Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

*ignoring the smart-ass comment above*

2 hours ago, Mcbeanstr said:

@Crimson Idol you were totes right. I thought I could get that second episode done the same night but boy was I wrong. I did finish the first episode so contribution confirmed https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2348-broken-sword-5-the-serpents-curse-episode-1/Mcbeanstr

It's nice to hear that I was right. xD Maybe you already noticed but I added the game as soon as you said you popped it. 

2 hours ago, Polydeuces said:

I wasn't able to do it on time.

I already thought so but it's nice to have a confirmation. Maybe next time. ;)

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

I have about $27 in PSN money and was hoping to get some Vita downloads to kill time before March 1, so I was wondering if anyone wanted to give some recommendations for two or more cheap games that are fun to play. A couple of things, however:

• I have played Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and am considering it but am on the fence. Two of the trophies were really annoying.
  • My preferences are action-adventure games, platformers and RPGs. I do not like FPS, sports or fighting games.
  • I am not too fond of music games or horror games either.

14 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

I have about $27 in PSN money and was hoping to get some Vita downloads to kill time before March 1, so I was wondering if anyone wanted to give some recommendations for two or more cheap games that are fun to play. A couple of things, however:

• I have played Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and am considering it but am on the fence. Two of the trophies were really annoying.
  • My preferences are action-adventure games, platformers and RPGs. I do not like FPS, sports or fighting games.

I hear that Tales of Hearts R is great. I still have it sitting in my backlog waiting to be played.

7 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

I'd save it for march. the past few years march has a flash sale with a bunch of games at 0.99 up to 4.99. i remember last year i bought a bunch of games for fairly cheap.

that being said the game that are currently under $5 i can recommend are:

downwell-8bit platforer that i find very tough but fun- 4.99

adenturetime- like an old school snes zelda game- 0.99

severed- hard to describe adventure type game that makes good use of the touch screen- on sale 5.99, ps plus 4.49

dokuro- fun little puzzle game- 2.99

1 minute ago, Cisele80 said:

I'd save it for march. the past few years march has a flash sale with a bunch of games at 0.99 up to 4.99. i remember last year i bought a bunch of games for fairly cheap.

that being said the game that are currently under $5 i can recommend are:

downwell-8bit platforer that i find very tough but fun- 4.99

adenturetime- like an old school snes zelda game- 0.99

severed- hard to describe adventure type game that makes good use of the touch screen- on sale 5.99, ps plus 4.49

dokuro- fun little puzzle game- 2.99

Are you talking about Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom? That's also part of my Platinum Pyramid(couldn't find any other good rare game that I would have liked).

I will look at the flash sale when March rolls around, though. Thanks for the advice.

6 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Have you tried Rainbow Moon? It's a pretty good SRPG that gives you a lot of gameplay hours for a modest amount of cash. Also not sure if you are into monster hunting games, but God Eater Resurrection is really good (if you decide to pick that one up lmk. I will give you some links to make a really good character build) ;)

6 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

I've heard Shovel Knight is pretty good. Currently on sale now for $10.04 (PS4 version, cross-buy w/ PS3/Vita). I just bought it since the price is going to increase to $24.99 once the Switch launches.

1 hour ago, VforVendita said:

I've heard Shovel Knight is pretty good. Currently on sale now for $10.04 (PS4 version, cross-buy w/ PS3/Vita). I just bought it since the price is going to increase to $24.99 once the Switch launches.

I was sort of on the fence about that game, though after seeing it get a speed-run on recent GDQ charity marathons I heard it's a great game. Though if it's now on sale, I might look into it. The only trophies I might have trouble with are the runs requiring you to destroy all checkpoints and complete the game without using any relics.

1 hour ago, vanillamoose said:

Have you tried Rainbow Moon? It's a pretty good SRPG that gives you a lot of gameplay hours for a modest amount of cash. Also not sure if you are into monster hunting games, but God Eater Resurrection is really good (if you decide to pick that one up lmk. I will give you some links to make a really good character build) ;)

Yeah, I've heard about that. Still haven't seen any game footage to sway me, but may need to change that. ;)

Edited by NebbyLunala
  • Like 1

Wow, I didn't expect to win! I guess karma wanted to re-compensate me for giving me a horrible headcold by giving me more game money to play around with so I had more options in the Spring. ^_^

Thanks for everything, Crimson, and despite the fact that I might have a Nintendo Switch and all the cool Nintendo games by December, I'll definitely keep my Vita for next year, if you decide to repeat this. Vita-tan for life! :D

Edited by NebbyLunala

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

FUUUU Traitor has won :awesome: 

Hell no, I'm no traitor. I enjoy PSN games more than anything else, Nintendo doesn't have a trophy system. Besides, the only Nintendo games I actually give a shit for are Pokemon games. :P

Anyways, thinking about using the money I had already + what I got from the prize to download one of the Atelier series. Will be heading over to that PP to see what the people there suggest I start with.

Edited by NebbyLunala

Wow, that's awesome news to wake up to! I'd like to thank @Crimson Idol for hosting this event, the good folks at Random.org and Sony for making the Vita, even if they already forgot that was a thing that they ever did. Happy birthday little blue buddy! Thanks Dokuro for being on sale, Minecraft for continuing to release free DLC years after anyone cared and Y's for being a really fun game! Picked up La Mulana for Vita when it was on sale, maybe that'll be ready to pop next year around this time :lol:.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Oh well, seems like we missed the opportunity to do an event for this year's anniversary. You know what? Instead we will celebrate Vita's anniversary on the next occassion, February 22nd 2019. What do you think? Anyone in? :dance: 

I will do some slight adjustments to the rules before I will post the new thread. Main change will be an increased timeframe which should make it a bit easier for most of you (except me of course :P ). If anyone has a suggestion, feel free to post it here or hit me up via a private message.

The new thread should be up by...

Spoiler

VPffJLd.gif

No, honestly

Spoiler

just wait and you will see. Shouldn't be too far away.

In the meantime, get your Vita's charged and think about the games you would like to finish/play.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 3