People commenting on our trophy page?

Just now, totallycrushed said:

So basically Trophy Checklists?

Exactly.

@TheDraugeniron Just create your own Trophy checklist if you want people to comment on the trophies you earned.

Just now, TheGwynbleidd said:

Also premium membership with only 1 post, this seems suspicious.

Lol, what's so suspicious about that?

I did not intend to be seen as a troll post I apologize for that, but I just though it seemed a good idea at the time. making a trophy checklist takes time and giving people kudos in a comment instead of personally messaging them seemed convenient. I do see the trolls pop up and that is a legit concern I had not though about. thanks for your feedback guys!

• Like 3

You mean, like this Vita/PS4 Feature that nearly nobody seems to use?

I don't even understand it's purpose... Congrats on unlocking that one trophy everyone has! Yaaay!

Most gamers don't even care about trophies, and there is even an amount of people on this site that doesn't care about trophies.

Dunno, It feels like... That this forced social stuff has the same backstory like multiplayer. Nobody asked for it but now it's everywhere and meanwhile (nearly) everyone believes it would be negative to don't have it. (Social Media anyone?) ...weird.

• Like 1

To whoever thinks this shouldn't be done because it would allow people to act however they please... How do you think these forums and status updates function? There are plenty of ways to deal with nasty people eg. reporting, blocking or just allowing the user to disable comments on their trophy list.

I don't personally have an opinion on the suggestion, I just think it's silly for people to automatically shut it down because "the internets is mean".

• Like 3

17 hours ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

I can imagine where this is going. Commenting on a trophy page will probably involve terms like hacker, noob and trophy whore. Also premium membership with only 1 post, this seems suspicious.

I see it here pretty often. I see some premium members that have been here since 2013 but have less than 10 posts. They just use gaming session and like the PSNP site. They don't care about the forums. 

Edited by skateak

Got to agree with the points above, if you are interested in having fellow gamers leave comments on your trophy collection then set up a Trophy Checklist. Doing this shows you're actively looking for comments and feedback with like minded people on your game collection.

If you could leave comments on anyone's profile the chances are in the vast majority of cases they wouldn't be looked at and if they were may not be appreciated.

EDIT: I was thinking that it could be good if you did have a Trophy Checklist set up that you could link to it from your profile? Is something like that available? Never done one before

Edited by FawltyPowers
Additional text

38 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

Got to agree with the points above, if you are interested in having fellow gamers leave comments on your trophy collection then set up a Trophy Checklist. Doing this shows you're actively looking for comments and feedback with like minded people on your game collection.

If you could leave comments on anyone's profile the chances are in the vast majority of cases they wouldn't be looked at and if they were may not be appreciated.

Personally I think things such as Trophy Checklists and Project Platinums should move away from the forums and become integrated into the trophy lists. Think about the guide system and how much more useful that is compared to if the go to answer was "just put it in the forum". So I disagree with your (and others') suggestions to just use a Trophy Checklist.

As for your second point, you could just make the comments only open to friends/followers. Problem solved. Why look for reasons to stop others from having features they want, when it could easily be implemented in a way which doesn't even affect you?

Edited by mekktor

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

I think not, doing this would lead to trolls, and if you modded just ONE trophy, you'd have 90,000 people piling up trying to expose you and comment "BAN, Not legit, u sux, u hax". I think if the community was a bit more mature it'd be a thought.

I agree that it isn't a good idea because it would lead to trolls, hate comments, etc. As for you having modded trophies, are you really surprised that people call into question the other trophies on your profile? It doesn't matter how mature the community is, your trophy list can't be trusted. Sorry...

If you wanted people to start looking at you differently, you could always start a new profile without modded trophies. Or if you don't care to go that far, maybe you should just stop bringing it up all the time because it's not gonna go away. If anything, you're just making it worse.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3