Why???

BIOHAZARD-R-US

8 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Did anyone ask for this game? Does anyone play this game enough to want to purchase it, for VR nonetheless? Yeah I can se how it'd make a good VR game, but really? And for $14.99??? Come on, seriously, how many people are actually gonna buy this?

Come on, the game is not that bad! But I totally get your point, mate. The game is quite simple in it's mechanics (because it's a game designed primarily for smartphones in mind) with not a lot of depth/story to it and, despite having a VR version for this game seems very fitting, it doesn't justify the $15 price tag, at least for me. Perhaps at $7, maybe $10, they can make themselves a sale, but not for $15. Then again, I still don't have a PSVR Kit (and I don't plan to have one anytime soon - too little space in home), so I won't have to worry about this games for the time being :)

• Like 2

Where's Javier when you need him? People are complaining about a jacked up price for an old game available elsewhere for a more reasonable lump of booty and he's not here to complain about them complaining about it!

Nah, but that's a bit much. If they did it for 5 it would be one of the first things I'd buy with PS VR, mostly for the price, sure, but it would be fun. 10, that's already too much but whatever, but they're god damned dreaming if they think they deserve a penny more for an updated freebie phone game that's over five god damned years old.

Also, we were at an arcade the other week (remember those?) and there was a giant touch screen Fruit Ninja arcado and the missus had a bawl on it, I can only imagine a VR version would be even better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Where's Javier when you need him? People are complaining about a jacked up price for an old game available elsewhere for a more reasonable lump of booty and he's not here to complain about them complaining about it!

He has left the forums I'm afraid. :| You can see why on his About Me profile

17 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

But that's Finozzi though not Javier :huh: Unless they left for the same reason?

OT $14 is always gonna be too much for a mobile game. A lot of people will probable buy this though..... And then get bored of it 10 minutes later :P

1 hour ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

But that's Finozzi though not Javier :huh: Unless they left for the same reason?

OT $14 is always gonna be too much for a mobile game. A lot of people will probable buy this though..... And then get bored of it 10 minutes later :P

Well it's not my place to say but the reason is quite obvious. :| I'm not sure if it's against the forum rules so won't say. 

14 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Did anyone ask for this game? Does anyone play this game enough to want to purchase it, for VR nonetheless? Yeah I can se how it'd make a good VR game, but really? And for $14.99??? Come on, seriously, how many people are actually gonna buy this?

They want to make money and not enjoy the players...................

• Like 1

It's almost Christmas. If you check out those latest trophy lists and Steam's "What's New" section, you'll see a lot of VR games. Developers know some people will be getting a VR set for Christmas and will want games to play, so they release shovelware and charge what people will believe to be a decent price. Little Johnny isn't going to care that Fruit Ninja VR is $15, he's going to want to try out his PSVR with all the VR games he can find.

This is going to be Catlateral Damage in VR all over again ............

Anywho, I'm probably going to pick this game up eventually. I don't mind fruit ninja. I used to play it a lot on my phone when it first came out, played it on my vita. Now I can cut fruit in Virtual Reality, wooooooo.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dell9300 said:

Oh no! I quite liked him, I was just having a friendly jab, I had no idea he was gone. 

Also, holy shit, had no idea that him and Finozzi were one and the same, I liked 2 different people when I could have saved time and liked only one?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Oh no! I quite liked him, I was just having a friendly jab, I had no idea he was gone. 

Also, holy shit, had no idea that him and Finozzi were one and the same, I liked 2 different people when I could have saved time and liked only one?

Smells and Finozzi indeed shared a mindset about everything. When one account misunderstood something that was said and took offense, they both came out in full attack mode. It was quite juvenile. Not sad they/it participates less as if you didn't agree with anything they said, you were apparently xenophobic. Really made conversations ground to a halt.

Back to the topic, Fruit Ninja is exactly the type of VR game people have been asking for. Immediate understanding to learn how to play, improvement can come gradually or immediately depending on the player, hits all the aspects of VR that people expect from it. Did they ask for a $15.00 price tag? No. But then again, this is exactly the type of game that's going to do well because of it's appeal to the entire gaming public, regardless of age or skill level. It's the type of game to load up to let 5 year olds and grandparents both play without having to explain anything.

On top of that, as mentioned above, Fruit Ninja has name recognition already. Plenty of people downloaded it on their smartphones when it first released on iOS and Android. It was released on Kinect, which is kind a precursor to VR, so getting it full VR was probably a minimal investment from the developer. They probably don't need to sell very many copies to break even or turn a profit.

The real trick to understanding things like this is to lower your expectations. Like, a lot. Once you think they're low enough, lower them a bit more and then you'll only be slightly annoyed because people will still fail to meet them, but you'll be ready for it.

• Like 1