The Shopkeeper

Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Questions for Switch gamers   174 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these announced Nintendo-published titles will you probably/definitely buy day one?

• Bayonetta 3
    • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    • Fire Emblem (no official title yet)
    • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
    • Kirby Star Allies
    • Mario Tennis Aces
    • Metroid Prime 4 (no official title yet)
    • Nintendo Labo - Variety Kit
    • Nintendo Labo - Robot Kit
    • Pokémon (no official title yet)
    • Yoshi (no official title yet)
    • I don't think I'll buy any of these titles day one, but I'll buy one or more of them eventually
    • I don't think I'll buy any of these titles at all
  2. 2. Which of these best-selling (over 1M in sales) Wii U titles (that don't have a sequel/port yet) would you like to see a sequel and/or port for on the Switch?

• New Super Mario Bros. U
    • Super Mario 3D World
    • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
    • Nintendo Land
    • Super Mario Maker
    • New Super Luigi U
    • Mario Party 10
    • I don't want to play sequels/ports of any of these titles
  3. 3. How many hours have you put into your most-played Siwtch game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3,379 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Have you beat the girl flying on a bicycle? That one was the hardest for me in W1. W1 bosses normally took me  10 minutes to beat, but these W2 bosses take me about 20-25 minutes or so. I can always get to the last part, but the bosses just go nuts on the last stage.

Oh yeah, she was tricky. I was starting to breathe easy, then "nope, here comes another stage of the fight!"

Anyone know any good games for long rides that don't utterly kill your battery? I was thinking about getting Baba is You, Stardew Valley, and Katana Zero, but I wanted to hear from others.

Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Anyone know any good games for long rides that don't utterly kill your battery? I was thinking about getting Baba is You, Stardew Valley, and Katana Zero, but I wanted to hear from others.

Thanks in advance!

I can recommend Baba Is You. Though completing a level can take a while at times. The good thing about Switch is you can just pause and put the console in sleep mode and continue later. 

Puyo Puyo Tetris and Moonlighter could work too as they don't seem very processor intensive games.

Edited by Eyjabria

What’s the battery life and does plugging it into the stand make it recharge?

35 minutes ago, Fat Chocobo said:

Battery life depends on the game. Games like BoTW, Mario Odyssey, etc. Can last 2-3 hours, but if the games are not graphics intensive, it can probably go 5-6. Haven't really tested that second part though!

1 hour ago, Fat Chocobo said:

If you mean the dock, yes that charges the Switch. It will charge off a USB-C cable although some people have bricked their consoles that way. I've been doing it since day 1 with a few USB-C cables with no issues. Officially though, it's recommended to only use the dock cable (which will connect to the Switch directly if you unplug it from the dock).

Anyone jumping on the hype train for SMM2? Direct looked awesome yesterday. I only wanted a story mode and multiplayer vs mode and got both. I'm super pumped for the game now. 

Also saw that they'll be having $100 vouchers for 2 Nintendo games. It'll work on new releases so I think I'm going to jump on 2 $10 discounts on brand new titles. That's hard to pass up!

31 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Anyone jumping on the hype train for SMM2? Direct looked awesome yesterday. I only wanted a story mode and multiplayer vs mode and got both. I'm super pumped for the game now. 

Also saw that they'll be having $100 vouchers for 2 Nintendo games. It'll work on new releases so I think I'm going to jump on 2 $10 discounts on brand new titles. That's hard to pass up!

SMM2 wasn't really on my radar before, but that was a great Direct. New features that improve the game in almost every way? Check. More modes? Check. Short and to the point? Check. Great presentation. I'm not even a creative "designer" type of person, but I know the game will still give me a lot of value in the story mode and player-created levels.

The vouchers are cool, but they're only around for about 2 months I think. I think I'll get a pair for SMM2 and another game I haven't chosen yet.

6 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

SMM2 wasn't really on my radar before, but that was a great Direct. New features that improve the game in almost every way? Check. More modes? Check. Short and to the point? Check. Great presentation. I'm not even a creative "designer" type of person, but I know the game will still give me a lot of value in the story mode and player-created levels.

The vouchers are cool, but they're only around for about 2 months I think. I think I'll get a pair for SMM2 and another game I haven't chosen yet.

I was planning on getting both SMM2 and Fire Emblem day 1 so I'm pumped. Just gotta wait for FE to be ready for pre-order!

I am gonna get Super Mario Maker 2 for Switch next month. It looks fun.

Got my first Switch games today. Yea, don't own one yet, but there was a sale for the holiday weekend and seeing how most big Switch titles don't go on sale very often, I felt I had to take advantage. Got Kirby Star Allies and Octopath Traveler. Was thinking about getting the latter on Steam, but has Denuvo...fuck that. 

Got pinball arcade running with the missing tables, If did purchase this back on release day don't update, it will wipe the williams tables and turn into stern pinball arcade. Or at least use a different SD.

Is anybody playing Yoshi's Crafted World? Having completed Crash Bandicoot and its sequel in the past few weeks, I expected little resistance, but the first world already had several challenges: I'm still unable to find a whopping four red coins in the first Poochy level and the amount of retries until I beat the score on the gimmicky level after that (don't want to spoil it) was astonishing. Now I'm a little worried about the upcoming worlds :D

16 hours ago, RachelCharlotte said:

Is anybody playing Yoshi's Crafted World? Having completed Crash Bandicoot and its sequel in the past few weeks, I expected little resistance, but the first world already had several challenges: I'm still unable to find a whopping four red coins in the first Poochy level and the amount of retries until I beat the score on the gimmicky level after that (don't want to spoil it) was astonishing. Now I'm a little worried about the upcoming worlds :D

Yeah, it's a fun game and finding all the collectibles can be tricky. I need to get back to it. Too many good games on Switch.

The Bowser cameo at the beginning of the Direct was hilarious. xD Happy Dragon Quest XI has a release date for Switch. I still plan on making the PS4 version my 50th, but definitely getting it, especially since they showed some more extras today. Other things that made me happy besides Dragon Quest XI:

Dragon Quest heroes and Banjo-Kazooie coming to Smash

Link's Awakening (hinted the murderous shopkeeper is still there :yay:

Trials of Mana

Collection of Mana

Cadence of Hyrule

Animal Crossing

Breath of the Wild sequel

This fall is gonna be BRUTAL on my wallet since I'm getting the Switch and several PS4 releases.

7 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

The Bowser cameo at the beginning of the Direct was hilarious. xD

Yes, that was great.

nice i can play tonight allready collection of mana, that was good suprise, and i never played the third game in the mana serie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons looked great! I'm actually happy they are delaying it to next year, even though I would have liked to get an Animal Crossing limited edition console this year. 

Other interesting titles shown too. Astral Chain looked cool, Link's Awakening remake was cute, Pokémon and Fire Emblem are must buys and Cadence of Hyrule is coming out in two days!

Finaly Banjo is coming to Smash. I was waiting for him since Melee.

Also all in all a very good direct, probably one of the best PKs of E3 for me.

They showed a lot of great stuff today

6 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Finaly Banjo is coming to Smash. I was waiting for him since Melee.

I almost screamed like a little girl when I heard this at work. Finally indeed!

It looks like you'll be able to make custom dungeons in Link's Awakening. Looks like they're taking a page out of SMM. It really is an ingenious idea. Essentially, endless content without having the devs lift another finger.

I'll have to check out the Pokemon news later and all the other goodies. What a great time to own a switch!

A lot of Zelda in this one; not my thing but I'm happy for the people who liked it. Banjo isn't my thing either, but I cracked a big smile when he appeared - really pleased for everyone who was clamouring for the bird and the bear. Loved the way how they lampshaded the K.Rool reveal, except with him playing a supporting role this time.

Pokémon looks like garbage, but then James Turner is the art director so I can't say I'm surprised. Animal Crossing looked like more of the same from New Leaf, which is excellent, but I'm not sure I like the idea of an island and tropical theme.

Was hoping for a new, cheaper model since I don't own a Switch, so that not happening is my biggest disappointment, but I still think this was one of the best E3 presentations in a while. Clear winner for this year.

Just now, Golem25 said:

Was hoping for a new, cheaper model since I don't own a Switch, so that not happening is my biggest disappointment, but I still think this was one of the best E3 presentations in a while. Clear winner for this year.

Maybe they'll announce one later. They wanted it to be all about the games. :) 

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

Maybe they'll announce one later. They wanted it to be all about the games. :) 

Would be ideal; all I'd play would be Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and Pokémon despite actively disliking the direction of the new games but still playing them because I seem to be a huge masochist.