Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

16 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Everyone updated up till now. :)

Later this day I will do a short check of who's missing and do a short (pre) summing up.

I'm one of the few people missing. I've got the platinum trophy for 2 of my 5 games so far (Demetrios and Sly Cooper). Forgot I deleted God Eater Resurrection, so I'm in the process of downloading that now. Still have to do Atelier Meruru Plus, and I have 4 chapters to do for Hitman GO. I have 5 and a half hours to go though (since it was released on the 23rd in Australia), so should have just enough time to get the last of my platinum trophies.

53 minutes ago, dmsleight said:

As an update, Let's Fish was captured, but Axiom Verge is incomplete.  Thanks for the event!!

Good to know that you were able to earn at least one plat.

47 minutes ago, VforVendita said:

I'm one of the few people missing. I've got the platinum trophy for 2 of my 5 games so far (Demetrios and Sly Cooper). Forgot I deleted God Eater Resurrection, so I'm in the process of downloading that now. Still have to do Atelier Meruru Plus, and I have 4 chapters to do for Hitman GO. I have 5 and a half hours to go though (since it was released on the 23rd in Australia), so should have just enough time to get the last of my platinum trophies.

I'm aware of the fact that the Vita was released on the 23rd in Australia but the event day was the 22nd:

On 4.12.2016 at 6:06 PM, Crimson Idol said:

The event day is February 22nd 2017 in your local timezone.

If I would reflect the local release dates for all regions I wouldn't even be able to know when people like kkchan0323 or blxckenigma would have been been allowed to pop their games as there were quite a few different release dates for the Vita:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Vita#cite_note-Launch_date_list-6

E.g. JoaoQuique should have waited for March 2nd then.

I'm sorry to say that but the games won't be eligible then. 

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I'm aware of the fact that the Vita was released on the 23rd in Australia but the event day was the 22nd:

If I would reflect the local release dates for all regions I wouldn't even be able to know when people like kkchan0323 or blxckenigma would have been been allowed to pop their games as there were quite a few different release dates for the Vita:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Vita#cite_note-Launch_date_list-6

E.g. JoaoQuique should have waited for March 2nd then.

I'm sorry to say that but the games won't be eligible then. 

Oh well, I guess I should've read more carefully. I should have 2 games done, going by US Pacific Time. Still a fun event even if my games end up not counting. 

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

GLORIOUS! :awesome: 

You are supposed to buy TokiTowa for HanaKana cute girls :awesome: 

That girl is everywhere, isn't she? :P

I'm usually very good at recognizing male seiyuu but I'm mostly ignorant of their female collegues :)

I forgot to mention that this trophy event was the first one I have participated in. The requirements weren't overwhelming like in most events I've seen on these forums so it was easy for me to take part. I think it was fun and interesting to see how many different games people completed and how people reported about their progress. Thanks for organizing this event! :)

• Like 2

All right. I want to post my thoughts on the games, in the order that I got the plats.

Plat #207:

1L03861e.png

Persona 4: Golden.

What can I say? AWESOME!!! Anything that makes the best even better is good by me. And even if there were some changes I didn't like, ATLUS still took some chances, and I'll never bash a company for that (particularly a Japanese company).

Plat #208:

1L6c6ade.png

Megatagmension: Blanc+Neptune <snore>

I can't even get through the title. Megatag was a lazy game. Even as a lifelong fan of musou-style games, this one really grated on me. Mostly, there was no movement. Oh, and Rom was overpowered, thanks to her musou attack which just pummeled enemies.

Plat #209:

1Lcd4e46.png

Adventures of Mana

I'm not going to say that Square knocked this out of the park or anything, but Adventures of Mana really let me relax on a great wave of nostalgia. I particularly liked the fact that I could select the original Game Boy music (I wish I could have unlocked the original GB game itself). This version felt much easier than the older one, but it was still fun.

Plat #210:

1L3dde90.png

Code Realize: Guardian of Rebirth

What is it with Japan and awful names? But anyway, Code Realize was a serviceable VN with a cool concept, but remarkably clunky writing. I think I could have skipped two thirds of the pages, and still fully understood what was happening.

Plat #211: 

1L6429b9.png

Amnesia: Memories

The opposite of Code Realize. Amnesia should be a dog, but it kept me interested (well, at least until the denouement). It reminded me a lot of Hatoful Boyfriend, only without birds. If it had birds, it would have been awesome. As is, it's also serviceable.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I forgot to mention that this trophy event was the first one I have participated in. The requirements weren't overwhelming like in most events I've seen on these forums so it was easy for me to take part. I think it was fun and interesting to see how many different games people completed and how people reported about their progress. Thanks for organizing this event! :)

I couldn't have said it better myself. I had a great experience with this event and it inspired me to join a backlog event (I may even join more than one in the near future). When I joined this event, I was only actively working on Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard Girls (Platinum #100 by the way), and I knew I would eventually played Severed, but I hadn't started it yet. The other 3 games were ones that I started and abandoned, or in the case of Mutant Blobs Attack, finished the story and didn't continue on with the rest of the trophies until this event. So this event helped me clear 4 games off my backlog, which is a good accomplishment for someone with a backlog in the triple digits like me! 

Here's a short summary of each game. 

Mutant Blobs Attack - Guacamelee is my favorite game from Drinkbox Studios, but this is a close second. The gameplay is a blast and the trophies aren't that difficult. I do remember I had to replay a couple of levels multiple times to get a high enough score for the gold medal (even with both blob friends). Most of the levels were fairly straightforward though. The tilt-a-blob levels were a pain, but they were a distant memory as I got all but one of them with gold medals and blob friends on my first play-through of the game. 

Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard Girls - This is easily my favorite HDN spin-off game. I'm one of those that prefers the English dub as long as it's decent (I know, the more "vocal" weebs would say none of them are :) ), and unfortunately this game seemed to have a decent amount of dialog un-voiced in English. Also, Neptune's voice seemed a bit different than usual. Anyway, to me that's the only real downside. The gameplay is the best of the spin-offs IMO, and I liked the time-loop gameplay mechanic. The game didn't do a lot of hand-holding, and some of the boss fights are really ramped up in difficulty without warning. So there is some trial-and-error involved, and of course grinding pays off in the end. The Lily Ranks weren't too hard this time, thanks to being able to combine multiple pairings. Being required to have one of the two main characters in the party at all times made it artificially longer though. I enjoyed the story and I'd probably play this again if it got an upgraded PS4 port (it's probably more likely to come to PC, but I haven't played on PC at all recently so I'd sooner go for PS4). 

Severed - A great, creative game with wonderful art and addictive gameplay. So many times I told myself "just one more area" to end up playing for at least 30 more minutes. It was a little too heavy on the touch input; I would have preferred that it also supported more use of physical controls on the Vita (such as using the right stick for slashes). Another quality title from Drinkbox. I am looking forward to their next game, which will hopefully again be on Vita (I wouldn't mind a PS4/Vita title next time). 

Kung Fu Rabbit - This was a charming platformer that I'm glad I played. I think I got it for around $2. It's not as polished as a Mario or Rayman (I've only played the last 2) game, and I've played better indie platformers too. But anyway, the game was fun and it controlled well. I enjoyed the difficulty level, because it stayed reasonable for most of the game. It wasn't until the 3rd world that things really got tricky. I doubt I'll play it again on PS3 (which I have free through cross-buy) only because I have so many backlog games. I like it enough to play it again but I think I'll focus my attention on other games. 

MouseCraft - I got almost halfway through the levels when I first played it, but I abandoned it for other games I think. This is a fun game, and I always felt a good sense of reward when completing a level. Fortunately I only had to use video walkthroughs for a handful of levels, I think around 5 or 6. I like puzzle-light games sometimes, and I would enjoy a sequel. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

*snip*

Nah, I unfortunately wasn't able to get a platinum trophy yesterday. Some important stuff got in the way yesterday and today so I didn't have much time to play. I'm sorry Vita-tan, I still like you :ninja:.

28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Nah, I unfortunately wasn't able to get a platinum trophy yesterday. Some important stuff got in the way yesterday and today so I didn't have much time to play. I'm sorry Vita-tan, I still like you :ninja:.

1 minute ago, Alternatewarning said:

Sadly, try as I might I did not finish P4G.  I'm SO CLOSE but it took me way too long to get the dumb fish

Thank you both for the feedback. And Vita-tan will forgive you. :P

1 hour ago, kusuriuriPT said:

what are your plans for the topic? Will you close it? This is actually a good thread..that we could posr only ps vita plats..game discussions etc almost like and unofficial off topic ps vita hang out

I don't know honestly. A general Vita-discussions thread would be a nice idea but I guess it better fits in the Vita-subforum then. 

50 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Giveaway

I will pick five random people who successfully finished a game on February 22nd and give them as a small admission of 20 USD (or equivalent*), either as a PSN-voucher or PayPal-fund. The five chosen ones can freely choose their prefered reward (PSN or PayPal) and region/currency. If you choose PSN-vouchers, keep in mind that those should be somehow obtainable via any common online-store, though. ;)

*equivalent = 20 USD or any other value that would match 20 USD with the current exchange rates.

The five people will be chosen some time after Saturday 25th, 8pm GMT. 

Wow, 100 bucks is quite a bit of money to give away to strangers. Anyways, thanks for that giveaway and creating this event in general.

If it weren't for this event, I'd probably never have finished both Ratchet and Clank 2 and PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, and wouldn't have played Code: Realize at all. That alone has been reason enough for me to be thankful for this event. R&C 2 is a game I was always sad about being unable to plat and now I'll probably complete the first game in the trilogy as well so I can have the full set. PixelJunk would likely have been ignored because of the MP trophies that you helped me out with. And that would have been a shame because it really is a nice title.

I'd probably be interested in a 6th anniversary event, but I probably wouldn't end up going all out again and aiming for 1-6 games max.

11 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Wow, 100 bucks is quite a bit of money to give away to strangers. Anyways, thanks for that giveaway and creating this event in general.

If it weren't for this event, I'd probably never have finished both Ratchet and Clank 2 and PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, and wouldn't have played Code: Realize at all. That alone has been reason enough for me to be thankful for this event. R&C 2 is a game I was always sad about being unable to plat and now I'll probably complete the first game in the trilogy as well so I can have the full set. PixelJunk would likely have been ignored because of the MP trophies that you helped me out with. And that would have been a shame because it really is a nice title.

I'd probably be interested in a 6th anniversary event, but I probably wouldn't end up going all out again and aiming for 1-6 games max.

Agreed about the prize, that's impressive! 

I Platinumed R&C 1-3 on PS3 and I've always thought I'll eventually get them on Vita. I love those games, but I don't relish the thought of attempting some of those trophies on the Vita. 

I started playing PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate after this event as my current Vita game, and I wish I had started it in time for this. I love how a lot of the trophy titles are movie/TV quotes. :)

A 6th anniversary event would be fun... I hope I still have a small amount of time for gaming by then since I'll have a second kid in a couple of months. :unsure:

22 minutes ago, DJROE95 said:

I didn't get chance to pop a platinum, time escaped me and uni got really really really... really busy! Sorry about that, I actually spent all of yesterday reading a 98 page brexit judgment (as fun as it sounds)! 

Ouch, that doesn't sound interesting at all tbh. xD

23 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

It's nice to hear that the event made you to choose some games you most likely never would have touched or finished. And going all out a second time would be quite challenging. And keeping the nerves to not pop a plat earlier isn't fun sometimes. xD

10 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I started playing PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate after this event as my current Vita game, and I wish I had started it in time for this. I love how a lot of the trophy titles are movie/TV quotes. :)

A 6th anniversary event would be fun... I hope I still have a small amount of time for gaming by then since I'll have a second kid in a couple of months. :unsure:

If you want someone for the multiplayer-trophies in Pixeljunk, just ask me. I'm sure we will find a time to work that out.

And don't use that smiley when talking about a second kid. It's something cheerful, at least I think so. :D (child-free household here xD ).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I Platinumed R&C 1-3 on PS3 and I've always thought I'll eventually get them on Vita. I love those games, but I don't relish the thought of attempting some of those trophies on the Vita. 

Honestly, the only difficult things should be the 3 races which I managed to beat within an hour for some reason, after trying for like 3 hours and not beating a single one 2 years ago, and the hoverboard skill points in the first game. Everything else is fairly easy and the L2/R2 buttons work fairly well, even though they are just mapped to the back touchscreen. But yeah, I love the series ever since I first got the games as a kid. I have had a save of the first game that was in NG+ 52, and I've managed to play the third game so many times that I got stuck at one point because the enemies were just too hard to beat for me at like NG+ 60 or something rediculous like that. That's how much I loved these games.

I think the only game to come close to that is the first Jak and Daxter game.

I guess I didn't watch enough TV to recognize that immediately. :P I did recall feeling familiar with some of the names though.

Also, @Crimson Idol, I think you messed up when renaming the thread, right now it's ita's 5th anniversary, instead of Vita's 5th anniversary.

Edit:

5 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

And don't use that smiley when talking about a second kid. It's something cheerful, at least I think so. :D (child-free household here xD ).

I have two brothers (twins), a little more than ten years younger than me (it's basically like having children at this point because my parents leave all the work in that regard to me), and they make my life hell. Half of the work that I have to do is caused by them and could easily avoided if they were able to listen to reason and perform simple tasks, but even then they still cause nothing but trouble.

They are also the reason why plan to never have children. I've had enough children for 2 lifetimes already.

Edited by xFalionx

6 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Also, @Crimson Idol, I think you messed up when renaming the thread, right now it's ita's 5th anniversary, instead of Vita's 5th anniversary.

The editor is screwing me right now. It also won't allow me to update the participants. xD Fixed the typo in the title, though.

7 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I have two brothers (twins), a little more than ten years younger than me (it's basically like having children at this point because my parents leave all the work in that regard to me), and they make my life hell. Half of the work that I have to do is caused by them and could easily avoided if they were able to listen to reason and perform simple tasks, but even then they still cause nothing but trouble.

They are also the reason why plan to never have children. I've had enough children for 2 lifetimes already.

I can understand your frustration but I'm not in a position to agree to this as I for myself am the younger one and my older brother was also swearing a lot. But I guess you will change your opinion sometime.

32 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I agree. what a generous gift and great event. It definitely motivated me to revisit R&C and SAO to finish off those plats. and im currently about 75% through another run  for the glitched Munch trophy, so if I get that the event is responsible even  if It didn't pop on the event date like it should have. And the ease that @xFalionx beat those ace races may even  get me to revisit that game for the last plat in the trilogy. It was m  first ever even t too, so thanks @Crimson Idol for the great idea

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Giveaway

I will pick five random people who successfully finished a game on February 22nd and give them as a small admission of 20 USD (or equivalent*), either as a PSN-voucher or PayPal-fund. The five chosen ones can freely choose their prefered reward (PSN or PayPal) and region/currency. If you choose PSN-vouchers, keep in mind that those should be somehow obtainable via any common online-store, though. ;)

*equivalent = 20 USD or any other value that would match 20 USD with the current exchange rates.

Woooo! Much generous! Very pleasant!