Stardew Valley PS4 Release Date Announced

Parker

This is one of my favorite PC games. I've been a huge fan of the Harvest Moon series since the original and this game feels like a natural evolution of the Harvest Moon series. 

[UpdateStardew Valley is also coming to PS4 next month, on December 13, according to creator Eric Barone. Unsurprisingly, the planned Wii U port has been dropped in favor of a Nintendo Switch version.

"I believe that the Switch's unique capabilities could create some exciting opportunities for Stardew Valley," he wrote. "I do want to emphasize that I am absolutely committed to seeing Stardew Valley on Nintendo platforms, and I really do appreciate your support and understanding in this.]

I wasn't so sure Stardew Valley would make it to any consoles before the new year, but the feel-good farmer life sim will be releasing for Xbox One on December 14, 2016. So, really soon!

Creator Eric Barone has previously discussed Wii U and PlayStation 4 ports as well, though today's news seems to be solely about the Xbox One version. I have to assume the rest will follow and hopefully release this year as well. This would make for a great holiday-break game.

As far as pricing and what content will make it in at launch, it looks like we'll have to wait on that info.

Source: Destructoid

Parker

• Like 4

Oh my God, yessss :holy:! This has been on my 'wanted' list for PC for so long, and I just kept putting it off but now that it's coming to console I'll have no other choice (and maybe if the price is somewhat decent I'll still get in on PC too). Thanks for the info!

Edited by FFHannibal

On 29/11/2016 at 6:56 PM, FFHannibal said:

Oh my God, yessss :holy:! This has been on my 'wanted' list for PC for so long, and I just kept putting it off but now that it's coming to console I'll have no other choice (and maybe if the price is somewhat decent I'll still get in on PC too). Thanks for the info!

platinum

Edited by yoamosilenthill

I'm definitely excited for this, as I have over 200 hours on the Steam version and still going strong.

There's the Xbox One achievements for the game on exophase now: https://www.exophase.com/game/stardew-valley-xbox-one/achievements/

Could give us an idea as to what to expect, trophy wise that is... and with a list like that, one can only assume there will be a platinum with it.

Definitely not going to be an easy list due to Fector's challenge. Master Angler will probably deter a lot of people as well. Everything else is easy though.

I'm definitely excited for this, as I have over 200 hours on the Steam version and still going strong.

Definitely not going to be an easy list due to Fector's challenge. Master Angler will probably deter a lot of people as well. Everything else is easy though.

What does Fector's challenge consist of? Does he or she ask you to do something that is rather tough I take it?

What does Fector's challenge consist of? Does he or she ask you to do something that is rather tough I take it?

You have to beat a pretty difficult mini-game without dying once. It takes a large amount of skill and RNG (which can be somewhat in your favor based on your character's luck for that day). The Steam achievement is at 0.28% or so, and I was only able to get it due to a glitch in a very early patch. Since then, I haven't been able to get it legitimately. 

EDIT: Here's a video of someone earning it.

Edited by Makilio

You have to beat a pretty difficult mini-game without dying once. It takes a large amount of skill and RNG (which can be somewhat in your favor based on your character's luck for that day). The Steam achievement is at 0.28% or so, and I was only able to get it due to a glitch in a very early patch. Since then, I haven't been able to get it legitimately. 

EDIT: Here's a video of someone earning it.

That sounds like it would be horrible... but hey, not gonna stop me from playing the game regardless... just two weeks by the looks of it, so long as the EU gets it the same time as the US does :D

Saw this game a lot around like 2-3 months ago i think when it came out and looks quite cool, i like this kind of game but if the trophies are gonna be sooo long and maybe annoying as i guess i'll pass since it's not really a game i really really want :P But if it's doable and the price reasonable why not :)

Will definitely pick this up at some point (probably after a sale).  Would be the perfect Vita game, but doesn't look like that is going to happen.  Now we just need an announcement that the PS4/Vita version of Starbound is releasing soon as well.

Well Starbound is still on Constant update on PC with new stuff i suppose for that we have to wait when it's more or less full completed or i guess so :P

And i hope too that Starbound goes even on Vita, it will be such a wasted chance not putting a game perfect there to play sometimes...

• Like 1

Well Starbound is still on Constant update on PC with new stuff i suppose for that we have to wait when it's more or less full completed or i guess so :P

And i hope too that Starbound goes even on Vita, it will be such a wasted chance not putting a game perfect there to play sometimes...

I hope so too on the Vita version of Starbound.  I don't think the developers have to wait.  The early version of Terraria I played on PS3 is so much different than the version of Terraria I still play on Vita now and then.  The updates take a lot longer to come out on consoles/handhelds than on PC, but it does seem like they eventually find their way over.

I hope so too on the Vita version of Starbound.  I don't think the developers have to wait.  The early version of Terraria I played on PS3 is so much different than the version of Terraria I still play on Vita now and then.  The updates take a lot longer to come out on consoles/handhelds than on PC, but it does seem like they eventually find their way over.

Yeah i guess so, in the end they could already publish it, most of the gamepaly is done and the story is too i guess they just want to be sure to make it work on console well without problems and not having to fix it so hopefully we'll see it next year because it's such a great game! Plus i hope they will make some little Mod Shops or add some Mod stuff on console that make the game nicer especially the one for stck Food because it's stupid that some Stack and some others don't taking spaces in the backpack :P

Anyway guess we'll ahve to wai and hopefully even on Vita would be such a shame if even this is Ps4 only.... But maybe we could hope anyway, salt and sanctuary will be out next year on Vita if everything is fine for example :3