Now and Then: 2017 Gaming Goals

GoldenShaka

On 12/12/2016 at 11:25 PM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

I'll keep it simple and take small steps. 

First off, buy a PS4 in January.

Increase number of platinums to 20 (currently 8).

Increase number of 100% games to 20 (currently 7).

Average completion over 75% (currently 70.02%).

Number of unearned trophies kept under 300 (currently 287).

Back for another update. 

Went a bit mental with platinums in July and I'm up to 19. I'm planning on making No Man's Sky my 20th, don't know when I'll get round to playing it since the end of the year looks busy for me but I should fit it in soon, maybe over the next month or two. 

Fallout 4 should be my 20th 100% game and should be done within a few weeks. 

Completion is up almost 10% to 79.01%. 

And my number of unearned trophies is somehow exactly the same at 287 with 263 being the lowest I can possibly get. If I can 100% Fallout 4 I'm pretty much guaranteed to finish the year under 300. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/31/2016 at 11:38 PM, DrEvilGuapo said:

2017 will mark my second year of trophy hunting.  My goals are as follows:

* Earn 25 additional platinum trophies (achieved 41 in 2016). 

* Earn at least one ultra rare platinum (achieved two in 2016). 

* Increase PSN level from 19 to 25 (increased from 8 to 19 in 2016). 

* Break into the top 10,000 on the US leaderboard (ended 2016 at 25,967). 

* Net decrease for game backlog. 

✅ Earned 76 platinum trophies (exceeding 2017 goal of 25 and 2016 actuals of 41).

✅ Earned 4 ultra rare platinum trophies (exceeding 2017 goal of 1 and 2016 actuals of 2).

✅ Increased PSN level to 31 from 19 (exceeding 2017 goal of 25 and besting 2016 increase of +11).

✅ Ranked 3,414 on the US leaderboard (exceeding 2017 goal of <10,000; 2016 ranking was 25,967).

❌Started 104 new games and completed 100 games for a +4 backlog increase.

Edited by DrEvilGuapo
  • Like 4

On 12/12/2016 at 8:41 AM, Edunstar84 said:

I only managed to reach 1 of my goals this year: platting Persona 4 Golden. I say it was the only one worth it among the other resolutions I made. With that said, I'll try to limit my goals to 4.

• Plat 15 PS3 games - getting a PS4 next year, and it would be great if I could complete more PS3 games
  • Plat Final Fantasy XIII - plan on buying FF15, so it would be nice to get this off my profile. Would love to include the other 2, but trying to limit my goals this year
  •  100 % Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - the first game I played on the PS3. Would be nice to complete it 
  • 25 plats - Platted 21 games in 2016, and it would be awesome to beat my score

EDIT: If hell were to freeze over:

• 100th plat

Wow! That would be so awesome! Maybe I should add that to my "If hell were to freeze goals".

I only managed to complete my FF13 goal, nothing else. I just needed a handful of PS3 games to complete my plat 15 PS3 goals. I also needed several plats for my overall plat goal. On the bright side, I bought a PS4 Pro and got to experience Final Fantasy Type 0, Unravel, and Life is Strange. Great games if you ask me.

My new goal is to plat half of my PS3 backlog. Not sure if I'll be able to do it, but I'll be workin on it. I've been thinking about doing a 1:2:1 ratio. PS Vita: PS3: PS4. We'll see how it goals.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2016 at 0:45 PM, J2V89 said:

Goals for 2017:

• 25-50 platinums
  • Continue to get more of my PS3 games with online trophies done
  • Reach 10,000 trophies 

I managed to achieve 50 plats. PS3 games with online trophies I didn't do so much on. Came close to achiving the last goal but I'm still happy with my progress. 

• Like 2

On 14/08/2017 at 6:01 PM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

I'll keep it simple and take small steps. 

First off, buy a PS4 in January.

Increase number of platinums to 20 (currently 8).

Increase number of 100% games to 20 (currently 7).

Average completion over 75% (currently 70.02%).

Number of unearned trophies kept under 300 (currently 287).

Ended up waiting until April for my PS4 because I knew I'd get one on sale somewhere for Easter, but we got there. 

Ending the year on 22 platinums and 22 100% games. 

Average completion is currently 79.48%

And since I started Assassin's Creed Origins today my unearned trophies is 316, so that's fucked unless I earn 16 on New Years Eve, which I won't because I'll probably be drunk. 

Overall a decent year. Probably could've platinumed more games if I didn't spend almost 5 months on Fallout, I wasted a lot of time settlement building...then tearing down each settlement to pour hours into building two giant super settlements at Sanctuary and Red Rocket for no real reason. And then there were the side quests...I get distracted way too easily. I'll try and ramp it up in 2018 in terms of platinums, I just need to avoid open world games with a lot of content...such as the game I'm currently playing that's going to see me into the new year :lol: 

• Like 3

On 12/11/2016 at 7:09 PM, GoldenShaka said:

Hello fellow gamers. 

• Get Platinum Tier in the PP Prince of Persia
  • Get Silver Tier in the PP Tales of
  • Reach Trophy Level 27
  • Get at least one platinum per month
  • Achieve 100% in at least 10 non-platinum games.
  • Keep my completion percentage above 60% (finish uncompleted games - main goal)

Ok guys/gals, share yours and for the most Get fun gaming :wave:

The "Now and then" part of the title was meant to keep track of our goals.

Oh well, I could only accomplished some goals:

Platinum tier in the Pop franchise.

I bought Tales of Berseria a few days ago but failed to get silver rank on PP.

I reached level 26.

I got 12 platinums but weren't one per month.

My completion is still above 60%.

But the one I failed miserably was the No less than 10 100%.

Oh well, Happy new year to all of you.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2016 at 1:31 AM, itachi-destroyer said:

My goals for 2017 :

- 100% each Final Fantasy games before the end of 2017 (But not games with region trophy lists though, I don't want to do the same game multiple times)

- 100% Ninja Gaiden 3 (This is going to be really hard since no one is playing the game and I need a partner) and if I can 100% the game then I want to 100% NG Sigma 2 and NG Sigma +

- 100% each game that I have already Platined but don't have 100% completion because of the DLC.

- Trying to do all these things while playing the games that will release throughout the year

I don't know if I'll be able to do all these things though since some goals are really time consuming AND really hard on top of that :unsure:

Well it seems like I wasn't able to achieve my FF and Ninja Gaiden goals :( I'm still happy with the fact that I was able to do some of my goals while playing all the games I was interested in in 2017.

Hopefully I'll be able to accomplish all of my goals in 2018 :D 

• Like 1

My objective for 2018 is pretty modest: play more games than the ones I played this year - four.

(Yeah, having a full-time job and playing huge JRPGs will do that to you. I only got two platinums this year!)

(Mostly due to the fact that the huge JRPGs were both on the 3DS)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

My objective for 2018 is pretty modest: play more games than the ones I played this year - four.

(Yeah, having a full-time job and playing huge JRPGs will do that to you. I only got two platinums this year!)

(Mostly due to the fact that the huge JRPGs were both on the 3DS)

The length is the main reason why I check an RPG a lot before to decide to buy it, they have great stories, content, etc but considering the backlog and the minimum free time it's not fair for the rest of my unplayed games lol.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2017 at 0:53 PM, SpellbladeKnight said:

Only a third of the year left, but here are my goals for the remainder:

-Achieve Level 15

-Achieve a completion rate of 70%

-Achieve a trophy grade of 'C' or higher for all my games this year and going forward

-Achieve a minimum of 20% completion for all my games this year and going forward

Review:

-Reach Level 15?

Yep, goal achieved

-Reach completion rate of 70%?

Yep, completion rate now at 82%

-Minimum completion of 20% for all my individual game?

Yep, that goal was reached

-Get all my games to C-Rank or higher?

Um, almost. All my games met this goal with the exception of Hyper Dimension Neptunia Re;birth 1, whose save file was stuck on my computer and I had trouble accessing it.

So, barring the Neptunia thing I actually achieved all the milestones I initially set up. What I 'wasn't' expecting was that I'd get my Trophy Rarity below 40%(now at 39 point something). In all, it was a great trophy hunting year for me. I hope this new year will be just as good or better.

Also, congrats to everyone who reached their 2017 goals.

• Like 1

going to start a new one... getting #300th platinum by the end of next year (i could probably pull it off)

90% completion percentage was a lifetime goal.

and the plus, i have plenty of plat games to work with.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

On 18/01/2017 at 0:01 PM, DarkSoleride said:

Aim to get at least to my 65th plat or better

completion rate above 50% 

Only start a new game if i know i can plat it with the one currently playing for a plat.

try and get my backlog down to 15 games (currently at 23 down from 28 as of January 18th 2017)

So this was achieved in 2017! 

I managed to reach 77 Platinum trophies in 2017! up 40 Plats! 

Completion rate ended with above 55% in 2017 so 5% increase above goal!

Only managed to not plat 9 of the games i started (eh not too bad out of what i played lol) 

Backlog is down to 15 

so 3 out of 4 ain't bad xD 

• Like 1