of story imo.

How is it a step down from the last two months? They're games you bought. Meaning, games you bought with your own money because you felt like you would like them.

The last two months I owned at least 4 of the 6 games. It was a little brutal, but I found them fantastic months because I don't like taking the hypocrite route. It's great for other people, but makes me sad that I got baited into Sony's classic sale and flip for free mantra. Doesn't mean by any means that those months are any less as good as this one because I don't own any.

Wow are you serious with November line up!!! I pay $ 69.99 for a year, I'm not happy with the line up!

Did you actually pay $70 for the year? Or were you intelligent and paid $50 for a reup before the new price hit?

If it's the latter, then you didn't actually pay $70 for the year, so that argument is completely moot, my fellow Canadian friend.

So happy for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

FANTASTIC month for me. Rare month where I don't own any of the games.

I own Costume Quest 2.. Last month it was Mad Riders. Terrible. 6 games I don't own, Sony! /s 

But yeah, I'm pretty happy with this line-up. The next 10 months can be the purest of crap, and I don't think I'll regret buying a year sub.

Been waiting for Costume Quest 1 to go on sale for ages now, so I guess it's nice to have the sequel ready for whenever that actually happens.

Let me know when it does, so I can be even more annoyed it hasn't gone on sale here once, since I bought CQ2 years ago.  <_<

Edited by DamagingRob

I own Costume Quest 2.. Last month was it Mad Riders. Terrible. 6 games I don't own, Sony! /s 

But yeah, I'm pretty happy with this line-up. The next 10 months can be the purest of crap, and I don't think I'll regret buying a year sub.

Atta boy. Music to my ears. When I'm really happy with even one game, the subscription pays for itself. I've already gotten my money's worth for the two years I reupped, so I'm fairly content. Then again, I doubt I will be angry with future offerings, because I have a realistic mindset when it comes to expectations. It's so silly seeing people upset that Watch_Dogs isn't on a free title. You guys do realize Watch_Dogs is fucking terrible, right? Like, I bought that game new for $5 last year, and it's still sealed because I can't be bothered to play it. And people are really so up in arms because you want that? It's been $5 before, go out and get it when it's on sale, which it does go on many times. If you want something bad enough, grab it.

If you truly wanted something bad enough, you'd put your money where your mouth is, instead of waiting for it to slide by in the PS+ scrap heap.

I love Plus because it keeps giving me an extra revenue of games with fun (and/or easy) trophies, and games that I sometimes am interested in getting, but I have a general understanding of the kind of game that will go free, so I avoid getting burned more often than not (excluding the last two months). Everything about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture screamed free to me, so I knew it was coming, and patience would pay off.

Nothing really sings "free to PS+" about Watch_Dogs to me, except that it's been in the bargain bin for years now, because it's universally shit on. The actual core of the game though? Definitely not.

Atta boy. Music to my ears. When I'm really happy with even one game, the subscription pays for itself. I've already gotten my money's worth for the two years I reupped, so I'm fairly content. Then again, I doubt I will be angry with future offerings, because I have a realistic mindset when it comes to expectations. It's so silly seeing people upset that Watch_Dogs isn't on a free title. You guys do realize Watch_Dogs is fucking terrible, right? Like, I bought that game new for $5 last year, and it's still sealed because I can't be bothered to play it. And people are really so up in arms because you want that? It's been $5 before, go out and get it when it's on sale, which it does go on many times. If you want something bad enough, grab it.

If you truly wanted something bad enough, you'd put your money where your mouth is, instead of waiting for it to slide by in the PS+ scrap heap.

I love Plus because it keeps giving me an extra revenue of games with fun (and/or easy) trophies, and games that I sometimes am interested in getting, but I have a general understanding of the kind of game that will go free, so I avoid getting burned more often than not (excluding the last two months). Everything about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture screamed free to me, so I knew it was coming, and patience would pay off.

Nothing really sings "free to PS+" about Watch_Dogs to me, except that it's been in the bargain bin for years now, because it's universally shit on. The actual core of the game though? Definitely not.

I'd urge anyone to give Watch_Dogs a shot. ...Just don't shoot the messenger, if you go for the Plat. That song trophy was a real bitch ^^' 

And yep, just with 5 games I wanted to play given in the last 2 months, I'm extremely happy with my purchase already. Don't know how so many can be so unhappy with it.  :dunno:

I'd urge anyone to give Watch_Dogs a shot. ...Just don't shoot the messenger, if you go for the Plat. That song trophy was a real bitch ^^' 

And yep, just with 5 games I wanted to play given in the last 2 months, I'm extremely happy with my purchase already. Don't know how so many can be so unhappy with it.  :dunno:

Speaking of song trophy, I want to start Drakengard 3 soon, but my god the trophy you have to get for all endings, including the song that you have to do, is demented.

Off topic, I should give Watch_Dogs a chance, I'm just saying if you're getting bent out of shape because that game isn't on this month's list... well, I'm not going to say anymore mean things. Lord knows people hate me enough as is.

Let's do this. B) I see him!

Well maybe you should of taken their incompetence into consideration before you made that prediction. :P You were 95% sure it was going to happen if I remember correctly. xD

I did. That's why 95% :P

Sorry, I forgot that the Vita doesnt have any games :awesome: .

Of course :awesome:

But in this case, I meant that there isn't actually Vita lineup but cross-platform lineup.

Since there isn't one Vita game this time :/

It's so silly seeing people upset that Watch_Dogs isn't on a free title. You guys do realize Watch_Dogs is fucking terrible, right? Like, I bought that game new for $5 last year, and it's still sealed because I can't be bothered to play it. And people are really so up in arms because you want that? It's been $5 before, go out and get it when it's on sale, which it does go on many times. If you want something bad enough, grab it.

Are you really just saying WATCH_DOGS is 'fucking terrible' before you even played it  :facepalm:? Sorry, but that is one of the dumbest thing I've ever read on these forums. You say people are silly because they are upset they're not getting WATCH_DOGS as part of the IGC but another game because you think the game is 'fucking terrible' even though your copy is still sealed? Wow, just wow. Actually, if you would just have played the game first before posting this here, you would have known that WATCH_DOGS is actually far from 'fucking terrible'. Sure, the game might have not lived up to people's expectations at all but apart from that, WATCH_DOGS is at least worthy to be called a decent/good game. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but that doesn't instantly mean the game is 'fucking terrible'. Personally, I really enjoyed WATCH_DOGS and even had more fun with WATCH_DOGS than I'm currently having with GTA V so far (just started that a few weeks ago). And if you don't care about my opinion, there's always still Metacritic on which the game is rated 80/100.

I'm going to download all of them except dirt 3 and costume quest 2 because i dont have a ps3.

everybody's gone to the raptor and the deadly tower of monsters look like easy platinums

and pumped bmx+ and letter quest remastered look like easy 100 %

that's the biggest reason i am going to play them 

This is good list.. asian list has 4 ps4 games.. 2 are cross platform though.. and instead of deadly tower of monster there is saints row 4.. so according me.. it will be a nice month

It's quite shocking Asian got different games for next month with only 2 games are the same (Everybody's Gone To The Rapture & Pumped BMX+)

It's quite lucrative month for me personally, and yeah finally gets Everybody's Gone To The Rapture! After holding off buying this because there are lots of time this goes on sale. :P

Edited by gary_danial

It's quite shocking Asian got different games for next month with only 2 games are the same (Everybody's Gone To The Rapture & Pumped BMX+)

Why is it shocking? It's been that way on Japan and Asia stores for some time.

Earlier, JP and Asia got completely different ones, recently they have been getting 2 or 3 same games as the west. =)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Why is it shocking? It's been that way on Japan and Asia stores for some time.

Earlier, JP and Asia got completely different ones, recently they have been getting 2 or 3 same games as the west. =)

Because it's always a repeat from what US/EU already got, and Asian got it 1~2 months later. And this time it is a lot different especially PS4 games because the one that different are usually PSVITA games, since most of free VITA games are not available in Asian countries. Also to make my point it's 4 this time instead of 2-3, I am surprise personally. Most probably just because depending on the games, because the ones that are different just simply because the games are not available to Asian countries yet (The Deadly Tower of Monsters, Letter Quest, Dirt 3)

Edited by gary_danial

Another excellent month!

So glad I held out for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, as I knew it would eventually come to PS Plus.

Deadly Tower of Monsters looks interesting and will definitely give that a try.

I've given up purchasing indie titles from the PSN store, as they will eventually make it to PS Plus at some point down the line.

They are becoming more & more bullish about putting games on sale right before they come to Plus. Letter Quest is on sale right now (which I purchased) & Everybody's Gone To The Rapture has only just come off sale.

I don't personally mind all that much as I buy a lot of games just to support them, especially anything on Vita. & that's the gambit you run in buying anything. It's a little shady though. At least leave a month gap.

This is probably something we should all get on Sony about now before it becomes the norm. Nice month for Plus though, I'm looking forward to it.

I don't see the problem. Sony can't assume every single Playstation player is also a Plus member and besides, Plus members now have a permanent rental they have to continue paying to access and you have a title you can access once your Plus subscription lapses.

It's not shady for a developer to plan putting a title on sale many, many months ahead of time and then get approached by Sony and asked to be part of Plus. I think you're seeing conspiracy where there isn't one.

• Like 2