[NA] TGI Black Friday Sale

Aranea Highwind

Hoping the Flash Sale would be stuffs that were actual on sale everywhere on Thxsgiving; like any of these DBZ Xenoverse 2, Skyrim Remaster, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, World of Final Fantasy, Bioshock Collection, Rise of Tomb Raider. If so then I can sell the physicals off. Win Win.

Oh and, careful what you buy...some of these flash sales or TGI Black friday games might just end up on plus next month....or the next.

The Flash Sale is indeed going to happen this weekend. For those of you who haven't use the 10% off code yet save it for this weekend sale.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/22/black-friday-starts-now-at-playstation-store/

Hey, I tried to warn people. But if people can't wait a few days, can't stop 'em. I'm playing Pokemon Moon so I'm damn sure in no hurry to get what I want.

Hoping the Flash Sale would be stuffs that were actual on sale everywhere on Thxsgiving; like any of these DBZ Xenoverse 2, Skyrim Remaster, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, World of Final Fantasy, Bioshock Collection, Rise of Tomb Raider. If so then I can sell the physicals off. Win Win.

Oh and, careful what you buy...some of these flash sales or TGI Black friday games might just end up on plus next month....or the next.

After doing some brief analysis (which anybody can do), last year's Black Friday flash sale wasn't too great (at least for me), and there was maybe 3 games that eventually went to PS+ within the year. So, while the risk to be burned is there, I figure it's marginal. 

Can't worry too much about if something will go free though, otherwise you'll stop buying games altogether.

Hey, I tried to warn people. But if people can't wait a few days, can't stop 'em. I'm playing Pokemon Moon so I'm damn sure in no hurry to get what I want.

After doing some brief analysis (which anybody can do), last year's Black Friday flash sale wasn't too great (at least for me), and there was maybe 3 games that eventually went to PS+ within the year. So, while the risk to be burned is there, I figure it's marginal. 

Can't worry too much about if something will go free though, otherwise you'll stop buying games altogether.

My copy is supposed to arrive today, can't wait

I doubt that World of Final Fantasy and DBZ Xenoverse 2 will be on sale since they are recent releases.

We have to be thankful if a 2015 game make the flash sale list and not just a bunch of GTA or PS One games.

haha... you can only buy 150$ of stuff at a time?? lame...with the current TGIBF sale I already racked up 150, might have to remove some if Flash Sale BF has anything good. Well to take advantage of the 10% discount that is. Dang. -_-

I doubt that World of Final Fantasy and DBZ Xenoverse 2 will be on sale since they are recent releases.

We have to be thankful if a 2015 game make the flash sale list and not just a bunch of GTA or PS One games.

I doubt too, but seeing as everywhere is putting Overwatch on sale for 35$ physical, and PSN did too. I was hoping a little, PSN would follow some of the actual sales going around physical retails. As most major retails are having those games for $25-$35. Ex. Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Gamestop. Can only hope.

Picked up the Hitman game. Cheapest it's likely to be for a while. Also got Overwatch for the same price on a physical copy from Gamestop (unopened of course, might even wait until xmas). Holding off on Batman until TT drops to $5 or less like Borderlands is.

I have so many games right now its ridiculous but of course I will anxiously wait to see if the flash is a good sale for me, there's really only a few left on my must have list. And a few more I'd consider for the right price.

Nothing I'm really interested in unfortunately, and the stuff I am interested in I already have on my system. I already have a bunch of games I got for free for being a PS Plus member that I haven't even touched.

Thanks for the hard work for this amazing thread.

There is i think also a save 80% going on in the US store. Tales From The Borderlands just 1,49 or 2,99 for not PS plus members, pretty easy plat.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=tales%20from%20the%20borderlands

Read the PM I sent you.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

i got burning blood on vita. pretty great IMO but i'll be done in the next day or two in time for friday. xD then i'll have all the one piece plats. c';

i want to know how SAO lost song is. i've still yet to play HF, but its the cheapest its been. but maybe wait till it hits as low as HF sales prices idk. it seems like its more bashed than praised.

i got burning blood on vita. pretty great IMO but i'll be done in the next day or two in time for friday. xD then i'll have all the one piece plats. c';

i want to know how SAO lost song is. i've still yet to play HF, but its the cheapest its been. but maybe wait till it hits as low as HF sales prices idk. it seems like its more bashed than praised.

Agree, if your not going to play it immediate. Just wait. They will be cheaper actually after holidays, it had always been like that. I doubt this year would be any different. For me personally though, I set a price that is right, and buy games that hit that range because honestly any game you can wait it out will always end up cheaper.

Like other SAO games, if you like the anime, you are going to like the game, otherwise... it's pretty short RPG considering everything. Plus, you should first play Hollow Fragment anyway =D

Gonna wait till Black Friday since the PS Blog said that they're gonna add more deals later this week (probably on Black Friday). Sale ends on the 29th so I got time. I recommend you guys wait too.

So far I'm gonna pick up

Far Cry 4(didn't get it at launch since I beat Far Cry 3 a little before this came out and didn't want to be burnt out by playing this)

AC: Syndicate(hope it's better than Unity, that's why I didn't get it at launch)

Megadimension Neptunia VII(need more nep nep)

Tales from the Borderlands( I keep hearing it's really good and I'm a fan of the borderlands universe)

Edited by Nano1124

i should of bought on tuesday, either way i would of ended up winning. bought this morning: 

Mad Max (ps4)
Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition (ps4)
minecraft story mode: season pass deluxe (ps4)
digimon story cyber sleuth (vita)
sword art online: lost song (vita)
one piece: pirate warriors 3 (vita)

surprisingly the last 3 seem to be 1 plat across all systems.

as to future platinum hunting, i may end up starting minecraft story mode after sly 2 despite heeding the warning of a few missable and some ending choices (just like in the wolf among us).

to the guy asking about nep, i thought the best game was rebirth 1. though others say rebirth 3. skip 2 :( it doesn't add anything too good other than one of the saddest endings ever.

Edited by kingdrake2

So... Hyperdimension people... I want to get one of the Hyperdimensions for the Vita since they're discounted, but only one since I'm already completely busy with games.

So which one is the best entry point?

Rebirth 2 is totally worth playing just to see the conquest ending. I think all of the Rebirth games are worth playing and think Rebirth 3 is the best of those three.

The best entry point is Rebirth 1 though. If you like that one then I think you'll like the sequels too. Megadimension is the sequel to Rebirth 3. After finishing Rebirth 3 you're free to touch the spin offs.

Also that new Tomb Raiders and Deus Ex Mankind Divided was also added into the sale!

• Like 1

So... Hyperdimension people... I want to get one of the Hyperdimensions for the Vita since they're discounted, but only one since I'm already completely busy with games.

Rebirth 1 because is a remaster of the first one that got released for ps3.   

Edited by ElEyeman

The game is nothing more than mediocre if you don't like only just messing around in the massive open world a bit. I have played the game for at least 15 hours already and only completed the first 2 story missions. Those missions were super boring in my opinion but I absolutely love just messing around in the beautiful, massive open world. I like conquering enemy bases that all look very similar to each other over and over again (just like the outposts in the Far Cry series) and destroying the same bridge over and over again :P. If you don't think you'll enjoy the messing around that much, I wouldn't go for it as that's pretty much the best the game has to offer.

EDIT: I haven't encountered any FPS drops as far as I know, so that's probably not that big of a deal ;).

Thanks, think i'll get it then, but i'll still follow story missions first.  :)

-Rebirth1 is the best, i think it was the only one with the most effort put into it.

Everything is different compared to the 1st PS3 game.

Story is still the same, but they redone everything, also all the maker characters are part of it, not just IF and Compa.

-Rebirth2 is pretty much the same as mk2 they just replaced Nisa and Gust for Red and Broccoli.

-Rebirth3 is exactly the same as Victory, they didnt even bother to add the maker characters to the main game/story, you have to download them, just like the PS3 game.

Edited by GrayFT