Unfair Final Boss

Precise--Rhythm

Grinding is what I do... I don't see this being a problem for me. Hell, I'm in stage 8 of Disgaea 1 (Afternoon of Darkness) and I've already maxed out 8 Imperial Seals that will be completely useless in about two stages when I do the same thing with Dark Rosaries. 

In other words... I don't think I'll have a problem with this.

he is just TERRIBLY UNFAIR, if you dont block the attack where the eyes glow and you are unlucky, 3-4 mines can spawn right on you and one shot you no matter your level or the gear you have, just gotta block it, i had to redo the damn fight 3 times because i was unlucky enough to get one shotted by several mines.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Fuck me and I thought the fight with Gale was bad. Thanks for the heads up. 

Trust me. The end of this game will make you very upset. 

9 hours ago, lronHulk said:

he is just TERRIBLY UNFAIR, if you dont block the attack where the eyes glow and you are unlucky, 3-4 mines can spawn right on you and one shot you no matter your level or the gear you have, just gotta block it, i had to redo the damn fight 3 times because i was unlucky enough to get one shotted by several mines.

IKR. I've checked the internet, and it is full of people claiming that this boss ruined the game for them.

On 3 janvier 2017 at 8:13 PM, Zozobobo57 said:

Trust me. The end of this game will make you very upset. 

IKR. I've checked the internet, and it is full of people claiming that this boss ruined the game for them.

What ruined the game for me is the level 99 grind. I'm at floor 30 of ghost ship extreme and I'm only level 67. You're looking at a good 15 hours of going around in circle spaming supernova. I will need alot of courage for this one ....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On January 9, 2017 at 2:17 PM, lronHulk said:

What ruined the game for me is the level 99 grind. I'm at floor 30 of ghost ship extreme and I'm only level 67. You're looking at a good 15 hours of going around in circle spaming supernova. I will need alot of courage for this one ....

I'm on Chapter 8 and I am level 65... Hopefully by the time I get to Ghost Ship I will be level 99! 

• 1 month later...
On 3-1-2017 at 10:39 AM, Zozobobo57 said:

I thought I'd take a second to cry about the final boss. He is the worst in all of video games. He can two-shot your character rapidly with no time for healing, which is made even worse because you are by yourself in battle. No one is there for you. If you die you also have to refight a 40 minute, several part fight that is mind-numbingly tedious and too easy until the final part. This boss is an error. I'm sad.

RG_EU_Cover_300.jpg

The Final Boss isn't hard at all or unfair. Just make sure to block & heal when possible and it's very easy

21 hours ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

The Final Boss isn't hard at all or unfair. Just make sure to block & heal when possible and it's very easy

Wrong. Numerous people on the internet have complained about the final boss. You probably over-leveled and you're relaying your experience. Your experience =/= reality.

12 minutes ago, Zozobobo57 said:

Wrong. Numerous people on the internet have complained about the final boss. You probably over-leveled and you're relaying your experience. Your experience =/= reality.

He's wrong when all you need to do is level up a bit more??? :S  Isn't there a level 99 trophy too? Good to see this one got a plat, that makes me want to get it! :) 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zozobobo57 said:

Even if you aren't overleveled (which I don't think I was, level 59), the patterns for his attacks are easy enough to dodge or block his attacks. Combined with some items that boost your defense and attack (which you can create at the factory if I'm not mistaken) and this boss battle isn't hard at all. Only annoying thing is that it takes 30 minutes to get to the final battle if you die (I only died once)

6 hours ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

Even if you aren't overleveled (which I don't think I was, level 59), the patterns for his attacks are easy enough to dodge or block his attacks. Combined with some items that boost your defense and attack (which you can create at the factory if I'm not mistaken) and this boss battle isn't hard at all. Only annoying thing is that it takes 30 minutes to get to the final battle if you die (I only died once)

Yeah, there's always some troll on the internet there to say 'git gud scrub,' basically nullifying the ability of anyone to make reasonable complaints about poor game design. Simple fact is that this is widely considered an unfair boss. If you bother to use google, (I know its hard), dozens of people have made this complaint elsewhere. You're not particularly impressing or triggering anyone, so keep your trolling to yourself please.

On 1/3/2017 at 3:39 AM, Zozobobo57 said:

I thought I'd take a second to cry about the final boss. He is the worst in all of video games. He can two-shot your character rapidly with no time for healing, which is made even worse because you are by yourself in battle. No one is there for you. If you die you also have to refight a 40 minute, several part fight that is mind-numbingly tedious and too easy until the final part. This boss is an error. I'm sad.

RG_EU_Cover_300.jpg

Yep. He sucked all right. The biggest problem was the long lead-in,though. I mean, the boss himself isn't that hard, but it's believable that you will die once or twice, and then you have to go back to the slog to get there again.

9 minutes ago, Balosar said:

I think you are more trolling then he does.

He just says that it's easy. That's not trolling but his experience. He even gives some tips how this boss is doable.

You just say "oh lololol you wrong. Look internet! I'm right, rofl"

Yes, it is impossible to have legitimate complaints about game design. All responsibility lies solely on the player, and opinions to the contrary are objectively wrong. I mean the final boss can two-shot you with no time for healing; you're by yourself which means that you cannot revive; there is no continue option, and if you die you have to replay a 40 minute fight. That sounds fair

2 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

You're on a public forum -- people are allowed to give their experiences with the game too. This isn't a private soapbox for you to scream that the boss is hard/unfair and anyone who didn't have trouble with him is lying/a troll/wrong.

People are just giving their experiences. Some of them agree with you and one person disagrees with you. They gave the reasons why they disagreed and were very polite about it. That's fine. What's less fine is you calling them wrong/a troll/etc for disagreeing with you. The only person being argumentative here is you.

Yeah, we're in a public forum the purposes of which are to relay information to the general public. Offering suggestions is fine in a thread talking about an unfair boss, but undermining the premise for the discussion by calling the boss 'easy' is not constructive, especially when there is a plethora of anecdotal evidence to the contrary. 

18 hours ago, vanillamoose said:

Blocking is your friend in this battle. Be patient, taking only a couple of swings/shot before blocking again (use the illusion sword ability so you can attack from afar). Eventually you will whittle that health bar to nil :) 

The part with Jaster alone, you can't use any abilities. But you do get a very long sword with a good range that helps a lot (unless you're talking about the doppelganger boss)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It is quite annoying to 1hit KO against the final boss.

In my 2nd (and successful) attempt I used the strength star item to double my attack. I had to use 8 of them, getting in 2-3 hits of 700 damage with each. I didn't test the brave symbol, if that would lessen the impact of the mines. Didn't need to it seems. Also, don't wait, keep attacking when the hands cover his mouth, you'll trigger a counter attack with the hands, leaving him open for another hit or two. When his eyes are shining red, he's about to deploy the mines, walk away from your current position and the chances of getting hit by mines drop quite a bit.

The boss is immune to guard seal. I was hoping to combine the double attack with halve boss armor, but that didn't work out.

Edited by de_digibeet

I know this is slightly off topic but what level would you advise taking on the final boss? I am approx. level 59 at the moment without any grinding and I have not found much in the game too difficult so far but I don't fancy going in blind.