Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Announcement Trailer

Parker

Soooooooo excited for this one, and apparently it's a new game not the DLC! Not sure if that's confirmed yet though is it?

I just knew this was Uncharted when it came on, then I thought is that? No, it can't be! And it was! Chloe's return. So happy! :D

Yea, should be a full-fledged game.

I believe it is a standalone DLC like TLoU: Left Behind or Infamous First Light. Not a completely full fledged game but it should be good for at least a few hours. 

Parker

Yea, should be a full-fledged game.

But the question is: is it the previously announced single player DLC expanded into its own game, or is it a new spin-off? I don't know if I should expect this *and* the DLC still is what I mean. I wouldn't mind that to be honest! :awesome:

Why did it have to be the character I hate the most and Nadine .. Nadine is just .. Nadine .. meh 

This actually might be a good thing for Nadine. I didn't really care for her in A Thief's End because she wasn't fleshed out at all but if she is one of the main characters in this game it could do a lot of good for her character development. 

Parker

• Like 2

I believe it is a standalone DLC like TLoU: Left Behind or Infamous First Light. Not a completely full fledged game but it should be good for at least a few hours. 

Parker

But the question is: is it the previously announced single player DLC expanded into its own game, or is it a new spin-off? I don't know if I should expect this *and* the DLC still is what I mean. I wouldn't mind that to be honest! :awesome:

Dunno, dunno. I'm just going by what they sad on the panels after the conference ended.

I guess standalone DLC could be the correct term to describe it. 

In any case, it should be independent on U4 in terms of story.

This actually might be a good thing for Nadine. I didn't really care for her in A Thief's End because she wasn't fleshed out at all but if she is one of the main characters in this game it could do a lot of good for her character development. 

Parker

I think you're spot on here, what with her being one of the villains of A Thief's End there wasn't enough time to flesh her out.

I also think that Nadine and Chloe will play off each other very well. The setting also looks really great!

Wow, this looks awesome! I was so disappointed with Uncharted 4 and thought Sam and the other new character (won't spoil it here :P) also partly ruined the game for me. I did think Nadine had a lot of potential as a villain and liked her performance in Uncharted 4 so that's a plus. I really like how this stand-alone (DLC?) features her AND the character that I missed most in Uncharted 4, Chloe :D. This trailer was really cool and I just hope the story is completely independent from Uncharted 4's story. I'm really excited for this xD.

• Like 1

It looks fantastic! Very excited to get my hands on this. I'm so glad Chloe is back! I hope we see Charlie Cutter make an appearance too. It's interesting that Nadine a part of this. Like many, I thought she wasn't very well fleshed out in the main game, so I'm hoping this DLC expands on her character. It would be cool to flesh out Sam a bit too because the whole brother thing felt a little forced with how little we knew about him. Also, I'd love an appearance by the one and only Victor Sullivan. I was a little disappointed with how little he was in the main game, so this is the perfect opportunity to correct that.

Edited by Undead Wolf

Some more details via IGN

Naughty Dog has shared a few story and setting details about Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, shedding light on what fans can expect from Chloe and Nadine's upcoming standalone adventure, which was announced today for PS4.

During a panel today at PSX 2016, creative director Shaun Escayg confirmed that The Lost Legacy will take place after Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, and the section shown during the reveal was taken from the beginning of the game.

The Lost Legacy will be set in India, and as such, writer Josh Scherr said the studio took a "deep dive" into Hinduism and the mythology tied to the region when crafting the story. Game director Kurt Margenau also chimed in to note the setting shown in the reveal footage won't be the only locale Chloe will explore.

Escayg emphasized that The Lost Legacy is very much Chloe's story. While it will be tonally different from Drake's adventures, it will still fit within the context of the Uncharted universe, with Chloe on a quest for a piece of treasure called the Tusk of Ganesha.

As far as gameplay is concerned, Margenau said Chloe will have her "own fighting personality," and won't be as "brawly" as Nathan Drake. Margenau also discussed the game's length, saying it will be "longer than [The Last of Us] Left Behind but shorter than Uncharted 4."

Additionally, Margenau said fans can expect the same "wide-linear" level design seen in Uncharted 4. In fact, The Lost Legacy is "going even a little more wide," with Margenau suggesting there will be plenty of driving, thanks to Chloe's skills behind the wheel.

Sounds pretty goddamn awesome.

Parker

• Like 2