The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

6 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Thanks mate. Yeah I'd like a few more UR's, I find that you generally need a few good players helping you with MP or co-op because so many games feature that these days. Then again, I do have Thief and I have Styx: Master Of Shadows which require neither so I have a couple of options.

I had a look at JB Hifi to make sure it wasn't just an EB typo and sure enough, if you pre-order the deluxe edition, you get it 3 days earlier as well as 3 extra content packages. I've always loved The Sims. Interesting story, The Sims 3 on PS3 was my first ever Ultra Rare platinum!

I reckon reducing your unearned trophy count to below 3000 is highly possible for you. I can see you've got a couple of games that are close to platinum as well. We'll make a 50 platinum player out of you yet ?

That's true and can definitely be a pain. Well starting with them might spur you on for ones that need boosting.

Oh good, glad it's not a typo. Definitely gonna go to EB and pre-order it. The Sims have a way of making people like it. Lol, it started the ultra rare collection.

Here's hoping anyway. Yeah some of those are waiting on me to plat the other games in series eg Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Others like Rugby League Live 3 just need some effort. Ha ha ha it's on the cards hey 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Here we are at the halfway mark of August. I know my update today is quite late. It was actually my birthday today ?? and I've spent the day being treated by my wife and daughter and extended family. I managed to score Yooka-Laylee and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age which I'm rapt about. Bub helped to pick out my favourite chocolates (with mummy's help). I even managed to squeeze out a birthday platinum with Dying: Reborn on the Vita no less!

This month I have managed to tick off 2 of my challenges, hitting 80% completion and hitting 200 platinums. Pretty happy with my progress there. That 10,000 total trophy count is looming in the horizon, I can now catch a glimpse at it's beauty on a sunny day with light or no cloud cover. But other than that I'm actually feeling a bit lost after breaking into the Aussie top 50 and popping 200 platinums. Guess I could go for 300? Maybe work on some Ultra Rare platinums? Backlog games??? Helloooooooooooooooo???

Happy birthday Matt!

You definitely need to go for 300 platinums, then there's always 49 other Australians above you that you could chase down.

10 hours ago, Feral said:

I've forgotten about other goals now that getting my unearned trophies under 3000 is looking like it'll happen. It's my only focus for now.

I think that you should shift your focus to taking a nice long vacation from gaming whilst taking the opportunity to source the best packets of Tim Tams in the world to send me :P

On a side note, platinum #36 = Crash Bandicoot. Finally! Just the relic on Stormy Ascent to go...

• Like 3

@fisty, I see you were on the fence with Paranormal activity, would suggesrt waiting, the tracking is not great, spent 20 mins getting camera angle right to pickup torch in tutorial. Good once it was working but blurry, apparently patch coming. Lasted 25 mins once working, scary as all fark 

Edited by CjShai

24 minutes ago, CjShai said:

I see you were on the fence with Paranormal activity, would suggesrt waiting, the tracking is not great, spent 20 mins getting camera angle right to pickup torch in tutorial. Good once it was working but blurry, apparently patch coming. Lasted 25 mins once working, scary as all fark 

I seen the price and went yep... I will wait for now.

EB games is doing a level 5 membership, It comes in the mail and goes on both carrot points and using a wide range of EB services. I got an email that I missed from EB that said we have something cool to give can you confirm this is your address on the 1st of August so I am hoping its a level 5 membership card. A few twitter posts today had people get them in the mail with EB saying we are still posting them out.

The level 5 membership gives you the following

• A dedicated customer service email
  • 25% Bonus Trade Credit
  • 10% Discount on Reboot Repairs
  • 20% off Threadz at EB & Zing
  • 20 Days Satisfaction Returns Period
  • Free Ticket To EB EXpo
  • 3 Week Pre-order Hold Guarantee
  • Upgrade A Friend To Level 3 for 1 Year
  • Birthday Offer
  • Christmas Gift
  • Personalised Membership guard
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

EB games is doing a level 5 membership, It comes in the mail and goes on both carrot points and using a wide range of EB services. I got an email that I missed from EB that said we have something cool to give can you confirm this is your address on the 1st of August so I am hoping its a level 5 membership card. A few twitter posts today had people get them in the mail with EB saying we are still posting them out.

• 25% Bonus Trade Credit
  • Free Ticket To EB EXpo
  • Birthday Offer
  • Christmas Gift

Nice haven't heard anything yet, but not holding out. EB tends to reward the players that just constantly trade in games and abuse that 7 day policy for the points and games. It's a funny business model but obviously works. I quite like them as a store but I'm tired of supporting degens that do this in the backs of people paying for games. 

13 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Nice haven't heard anything yet, but not holding out. EB tends to reward the players that just constantly trade in games and abuse that 7 day policy for the points and games. It's a funny business model but obviously works. I quite like them as a store but I'm tired of supporting degens that do this in the backs of people paying for games. 

Your not wrong, I never use to trade in games but I have long run out of room so I do a bulk of 10 games every so many months a lot of them being 3DS you get a nice return on a lot of them.
I have only used that 7 day policy a handful of times as most of the games I buy take a large amount of time to plat not to mention I have 30+ unopened games still here :) .

However if I do get level 5 it is not a bad offer of 20 Days Satisfaction Returns Period. A hardcore gamer that does not work will or works part time will dive on that.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

@fisty123 if you don't get it I would try ringing head office. I have found them very good and I am sure they will sort it out. I have nothing against people trading games, more power to them, I just think repeatively abusing that 7 day thing is bullshit regardless of your situation. It's model reliant on people paying full price for games, something the angle shooters fail to see

10 hours ago, fisty123 said:

• 25% Bonus Trade Credit
  • Free Ticket To EB EXpo
  • Birthday Offer
  • Christmas Gift

That's awesome, I hope I qualify for a Level 5 membership. Do you know how many carrots you need to qualify, or maybe a rough idea, I'd appreciate that.

8 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

That's awesome, I hope I qualify for a Level 5 membership. Do you know how many carrots you need to qualify, or maybe a rough idea, I'd appreciate that.

Speaking to my local store manager it goes on both carrots and how much you use EB's other functions like trade-ins and pre orders and so on. However no manager in my location or surrounding area knows the full requirements to get the level up.

They all said that you should have received an email within the last few weeks from EB, I am just hoping the email I got with the line of "do we have your correct address?" is the email in question,

The email said the following:
We've got something cool we want to share with you very soon but we need to make sure we have your correct postal address. Our records show you're currently located at:

I have not received anything so I am assuming this email might be linked to level 5 as some people started to receive level 5 cards in the mail on Friday

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

Speaking to my local store manager it goes on both carrots and how much you use EB's other functions like trade-ins and pre orders and so on. However no manager in my location or surrounding area knows the full requirements to get the level up.

They all said that you should have received an email within the last few weeks from EB, I am just hoping the email I got with the line of "do we have your correct address?" is the email in question,

The email said the following:
We've got something cool we want to share with you very soon but we need to make sure we have your correct postal address. Our records show you're currently located at:

I have not received anything so I am assuming this email might be linked to level 5 as some people started to receive level 5 cards in the mail on Friday

Hmm.... better check my emails...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Apparently Its only for the people who bought a lot of stuff regularly between January and May. So most of us wont be getting anything in the mail despite how many carrots you have ;)

guess that mean i get nothing like always

• Like 3

8 hours ago, xDLloyd091x said:

Maybe there should be a German trophy hunt, but not sure how many members would care :S 

That's up to you to find out mate, all you need is some motivation. You could start a topic/comp like Fisty suggested or look for other Germans through the leaderboards and try to strike up a conversation and see if any of them are interested in creating groups. Gotta plant the seed to get the fruit mate ????

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Does anyone get birthday offers from the EB card emailed. I never get anything for my birthday. Level 3 & 4 (and now 5) are meant to get it.

I've gotten them the last couple of years. If I recall correctly, they've all been +50% trade value vouchers. I'm only level 3, not sure if they're different for higher levels.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CrestfallenV said:

I've gotten them the last couple of years. If I recall correctly, they've all been +50% trade value vouchers. I'm only level 3, not sure if they're different for higher levels.

I guess they just dont like me then :P

14 hours ago, xDLloyd091x said:

Maybe there should be a German trophy hunt, but not sure how many members would care :S 

Maybe there should be, assuming that you're willing to pay royalties :P. Although we all know that the Australian version will be superior, just like our football team and our car brands! Oh wait.... :facepalm:

Also I finally just achieved a gold relic on Stormy Ascent! It only took approximately 200 attempts but I beat @Gibbo_0113's time by 21 seconds! I thought that you were good at video games mate :P

• Like 4