Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

34 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

If you want someone for the multiplayer-trophies in Pixeljunk, just ask me. I'm sure we will find a time to work that out.

And don't use that smiley when talking about a second kid. It's something cheerful, at least I think so. :D (child-free household here xD ).

Thanks, but I already popped all the MP trophies by using the PS4/Vita "play against yourself" trick. It worked like a charm, maybe because there are no longer enough people playing MP to accidentally get joined to one of them instead. :) Now if you can help me clear those damn final Avalon Pacts in Soul Sacrifice (the first one, not Delta), I'd be all for that! 

And I always post comments about real life interfering with gaming, as humor. I love my daughter and I am looking forward to her new little brother. But there's no question that it means reduced gaming time. 

46 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Honestly, the only difficult things should be the 3 races which I managed to beat within an hour for some reason, after trying for like 3 hours and not beating a single one 2 years ago, and the hoverboard skill points in the first game. Everything else is fairly easy and the L2/R2 buttons work fairly well, even though they are just mapped to the back touchscreen. But yeah, I love the series ever since I first got the games as a kid. I have had a save of the first game that was in NG+ 52, and I've managed to play the third game so many times that I got stuck at one point because the enemies were just too hard to beat for me at like NG+ 60 or something rediculous like that. That's how much I loved these games.

I think the only game to come close to that is the first Jak and Daxter game.

I guess I didn't watch enough TV to recognize that immediately. :P I did recall feeling familiar with some of the names though.

Wow, that's truly an impressive R&C fan. I only got into it with the PS3 but I have loved every minute of each game. 

I need to make a post with all the references in those Shooter Ultimate trophy names, they are pretty impressive. I'm sure I'll have to look up a few of them myself! 

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Giveaway

I will pick five random people who successfully finished a game on February 22nd and give them as a small admission of 20 USD (or equivalent*), either as a PSN-voucher or PayPal-fund. The five chosen ones can freely choose their prefered reward (PSN or PayPal) and region/currency. If you choose PSN-vouchers, keep in mind that those should be somehow obtainable via any common online-store, though. ;)

Very generous of you. I'd definitely be up for doing it again next year. I'd plan it better and pick some harder games next time. 

@Crimson Idol

I unfortunately didn't find the time to do this one. I popped my Nep Vs. SHG plat well before the date because I forgot about this and I've been so focused on finishing off Cyber Dimension Neptune to make sure no one could steal my #1 spot on the Neptunia PP that I didn't have the time to go through Hakuoki, which is on my card, since that would take a good 4-6 hours from where I am right now.

I did not finish any :(. Dug into Bridge Constructor..thinking it was 3-4 hour platinum but found out it was more like 11-12 hours. In a last ditch attempt...went to Psychopass Skip text...as I inched to 11pm EST....figured I can't make it :)

I had ample time....a bit annoyed with myself. Should have kept GE Res platinum till the 22nd....instead of popping it a week earlier.

3 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

@Crimson Idol

I unfortunately didn't find the time to do this one. I popped my Nep Vs. SHG plat well before the date because I forgot about this and I've been so focused on finishing off Cyber Dimension Neptune to make sure no one could steal my #1 spot on the Neptunia PP that I didn't have the time to go through Hakuoki, which is on my card, since that would take a good 4-6 hours from where I am right now.

1 hour ago, Kishnabe said:

I did not finish any :(. Dug into Bridge Constructor..thinking it was 3-4 hour platinum but found out it was more like 11-12 hours. In a last ditch attempt...went to Psychopass Skip text...as I inched to 11pm EST....figured I can't make it :)

I had ample time....a bit annoyed with myself. Should have kept GE Res platinum till the 22nd....instead of popping it a week earlier.

Don't beat yourself, you guys. There's always next year or the Spring Backlog challenge. I had similar problems - I had to change my game because the game I had registered before(Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves) was hard to complete. If I had stuck with it, I could have platinumed the game on the end date - I just popped the Sly 3 platinum a few minutes ago due to being sick and frustrated.

11 hours ago, CaptainMonkster said:

Yeah unfortunately I didn't plat persona 4 golden but I did manage to get hardcore risette fan!

I never played Persona 4 Golden (and I have no intention to do so :ninja: ) but I heard that this a quite difficult and grindy trophy. And congrats for finishing the Dante's Inferno DLC recently (after all the server-problems). 

5 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

@Crimson Idol

4 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

No problem you two. Seeing all the resonance so far it's likely that there's enough interest in doing the event next year, too. So you have a second chance to participate.

Edited by Crimson Idol

Sorry, didn't get around to actually doing anything at all, forgot to send list in, then popped two of them (Lara Croft GO and Day of the Tentacle) ahead of time and haven't even touched the other three : Legends of War, Wolf among us and Walking Dead S2.

Congrats to all that actually gave the Vita the recognition it deserves. :)

Agree with what everyone else is saying: very fun event, extremely generous reward (especially when no-one knew before hand so it's completely optional extra on your part and not used as motivation to get people involved) Definitely interested in a repeat next year, although next time I'll actually try and pay attention to the date so I don't get to the week before and go 'Wait! It's February already? How? I'm sure it was only New Years last week!"

• Like 3

Looking forward to join the 6th anniversary :D (If my vita still alive of course)

And thanks for the event, now I have completed vita neptunia trilogy - I didn't really intended to play rebirth2 before (That's why I skipped to rebirth3 years ago)

Also, seeing several participants played Severed, I just started the game today and looking good so far.

4 hours ago, Dr_WPJTPCSPCDM said:

Agree with what everyone else is saying: very fun event, extremely generous reward (especially when no-one knew before hand so it's completely optional extra on your part and not used as motivation to get people involved) Definitely interested in a repeat next year, although next time I'll actually try and pay attention to the date so I don't get to the week before and go 'Wait! It's February already? How? I'm sure it was only New Years last week!"

Yeah, I know the feeling! You can really lose track of time and feel like you wasted your time. xD

And yet the last days of February are moving SOOOOOOO SLOOOOOWLY. I'd like it to be March 1 so I can start working on the games I put in the Platinum Pyramid and Spring Backlog event. -_- It doesn't help that I am recovering from a head cold and lost two nights of sleep due to coughing and choking on my own sinus drainage. (Sorry if I was gross there, but having sinus problems is never pretty. :( )

Edited by NebbyLunala
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

Sorry, didn't get around to actually doing anything at all, forgot to send list in, then popped two of them (Lara Croft GO and Day of the Tentacle) ahead of time and haven't even touched the other three : Legends of War, Wolf among us and Walking Dead S2.

Congrats to all that actually gave the Vita the recognition it deserves. :)

2 hours ago, Leo Leopold Leon III said:

I'll have ot say I finished Spy Chameleon on the anniversary of the Japanese release I think and Dokuro kinda pissed me off so I didn't manage to finish it on time...but atleast I passed all of my exams xD

Thanks for the info, nonetheless.

6 hours ago, Dr_WPJTPCSPCDM said:

Definitely interested in a repeat next year, although next time I'll actually try and pay attention to the date so I don't get to the week before and go 'Wait! It's February already? How? I'm sure it was only New Years last week!"

I guess this is a typical feeling that occurs once you get older. I'm also quite surprised about the fact how fast the time passes by and sometimes I even have to ask myself how old I am. xD 

5 hours ago, tsuki_-no-_usagi said:

Ultimate gamer? Surely I never claimed myself as such. xD

What Satoshi said. Using Chiaki as your avatar, trophy card, and profile banner surely says something different. Although I see you haven't played DR2 yet. I guess it's time to change that. :P

1 hour ago, Mcbeanstr said:

@Crimson Idol you were totes right. I thought I could get that second episode done the same night but boy was I wrong. I did finish the first episode so contribution confirmed https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2348-broken-sword-5-the-serpents-curse-episode-1/Mcbeanstr

Hey, that technically counts =D It's a Vita game and you finished it on Vita-tan's birthday!

• Like 1